2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    A lot of bubble teams taking losses today. UConn, Minnesota, VCU, Indiana... Stanford in Double OT

​​​​
    Good observation on the list but most shouldn’t be that hard to leave out . The biggest problem for us is we don’t seem to play games this season. The Houston game set a new standard for how hard we can play & unselfish basketball. Anxious to see if we can continue to build on that grit as our model for winning. With Duke, KU, NC and others having a down year, it is hard for me to think they will keep them out of the big show. KU has done better recently & should probably get in ,but I really don”t think it would have mattered. Michigan State and Kentucky too. We shall see as Duke lost to goto 11-9 yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post

Good observation on the list but most shouldn’t be that hard to leave out . The biggest problem for us is we don’t seem to play games this season. The Houston game set a new standard for how hard we can play & unselfish basketball. Anxious to see if we can continue to build on that grit as our model for winning. With Duke, KU, NC and others having a down year, it is hard for me to think they will keep them out of the big show. KU has done better recently & should probably get in ,but I really don”t think it would have mattered. Michigan State and Kentucky too. We shall see as Duke lost to goto 11-9 yesterday.
      I know most of us enjoy getting under the skin of KU fans, but they were never close to missing the field. Love ‘em (not many here do) or hate ‘em, they are an NCAA tournament worthy team. Of course I believe we are also.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I know most of us enjoy getting under the skin of KU fans, but they were never close to missing the field. Love ‘em (not many here do) or hate ‘em, they are an NCAA tournament worthy team. Of course I believe we are also.
        Agreed. They are an NCAA team. I think if we had their conference schedule and their conference COVID regulations (or lack thereof) then we would be a single digit seed too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

I appreciate you and Sko’s (and whoever else) to take the time to put all of this together. Thanks!

From a bubble watch perspective, looked like a good day for the Shocks...assuming they continue to take care of business.
          SkoShox deserves most of the credit. He put the list of games together. I just tracked and reported the game results.

Comment

• I love how Cinci and Memphis can play each other, but WSU can’t play either.
            The Assman

Comment

• I hate Memphis.

Comment

• Michigan State loses to Maryland by 18 on the road. Good for WSU

Comment

• Bubble Games today:
                  Dayton at St Bonaventure- Root for Dayton
                  St Joe's at Richmond- Root for St Joe's
                  Umass at St. Louis- Root for UMass
                  UNC at Syracuse- Root for the Cuse
                  Rutgers at Nebraska- Root for Nebraska
                  Arizona at Oregon- Root for Arizona
                  Air Force at Colorado St- Root for Air Force

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                    Bubble Games today:
                    Dayton at St Bonaventure- Root for Dayton
                    St Joe's at Richmond- Root for St Joe's
                    Umass at St. Louis- Root for UMass
                    UNC at Syracuse- Root for the Cuse
                    Rutgers at Nebraska- Root for Nebraska
                    Arizona at Oregon- Root for Arizona
                    Air Force at Colorado St- Root for Air Force
                    Uhh, I'm not rooting for Syracuse. Most think Carolina is in. Let's just keep it that way, and not give the mighty Orange a reason to be in the tournament. I just don't see how Syracuse gets left out if they beat UNC, and Drake played WhoosDat University, College of IDon'tGive a Crap, and Suck State.

Comment

• St. Bonnie loses at home to Dayton. *pop

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                        St. Bonnie loses at home to Dayton. *pop
                        They might still be in (not sure they SHOULD) but they prob still will be. Richmond on the other hand is done.

Comment

• Teddy leaves the program and Nebraska beats Rutgers by 21.

Comment

• This OU/ OSU game is amazing... may hate him but Reaves is a player...

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              This OU/ OSU game is amazing... may hate him but Reaves is a player...
                              I love Reaves and he would be a player who would take this team to another level (yes, I realize if he had not redshirted he would have left after last season). But I think highly of him and his game.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They might still be in (not sure they SHOULD) but they prob still will be. Richmond on the other hand is done.
                                St. Bonny has a very comparable resume to us. Let's take a peak:

St. Bonny NET: 28 (?!?!?)
                                WSU NET: 66.

The more I begin to dive into our resume vs other bubble teams, the more I get frustrated. Our resume is just as good if not better than many bubble teams but I don't feel as if we would be in the tourney if we weren't the AQ right now.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.49.03 PM.png

Comment

Working...
                                X