2020-21 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Meanwhile Drake is 9-0 and the flagship of the Valley.
    I can't believe they are better than Bradley or Loyola (or maybe even UNI). But, I was wrong about 'em in 08 (?).

Comment

• UNI isn’t in that discussion anymore. The loss of AJ Green for the year certainly ends their at large hopes as well as conference title dreams. They’re still well coached and they back doored MSU to death last night. A competent coach would have adjusted and won with far superior talent.

The Drake is interesting. One wonders where they’d be if their big guy hadn’t transferred to Minnesota.

Comment

• Comment

• Could’ve gone without seeing a tweet from that dip **** this morning.

Comment

• I would fly down if someone wanted to arrange a brawl Gangs of New York style.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

How jesse newell still has a vote is beyond me. Straight homer status

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Could’ve gone without seeing a tweet from that dip ****
                FIFY

Comment

Does that ignoramous realize that all the metrics this early and especially this season are worthless and are weighted heavily still from last year?

Twatwaffle.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

How jesse newell still has a vote is beyond me. Straight homer status
                    He has KU ranked 9th in his poll, lowest among any AP voter, so I don't think he's doing it because he's a KU homer. Just ranking based on efficiency/quality rather than resume.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Does that ignoramous realize that all the metrics this early and especially this season are worthless and are weighted heavily still from last year?

Twatwaffle.
                      Has anyone asked him? It would be a good question. I don't follow him at all so I don't know anything about him or his votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

He has KU ranked 9th in his poll, lowest among any AP voter, so I don't think he's doing it because he's a KU homer. Just ranking based on efficiency/quality rather than resume.
                        While I agree with you on that, I also believe Newell is punishing Mizzou for being Mizzou because he's a KU homer. Blind resume' Mizzou to Newell and I bet they are substantially higher. Newell can't eliminate his anti-Mizzou bias.

And there's nothing wrong with that. If I was voting there's no doubt I would be harsher on ku than most other schools. But I would admit it, not try to hide behind it and explain it away, as Newell so often likes to do.

Just my .02.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Twatwaffle.
                          Twatwaffle FTW.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Twatwaffle FTW.
                            Got a good chuckle out me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

11-0.
                              9-0 in D-1 games assuming you count Chicago State as a D-1 team.

WarrenNolan.com ranks Drake's non-con schedule (excluding the 2 non-D1 teams) at #297.

So far the 9 D-1 opponents they have faced have a combined record of 16-51.

Maybe that is the class of the Valley but it is debatable how much class that is.

Comment

I think that is called KU Football 2008 Syndrome.

Comment

Working...
                                X