No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Missouri Game Thread 12-6-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Cold that I think Missouri could have beaten WSU by 20 + if they had wanted to. I think they took their foot off the gas. After two games anyone not named Jackson is not playing well of these players. Like Shockref said, Bilau is suppose to be the real deal. Let’s find out next Saturday. What we have at center right now just isn’t good enough and unless they make major progress shouldn’t be back.

I think that Jackson should replace either Wade or Dennis as a starter. I’m not impressed with either one right now. I also want to see Seymour play at PF.

I think the guards wouldn’t force as much if they thought they had any help up front. Right now they don’t.

As far as Coach Brown, like others have said, the jury is still out.

I want to see two new starters on Saturday, Jackson and Bilau. I also want to see Seymour get some playing time.

Comment

• OSU is probably better than Mizzou. Saturday we'll see some of JoBu and a lot of Porter

Comment

• Was this schedule made before or after the seven exited? Because Gregg probably envisioned a pretty veteran team playing ( I’m guessing he had to be blindsided by the transfers)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          Was this schedule made before or after the seven exited? Because Gregg probably envisioned a pretty veteran team playing ( I’m guessing he had to be blindsided by the transfers)
          Battle for Atlantis was booked like 3 years ago
          ​​​​​​OSU is part of a 4 year series that I think officially started last year (the renewal)

Ole Miss is part of the AAC/SEC challenge which the conference booked

So I think Missouri is the only big team that was booked after the transfers and it continues next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            OSU is probably better than Mizzou. Saturday we'll see some of JoBu and a lot of Porter
            Not sure about that but OSU does play ORU on Tuesday in Stillwater so that might provide some insight.

Mizzou is playing #5 Illinois next Saturday. That will definitely be a game of interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Suffice it to say, we are not good. We would be top 2 in the Valley this year, but we have a lot of Valley-level players.
              We are not good for several reasons, none of which are really indicative to what the future may hold for this team. Massive turnover, new starting PG, a lot of new players, new head coach (who has not been a head coach before), COVID season, and 4 players (at least of which 2 will be important to this team immediately) have not even been able to be on the game floor yet.

I think it is way too soon to say we have a LOT of Valley-level players. Maybe I don't know what you mean by a lot. 2, 3, 4, more? Many, we have no idea what level they are yet, but Jackson is not in that Valley group. So let's put aside those 7. Out of the remaining 6, I'll give you 2 immediately, maybe 3. The other 3 are not "Valley level", although 1 has been very inconsistent.
              Last edited by ShockTalk; December 6, 2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• I am so frustrated already after 2 games. I will penalize the Shockers by boycotting all home games this year. That will teach em.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Hopefully, the transfer portal will be good to us this next off-season.
                  Unless everybody decides to stay the extra year.

Comment

• Got our butts kicked down low in the pivot. Lots of guys in the AAC that are 6'10" 235-250. I sure JB proves that he deserves significant court time.

Our lack of a post (as of now) is not IB's fault...

Comment

• We have at least 3 valley level players, unfortunately they are our bigger rotational guys

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Unless everybody decides to stay the extra year.
                        That decision isn't unilateral. Scholarships are renewable annually. Plus in this day and age you pretty much have to expect 1 to 2 transfers out of the program just as a matter or routine.

Plus the Shockers apparently were expecting someone to move on next year since they had a verbal from Sterling Chapman.

In any case, if the Shocks have the opportunity to bring in a quality big man I expect they will figure out how to make room for him.

Comment

• I've mentioned my concerns about not having effective posts several times over several years. I don't consider getting one good year out of a post player to be an indication of successfully recruiting post players, unless there's another in every class coming up.

Morris is probably the best post player of the Marshall era, and he hated Marshall so much that 5 years later he decided to take Marshall down and he succeeded.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That decision isn't unilateral. Scholarships are renewable annually. Plus in this day and age you pretty much have to expect 1 to 2 transfers out of the program just as a matter or routine.

Plus the Shockers apparently were expecting someone to move on next year since they had a verbal from Sterling Chapman.

In any case, if the Shocks have the opportunity to bring in a quality big man I expect they will figure out how to make room for him.

Chapman was coming in for Echenique's scholarship. The opportunity to get a big instead of a guard looks like a plus, but the questions about coaching might leave an extra scholarship next year as a good option.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Chapman was coming in for Echenique's scholarship. The opportunity to get a big instead of a guard looks like a plus, but the questions about coaching might leave an extra scholarship next year as a good option.
                              He was coming in for Trey Wade's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I've mentioned my concerns about not having effective posts several times over several years. I don't consider getting one good year out of a post player to be an indication of successfully recruiting post players, unless there's another in every class coming up.

Morris is probably the best post player of the Marshall era, and he hated Marshall so much that 5 years later he decided to take Marshall down and he succeeded.
                                My opinion is Stutz, Hall, Carter, and Jaime were better than Shaq. Overall Shaq was talented but effort was inconsistent.
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X