No announcement yet.

2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It could very well put our road win against them on the road into the quadrant 1 category. Better chance of this helping us than the other way.

Comment

• It seems like every game this year should have an asterisk and the entire season should have the huge asterisk 1972 posted a while back.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Seton Hall, who is currently projected as one of the last 6 teams in according to BM, lost at 6-13 Butler tonight.

Indiana is down at halftime @Rutgers.

Memphis up 10 at halftime.

St. Bonnie (Last 2 team in the field) won by 3.

Xavier plays @Providence later.

Comment

• If you love ball movement ( and I do) than Arkansas/ Alabama is a game to watch... love these two coaches as well and their style of play

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
            Seton Hall, who is currently projected as one of the last 6 teams in according to BM, lost at 6-13 Butler tonight.

Indiana is down at halftime @Rutgers.

Memphis up 10 at halftime.

St. Bonnie (Last 2 team in the field) won by 3.

Xavier plays @Providence later.
            IU white flag waving? Down 20 with 6 to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              If you love ball movement ( and I do) than Arkansas/ Alabama is a game to watch... love these two coaches as well and their style of play
              For some reason I watched Temple/S. Florida tonight and the ball movement was practically non-existent. Whoever had the ball would get a 'very soft' pick and the other 3 guys on offense pretty much wouldn't even move, waiting for a pass, and then shoot it. Tulsa/Cinci wasn't much better. Is it just me or are a lot of AAC games played like that?

I should have watched the SEC match-up of 2 ranked teams. But, UNC got their butts whipped at home, so there's that...

Comment

• Bubble teams Xavier, Indiana, and Seton Hall all lost last night. WSU continues to stay strong as other teams start to fall off. Some big bubble games tonight:

1. Western Kentucky @ Houston: If WKU wins this they most likely wrap up an at-large bid even if they don't win their tournament. Houston
                2. Ohio State @ Michigan State: Michigan State has slowly crept back into the bubble picture. A win over #4 OSU would get them squarely on the bubble. OSU
                3. Boise State @ SDSU: Huge two MWC games for these two. Boise State is currently projected as a 10 seed. SDSU
                4. Oregon @ Stanford: Big opportunity for Stanford. Currently one spot behind us as 1st 4 out. Oregon
                5. Northwestern @ Minnesota: Minnesota is one of the last two teams in. Upset would be nice. NU

Comment

Bubble teams Xavier, Indiana, and Seton Hall all lost last night. WSU continues to stay strong as other teams start to fall off. Some big bubble games tonight:

1. Western Kentucky @ Houston: If WKU wins this they most likely wrap up an at-large bid even if they don't win their tournament. Houston
                  2. Ohio State @ Michigan State: Michigan State has slowly crept back into the bubble picture. A win over #4 OSU would get them squarely on the bubble. OSU
                  3. Boise State @ SDSU: Huge two MWC games for these two. Boise State is currently projected as a 10 seed. SDSU
                  4. Oregon @ Stanford: Big opportunity for Stanford. Currently one spot behind us as 1st 4 out. Oregon
                  5. Northwestern @ Minnesota: Minnesota is one of the last two teams in. Upset would be nice. NU
                  Previously 10-12 Marquette may have put some question marks on UNC by beating them 83-70 at UNC. UNC is 0-3 against the AP / USA polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Previously 10-12 Marquette may have put some question marks on UNC by beating them 83-70 at UNC. UNC is 0-3 against the AP / USA polls.
                    No. That is a quality loss for North Carolina. And now that Kstate has beaten OU, all they have to do is win 1 more game and they are on the bubble. The loss by Virginia Tech against Georgia Tech has no impact. That is another quality loss. And the win by Michigan State over Illinois has no impact on Illinois and puts Tom Izzo team in the tournament. You must learn to accept the double standard rules. These rules are set up to give so-called power 5 schools an advantage and make them money. Make the NCAA tournament great again.

Comment

• Without their best player, Belmont is getting beat by E Kentucky.

Comment

Bubble teams Xavier, Indiana, and Seton Hall all lost last night. WSU continues to stay strong as other teams start to fall off. Some big bubble games tonight:
                        WSU problem is not having other teams lose, WSU problem is actually getting games PLAYED and WINNING to get a resume that is at-large worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU problem is not having other teams lose, WSU problem is actually getting games PLAYED and WINNING to get a resume that is at-large worthy.
                          While I do agree.. if the Shox win out I’m still not sure that alone is enough. Ideally we want to win out and have other bubble teams continue to lose. Beating Tulane, Memphis, and Temple isn’t going to move our needle that much. Teams like Indiana and Seton Hall eliminating themselves from the field can only help us.

Comment

While I do agree.. if the Shox win out I’m still not sure that alone is enough. Ideally we want to win out and have other bubble teams continue to lose. Beating Tulane, Memphis, and Temple isn’t going to move our needle that much. Teams like Indiana and Seton Hall eliminating themselves from the field can only help us.
                            I agree I don't think WSU winning out in the regular season will be enough.

I also believe that Seton Hall and Indiana losing 2 more games will still have a better resume than WSU present resume. I think it will take WSU winning their next 3 games and make a strong run in the AAC tournament for them to start jumping teams.

Comment

• In what weird world do you beat #6 in the nation, win your regular season conference -- which is the 7th toughest conference in the country, have the conference POY, lose only to teams you are supposed to, dont lose to any teams you arent supposed to, all while playing your first matches short handed .... and still not be a tournament worthy team?

This season is broken. The Shockers aren't.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I agree I don't think WSU winning out in the regular season will be enough.

I also believe that Seton Hall and Indiana losing 2 more games will still have a better resume than WSU present resume. I think it will take WSU winning their next 3 games and make a strong run in the AAC tournament for them to start jumping teams.
                                You are going to have to explain how Seton Hall would be better right now... Let alone with 2 more losses. The only thing I see that makes them better is their NET

Seton Hall right now :
                                13-10
                                NET 54
                                3-6 Q1, 2-3 Q2, 7-1 Q3, 1-0 Q4 SOS 40
                                Best NET win: 39 Penn State
                                Worst Loss: 130 Butler

WSU right now
                                11-4
                                NET 67
                                2-2 Q1, 2-2 Q2, 6-0 Q3, 1-0 Q4
                                SOS 22
                                Best NET win: 6 Houston