No announcement yet.

The Official Shocks vs. SWOMO Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps coach should watch them in games as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I can come across as a brash poster. I know this. But I have actually tried to tone it down when it was asked of me. Now, I watch other posters bait and troll all the time without repercussions, while I can't even get a basketball-related post in through the "moderation-approved" status that I am in. Just can't win. I'm done with a place that can't even keep it fair and has been after me from the get-go.

Thanks to whoever Haha is over there. That's what I wanted to say but couldn't.
      That's why I willingly stopped going over there. I don't even try to get under peoples skin over there and was having posts deleted. You can't make a simple observation, as a Shocker fan, if it's not a positive one about certain fanbases over there. It's BS and I hope another Valley board will pick up traffic some day, because that one is run so poorly
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Perhaps coach should watch them in games as well.
        You could always call the coached show on Monday and tell him that. It would make for an entertaining response.

Comment

• Some people do play better than they practice. It's not unheard of. But a lot of coaches won't go there. It is what it is.

Simple fact is, if we want to make a run in March, we're going to need more than 7 guys playing. And considering the way some of the regulars have been performing, I'm not sure what we have to lose by giving some minutes to a few others.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It would, wouldn't it?????????? Obviously, we need a longer bench in St Loo. I am just one of those guys that wants to press more and use a longer bench. Both those things make for good entertainment.

Comment

• The point isn't if White is better than Hall. We all know White doesnt have the meat or experience to match up with Hall right now. The point is White matches up with Hall VERY well if Hall is exhausted. Anyone would. So we are hoping to see spot minutes of White to throw off the enemy and keep Hall fresh.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Some people do play better than they practice. It's not unheard of. But a lot of coaches won't go there. It is what it is.

Simple fact is, if we want to make a run in March, we're going to need more than 7 guys playing. And considering the way some of the regulars have been performing, I'm not sure what we have to lose by giving some minutes to a few others.
                Practice. We're talking about practice. Practice.

Comment

• What're we talkin' 'bout?!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• One of the things I have like seeing this year is bringing the bench in for game experience with the top 7 players. Not a full 5 player switch out or only playing the bottom half of the bench together. I think most would agree, the team loses little with such lineups: Stutz, White, Rags, Murry, Smith; Hall, EO, Murry, Kyles, DWill; Stutz, Hall, Smith, Rags, Cotton; or Stutz, Hall, Wessel, Murry, DWill. Surely some of these types of lineups can be used more to keep the first 7's legs fresher. A minute or two before an offical timeout or added after a timeout would extend the rest of another player.

It's just been a little alarming the last two games at 5 and 7 minutes, including a 3 OT. Before then, in the 3 out of 4 games that were close games, the bench, beyond the first 7, saw 15, 10, and 16. I'm not talking a lot of minutes here. I would think just adding 5 more minutes would be helpful.

Before this year, Garrett had one 30+ minute game each year. This year he's in uncharted waters. He is up to 7 30+ minute games with 3 out of his last 4 games played (missed a game due to his back) over that 30 minutes and totaling 140 minutes for the 4 games (35 mpg). I want him out there on the floor as much as the next person, but I hope he doesn't hit a wall. Hopefully, we can get some good leads in a few more games and give these guys a break.

Comment

• I disagree. They werent playing a lot of minutes early. Everyone thought it sucked that just about the time they got into a rhythm, they got subbed out. Now that we are in a stretch of games where we cant afford to lose, he is letting the Seniors play the minutes they want, and for the most part that is a good thing. Garrett especially is seeming much more confortable, loose, and finding a rhythm that we havent seen before. These guys are in GREAT condition! Even 35 mins game time is better than practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        I disagree. They werent playing a lot of minutes early. Everyone thought it sucked that just about the time they got into a rhythm, they got subbed out. Now that we are in a stretch of games where we cant afford to lose, he is letting the Seniors play the minutes they want, and for the most part that is a good thing. Garrett especially is seeming much more confortable, loose, and finding a rhythm that we havent seen before. These guys are in GREAT condition! Even 35 mins game time is better than practice.
                        I really do hope your right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Hopefully, we can get some good leads in a few more games and give these guys a break.

Coach knows there's very little margin for error and games like last night are almost 'must wins' at this point in the season. Maybe (Maybe not?) he tried extending his bench last year and it may have cost him an NCAA berth... he's taking no chances this year. We've had some blowouts where the starters were rested properly. Additionally, he can cut down on practice time to keep legs fresh.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• EO got in last night and scored a basket for MSU. That type of activity doesn't win a lot of confidence.

Comment

• Actually, it was a goaltend. The ball did go in, though. I thought he should have had more minutes as they drove repeatedly to thr rim.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Coach knows there's very little margin for error and games like last night are almost 'must wins' at this point in the season. Maybe (Maybe not?) he tried extending his bench last year and it may have cost him an NCAA berth... he's taking no chances this year. We've had some blowouts where the starters were rested properly. Additionally, he can cut down on practice time to keep legs fresh.
                                I unsderstood that there was no practice on Sunday and very little on Monday (mainly watching film). They went a little more on Tuesday. Coach is trying to win and keep their legs fresh.

Comment

Working...
                                X