2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
    Say what you want about Lunardi, but historically he is pretty accurate on who makes the field but not necessarily their seeding. With that said, his updated seed list narrows the open spots down to just 6. He has teams like St. Bonny, Georgia Tech, UCONN, and UNC as >90% chance of making it.

These are the teams who are competing for those last 6 spots (Bubble teams on the left. Bolded teams who we want to win.) 15 teams for 6 spots.

VCU: A10 SF vs Davidison
    Drake: MVC SF vs Missouri State
    Michigan State: vs Michigan (TOMORROW)
    Xavier: @ Marquette
    Colorado State: lost last night. Thanks Grant
    Boise State: idle
    Seton Hall: @ St. Johns
    Saint Louis: A10 SF vs St. Bonny
    Utah State: @ Fresno State
    SMU: vs c19
    Memphis: @ Houston (TOMORROW)
    Duke: @ UNC
    Ole Miss: vs Vandy
    Syracuse: idle
    Wichita State: vs USF

Bonus: Rutgers @ Minnesota: Rutgers is slipping badly. A loss to Minnesota who is also playing awful could move Rutgers down closer to the bubble. Which might be good or bad.
    I'll agree on GA Tech and UNC with Lunardi, that's it. The teams in yellow have a brand recognition (though I worry how badly our standing has taken a hit over the last year).

Work to do: UConn, Rutgers, St. Bonnie (McMurray), Michigan St, Seton Hall, Utah St, Memphis, Syracuse, WSU

I think the other teams have to win a Conf Championship and earn their auto bid. I don't care what Lunardi thinks, I don't care about the metrics....I think a greater value is going to be placed on name recognition and Conference affiliation this year. CBS puts the money up for the thing, you know, their party, and they want what they perceieve to be as BIG NAMES in the thing.

Comment

• I just woke up from a 90s coma. What have the bonnies done?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        I just woke up from a 90s coma. What have the bonnies done?
        This has confused me as well. I am not sure how they are in let alone a lock.. 2-2 Q1. 2-1 Q2. 10-1 Q3/4. The advanced metrics love them which is why they are so high I'm assuming. Our best win is better. Our worst loss is better. Our AVG NET W and L are both better. I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I'll agree on GA Tech and UNC with Lunardi, that's it. The teams in yellow have a brand recognition (though I worry how badly our standing has taken a hit over the last year).

Work to do: UConn, Rutgers, St. Bonnie (McMurray), Michigan St, Seton Hall, Utah St, Memphis, Syracuse, WSU

I think the other teams have to win a Conf Championship and earn their auto bid. I don't care what Lunardi thinks, I don't care about the metrics....I think a greater value is going to be placed on name recognition and Conference affiliation this year. CBS puts the money up for the thing, you know, their party, and they want what they perceieve to be as BIG NAMES in the thing.
          I agree on all of these except UCONN. I think they are firmly in not because of their resume (even though it's pretty solid) or metrics but because of their record with and without Bouknight. And, before anyone responds, yes I absolutely think the committee will take that into account.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            Bonnie (McMurray)
            I could never go against this

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Watching Okie state vs. WVU and am surprised at Huggys boys having trouble get back on D. Man the Pokes get the ball down the court quick. Guess it wasn't just (entirely) our lack of practices that allowed OSU to beat us almost entirely on fast breaks. Waiting to see Huggs pop a forehead vein.

Comment

• OK State wins @ WVU without Cunningham and Likekele
                The Assman

Comment

• I bet West Virginia had more than 8 players and was able to practice before the game with a full squad.

Comment

• Drake survives. Dang it.

Comment

• Drake holds on to beat MSU. I guess that’s Good News/Bad News.

On one hand, it eliminates the possibility of MSU getting a possible third team in from the MVC.
                      On the other, a loss might have knocked Drake out and Loyola would have probably handled MSU regardless.

Shox just need to keep winning.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Sigh! I am not trying to be a smart ass, but I really want to know what does it take for Joe Lurnardi and others to see this double standard in college basketball? I saw on TV that he has Michigan State in the tournament. They have a losing record in their conference. If they beat Michigan tomorrow they will get a 3 seed. Ohio State and Oklahoma have lost 4 straight games and it doesn't matter. There seems to be no consequences for so called power 5 teams losing. As I stated before the net system is rigged. Just another way for the committee to do whatever they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                          Sigh! I am not trying to be a smart ass, but I really want to know what does it take for Joe Lurnardi and others to see this double standard in college basketball?
                          Oh they see it. But it's not in their job description to acknowledge it. Simply towing the company line is what they do.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                            Sigh! I am not trying to be a smart ass, but I really want to know what does it take for Joe Lurnardi and others to see this double standard in college basketball? I saw on TV that he has Michigan State in the tournament. They have a losing record in their conference. If they beat Michigan tomorrow they will get a 3 seed. Ohio State and Oklahoma have lost 4 straight games and it doesn't matter. There seems to be no consequences for so called power 5 teams losing. As I stated before the net system is rigged. Just another way for the committee to do whatever they want.
                            How many rabid fans does Michigan State have? I believe the answer is A LOT! Lunardi and others make their living by getting clicks and getting on TV. Put Michigan State in, and click counts go nuts, and views go way up when he's on the tube. If you put "it's all about the money" on one side of a balance scale and "it's all about fairness" on the other side, the scale would fall over.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Bonnie doing us a solid by beating STL by 18. *pop

Comment

• Solid day so far with Duke, St Louis, and Seton Hall all losing. All 3 are likely AQ or bust now.

Comment

Working...
                                X