2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I love Reaves and he would be a player who would take this team to another level (yes, I realize if he had not redshirted he would have left after last season). But I think highly of him and his game.
    This ou osu game is a great college basketball game. Two good, well coached teams

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
      Bubble Games today:
      Dayton at St Bonaventure- Root for Dayton: Dayton 55 - Bonnies 52
      St Joe's at Richmond- Root for St Joe's: St. Joe's 76 - Richmond 73
      Umass at St. Louis- Root for UMass: St. Louis 78 - UMass 57
      UNC at Syracuse- Root for the Cuse: Syracuse 72 - UNC 70 (Are We Sure We Wanted Syracuse to Win?)
      Rutgers at Nebraska- Root for Nebraska: Nebraska 72 - Rutgers 51
      Arizona at Oregon- Root for Arizona: Oregon 80 - Arizona 69
      Air Force at Colorado St- Root for Air Force: Colorado St 74 - Air Force 44 (Where's David Robinson When You Need Him)

Scores Posted
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2021, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• OSU 79 - OU 75

Pokes do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

St. Bonny has a very comparable resume to us. Let's take a peak:

St. Bonny NET: 28 (?!?!?)
          WSU NET: 66.

The more I begin to dive into our resume vs other bubble teams, the more I get frustrated. Our resume is just as good if not better than many bubble teams but I don't feel as if we would be in the tourney if we weren't the AQ right now.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.49.03 PM.png
          On what level is that compared to us? The quadrant w/l yes...but if you dive ANY deeper we are far superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

On what level is that compared to us? The quadrant w/l yes...but if you dive ANY deeper we are far superior.
            Not many would agree with that. All advanced metrics favor them. Not exactly sure what you are going to dig deeper to find? And that shows being us being far superior.

Comment

I love Reaves and he would be a player who would take this team to another level (yes, I realize if he had not redshirted he would have left after last season). But I think highly of him and his game.
              I still don't understand how a 45% average 3pt shooter his freshman and sophomore years goes to a 25% 3pt shooter their junior and senior years. He's shot about 55 more 3ptrs and made 20 fewer.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

Not many would agree with that. All advanced metrics favor them. Not exactly sure what you are going to dig deeper to find? And that shows being us being far superior.
                I was just looking at the stats you posted. Everything except quadrants is heavily in our favor.

Comment

• The most current RPI (Mar. 2) has us at 19. Also a #12 seed.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...rating-by-team
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 1, 2021, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I still don't understand how a 45% average 3pt shooter his freshman and sophomore years goes to a 25% 3pt shooter their junior and senior years. He's shot about 55 more 3ptrs and made 20 fewer.
                    His utilization is different. He's OU's PG. His practice emphasis is on other things than shooting. He's the guy getting the ball with the shot clock running down instead of the guy getting the ball when he's open at the 3-point line.

His emphasis is driving to the basket and getting layups or getting fouled, and he's good at that. He's got good body control to get around defenders. Potential AA and likely to get an NBA contract - maybe G-League.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Agree with Aargh... he controls the ball for them... his play at the end with 7 seconds is a play any coach would love ... scrapped for a loose ball,, threw in an off balance shot, made the free throw, gave them a chance
                      Last edited by molly jabali; March 2, 2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Reaves is good, but he’s kind of a man without a position. He’s really a wing but he need to touch the ball a lot. I don’t like him at point because he’s too slow. It will be interesting to see if he makes an NBA team. He can light it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Reaves is good, but he’s kind of a man without a position. He’s really a wing but he need to touch the ball a lot. I don’t like him at point because he’s too slow. It will be interesting to see if he makes an NBA team. He can light it up.
                          If Jimmer can’t play in the NBA, no chance for AR

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

If Jimmer can’t play in the NBA, no chance for AR
                            jimmer played a bit. Probably the ceiling for Reaves as well.

Comment

• Bubble games to monitor:

Fresno State @ Boise State: Fresno State
                              Xavier @ Georgetown: Georgetown
                              Indiana @ Michigan State: Both bubble teams. A win for IU gets them back in the picture. MSU
                              Duke @ Georgia Tech: Both bubble teams with GT being higher than Duke. GT
                              Memphis @ South Florida: Memphis. Just for the fact that we need their resume as strong as possible if we were to play them.
                              UK @ Ole Miss: Ole Miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

His utilization is different. He's OU's PG. His practice emphasis is on other things than shooting. He's the guy getting the ball with the shot clock running down instead of the guy getting the ball when he's open at the 3-point line.

His emphasis is driving to the basket and getting layups or getting fouled, and he's good at that. He's got good body control to get around defenders. Potential AA and likely to get an NBA contract - maybe G-League.
                                I can fully understand a .100 drop, not .200. That's saying good or better PGs don't shoot well from 3. Or even if you a player who can shoot 45-50% from 3 at a different position is only going to be a 25% shooter from 3 as a good PG. Being a good shot from 3 as a shooter and point guard is a double edged sword for the defense. Over play him to prevent the 3, he drives to the hole or dishes off. Lay off of him more and he makes you pay from 3 as time runs out. While AR is a good, not great distributor IMHO, he does have 5.1 apg this year and 3.0 last year. However, his TOpg are 2.9 and 2.1.

So as a RS junior, he shot 25.9% from 3, with 3.0 apg / 2.1 TOpg (1.43 A/T) and this year so far 27.7% from 3, with 5.1 apg / 2.9 TOpr (1.76 A/T). He does have a nose for rebounds and is a great FT shooter.

He's not a FVV, but Fred's high as a 3pt shooter was .418 and his worst .357. Reaves best was .509 and worst .259. Fred was only 6'. Reeves is 6'5" and should have an advantage shooting over defenders. I wouldn't have said anything regarding this if AR was shooting around .350 from 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X