X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Per Mike Kennedy the positive in the Memphis program was a support staffer not a player. Their game Sunday against Houston is still on so it seems like there’s a decent chance we will still play them Thursday.
    Depends on how many players were close contacts to that support staff

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
    If our game is called early enough vs Memphis we could probably play our game @Cinci. They play Sunday and then off until the following Sunday..
    Per Mike Kennedy the positive in the Memphis program was a support staffer not a player. Their game Sunday against Houston is still on so it seems like there’s a decent chance we will still play them Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied
    If our game is called early enough vs Memphis we could probably play our game @Cinci. They play Sunday and then off until the following Sunday..

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I love all the Tulsa fans a month ago thinking they were actually gonna be a factor at the end lol.

Still top half pie?
    Based on the current standings, yes.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    I love all the Tulsa fans a month ago thinking they were actually gonna be a factor at the end lol.

Still top half pie?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Tulane beating Tulsa 54-44 with 2 to go .... In the game ... Not the first half

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    With our game against Memphis being the 18th, there's a good chance it might be affected.
    COVID positives were only support staff, not players. Their Houston game Sunday hasn’t been called off yet so we’ll see.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    With our game against Memphis being the 18th, there's a good chance it might be affected.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    Is it just my imagination or has the AAC had way more Covid cancellations than other conferences like the big 12
    We seem to be Covid Central... larger cities?

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    I hope they cancel both ECU games, neither is going to help our resume, reschedule @ Cinci and maybe USF at home and then try like hell to reschedule the Memphis game if they aren’t able to play next Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    replied
    Is it just my imagination or has the AAC had way more Covid cancellations than other conferences like the big 12

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    New Games postponed

2/11 - ECU at Temple (ECU COVID)
    2/13 - Temple at ECU (ECU COVID)

2/11 - Cincy at Memphis (Memphis COVID)

Memphis is on a full pause at the moment .. They are scheduled to play here on the 18th. That might be in jeopardy or they might be shorthanded.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I think where the argument for opting out of or cancelling the conference tournaments out of fear of Covid exposure falls apart is that

A) as far as I know, the risk of transmission is very low in a 40 minute basketball game.
    B) the players are much less likely to be exposed when they’re on a road trip away from friends/fans/bars/etc basically living in a controlled bubble where everything is planned as safely as possible.

But I’ve noticed that many in the sports media now fancy themselves experts on transmissible diseases all of a sudden so I’m sure they know best. *sarcasm*
    Or in UNC case, the team partying with the student body after beating Duke.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    I think where the argument for opting out of or cancelling the conference tournaments out of fear of Covid exposure falls apart is that

A) as far as I know, the risk of transmission is very low in a 40 minute basketball game.
    B) the players are much less likely to be exposed when they’re on a road trip away from friends/fans/bars/etc basically living in a controlled bubble where everything is planned as safely as possible.

But I’ve noticed that many in the sports media now fancy themselves experts on transmissible diseases all of a sudden so I’m sure they know best. *sarcasm*

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe I read somewhere that the AAC has rules preventing this scenario and a school would not be allowed to opt out of the conference tournament. I don't know exactly what the repercussion might be though.
    I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to explain why 3/4 of your team has been exposed to covid and has to quarantine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X