Wichita State vs. Missouri Game Thread 12-6-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

My opinion is Stutz, Hall, Carter, and Jaime were better than Shaq. Overall Shaq was talented but effort was inconsistent.
    Understatement of the century.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

My opinion is Stutz, Hall, Carter, and Jaime were better than Shaq. Overall Shaq was talented but effort was inconsistent.
      Jamie was probably the best bang for the buck with Hall not far behind. Both had 2 solid years and were great as teammates and effort.

Carter played as many or more minutes at the 4 during his 2 years.

Stutz had only 1 really solid year, but gave top effort for a nice 4 year career.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Jamie was probably the best bang for the buck with Hall not far behind. Both had 2 solid years and were great as teammates and effort.

Carter played as many or more minutes at the 4 during his 2 years.

Stutz had only 1 really solid year, but gave top effort for a nice 4 year career.
        Completely agree. Stutz was a victim of circumstance. He should have redshirted.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's surprisingly polished on offense... Relatively speaking from a sophomore juco perspective. I was expecting that to be the part that he struggled with. Once he gets the mental part down and where to be on offense and defense he's going to be really good
          He'll likely transfer after the season. As hard as he plays, why would he want to play with others who don't care about winning as much as him? There seems to be at least 3-4 guys who probably enjoy winning but don't seem to hate losing. Either that, or they're not smart enough to figure out what winning requires. Regardless, CJ has it figured out. No need to waste time waiting on others to do the same.

Comment

• Man there’s a lot of speculation flying around here. We’re 2 games in with half a team. Marshall would be 1-1 right now. Let’s just enjoy the season without expectations for a change. We have a lot of talent on this team. As for the post issues, I’ll point out that our current personnel is a function of Gregg Marshall recruiting and signings, not Isaac Brown. We have 4-5 guys that haven’t seen the court in a while, let’s just pump the brakes and cheer these guys on.

Comment

• Our upperclassmen bigs would get embarrassed by the smart, tough 6'6" centers in the Valley. Please JB, be all you can be. CJ, continue to do your thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Man there’s a lot of speculation flying around here. We’re 2 games in with half a team. Marshall would be 1-1 right now. Let’s just enjoy the season without expectations for a change. We have a lot of talent on this team. As for the post issues, I’ll point out that our current personnel is a function of Gregg Marshall recruiting and signings, not Isaac Brown. We have 4-5 guys that haven’t seen the court in a while, let’s just pump the brakes and cheer these guys on.
                This.....ALL of it...

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

You must really have it out for AM. Other than maybe a limited number of FT's what do you see that has been
                  "terrible" in hiss stat lines? THIS team could really really use him and if you can't see that I have little respect
                  for your BB knowledge and just consider you an AM hater. His D1 stats are not bad at all and he was an intimidator
                  on defense.
                  He is 7 foot 270 if he was any good at all he would have been scooped up by a top 100 program. He had 3 years to earn consistent playing time here which he didn’t. He is at his level now

Comment

• I don't understand the disappointment. Mizzou is good. We were going to lose this game regardless who was coaching. We have a short bench. We don't have a real post presence. It was the second game that we've played against another team, and we haven't had a real practice in who knows how long.

We get our full team back for the next game. We will have two more post options. We will have another option at the 1/2. I don't think OSU really has much of a post presence based on the stats I've seen from their games so far, we just have to match up with one of the best freshman guards in the country.

Relax. Acting like this is a normal season, and getting worked up over it, for any team is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

He'll likely transfer after the season. As hard as he plays, why would he want to play with others who don't care about winning as much as him? There seems to be at least 3-4 guys who probably enjoy winning but don't seem to hate losing. Either that, or they're not smart enough to figure out what winning requires. Regardless, CJ has it figured out. No need to waste time waiting on others to do the same.
                      That's one heck of a mental stretch there ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

We are not good for several reasons, none of which are really indicative to what the future may hold for this team. Massive turnover, new starting PG, a lot of new players, new head coach (who has not been a head coach before), COVID season, and 4 players (at least of which 2 will be important to this team immediately) have not even been able to be on the game floor yet.

I think it is way too soon to say we have a LOT of Valley-level players. Maybe I don't know what you mean by a lot. 2, 3, 4, more? Many, we have no idea what level they are yet, but Jackson is not in that Valley group. So let's put aside those 7. Out of the remaining 6, I'll give you 2 immediately, maybe 3. The other 3 are not "Valley level", although 1 has been very inconsistent.
                        You're probably right. I should dial it back. We maybe have 2 or 3. Combination of mass exodus and some recruiting misses have led to this. Clearly part of the personnel issues.

Also, I would be interested to hear what other's thoughts are on having a smaller group of scholarship players eligible. Eric Musselman once discussed his approach to scholarships and playing time by saying he would rather have around 9 or 10 eligible scholarship players, and for the remaining scholarship players, they should be red-shirting. Said it leads to happier players overall because trying to divide playing time among 9 players is much easier than 13. Players who are not ready get a better chance to learn and don't grow disgruntled about playing time.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

You're probably right. I should dial it back. We maybe have 2 or 3. Combination of mass exodus and some recruiting misses have led to this. Clearly part of the personnel issues.

Also, I would be interested to hear what other's thoughts are on having a smaller group of scholarship players eligible. Eric Musselman once discussed his approach to scholarships and playing time by saying he would rather have around 9 or 10 eligible scholarship players, and for the remaining scholarship players, they should be red-shirting. Said it leads to happier players overall because trying to divide playing time among 9 players is much easier than 13. Players who are not ready get a better chance to learn and don't grow disgruntled about playing time.
                          makes a lot of sense........10 or 11 anyway

Comment

I don't think Musselman is a defense first coach though. When you ask your players to go all out on defense you need to be able to sub more often. The teams I've seen that play small rotations are normally offense 1st, 2nd and 3rd and then if you still have some energy try to play some defense (think SMU). I'm not sure that will fly in the current WSU system (or ever with the fanbase).

Comment

So is Eric Musselman your new coaching God? There is not one fail safe way to do things. I can see both/either working with different and still successful coaches and neither being better than the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So is Eric Musselman your new coaching God? There is not one fail safe way to do things. I can see both/either working with different and still successful coaches and neither being better than the other.
                                Uh, no. I just threw it out there and thought there was merit to it. It's an interesting discussion.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X