No announcement yet.

2020-21 AAC games/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is something to ponder about the tournament. What if Houston opts out? Some experts have said the
    league is a one team league but that would insure at least two. Then, would the format be changed with the
    #2 seed the new #1 or would the team slated to play Houston get a bye? That doesn't seem right.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Here is something to ponder about the tournament. What if Houston opts out? Some experts have said the
      league is a one team league but that would insure at least two. Then, would the format be changed with the
      #2 seed the new #1 or would the team slated to play Houston get a bye? That doesn't seem right.
      Why would Houston choose to or be allowed opt out?

Comment

• Listening to Talk Angry today and the coaches show yesterday I now think the best case scenario is to cancel the second ECU game and the USF game. We don’t really stand to benefit from a win in either game. I would still like to see them try to reschedule @Cinci since that would be another Q2 opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Why would Houston choose to or be allowed opt out?
          I can say why they might choose not to play - If they feel safe as far as at-large, they could argue they risking their NCAA appearance by playing in meaningless tournament for them where they could contract covid.

Parrish/Norlander have been arguing that conference tournaments push right up to selection sunday are a risk and they should either be pushed back or gotten rid of entirely. They have even said they wouldn't be surprised to see some team drop of out conference tournaments. They even thought this might be a league strategy to steal an additional bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I can say why they might choose not to play - If they feel safe as far as at-large, they could argue they risking their NCAA appearance by playing in meaningless tournament for them where they could contract covid.

Parrish/Norlander have been arguing that conference tournaments push right up to selection sunday are a risk and they should either be pushed back or gotten rid of entirely. They have even said they wouldn't be surprised to see some team drop of out conference tournaments. They even thought this might be a league strategy to steal an additional bid.
            I believe I read somewhere that the AAC has rules preventing this scenario and a school would not be allowed to opt out of the conference tournament. I don't know exactly what the repercussion might be though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe I read somewhere that the AAC has rules preventing this scenario and a school would not be allowed to opt out of the conference tournament. I don't know exactly what the repercussion might be though.
              I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to explain why 3/4 of your team has been exposed to covid and has to quarantine.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I think where the argument for opting out of or cancelling the conference tournaments out of fear of Covid exposure falls apart is that

A) as far as I know, the risk of transmission is very low in a 40 minute basketball game.
                B) the players are much less likely to be exposed when they’re on a road trip away from friends/fans/bars/etc basically living in a controlled bubble where everything is planned as safely as possible.

But I’ve noticed that many in the sports media now fancy themselves experts on transmissible diseases all of a sudden so I’m sure they know best. *sarcasm*

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  I think where the argument for opting out of or cancelling the conference tournaments out of fear of Covid exposure falls apart is that

A) as far as I know, the risk of transmission is very low in a 40 minute basketball game.
                  B) the players are much less likely to be exposed when they’re on a road trip away from friends/fans/bars/etc basically living in a controlled bubble where everything is planned as safely as possible.

But I’ve noticed that many in the sports media now fancy themselves experts on transmissible diseases all of a sudden so I’m sure they know best. *sarcasm*
                  Or in UNC case, the team partying with the student body after beating Duke.

Comment

• New Games postponed

2/11 - ECU at Temple (ECU COVID)
                    2/13 - Temple at ECU (ECU COVID)

2/11 - Cincy at Memphis (Memphis COVID)

Memphis is on a full pause at the moment .. They are scheduled to play here on the 18th. That might be in jeopardy or they might be shorthanded.

Comment

• Is it just my imagination or has the AAC had way more Covid cancellations than other conferences like the big 12

Comment

• I hope they cancel both ECU games, neither is going to help our resume, reschedule @ Cinci and maybe USF at home and then try like hell to reschedule the Memphis game if they aren’t able to play next Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          Is it just my imagination or has the AAC had way more Covid cancellations than other conferences like the big 12
                          We seem to be Covid Central... larger cities?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• With our game against Memphis being the 18th, there's a good chance it might be affected.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              With our game against Memphis being the 18th, there's a good chance it might be affected.
                              COVID positives were only support staff, not players. Their Houston game Sunday hasn’t been called off yet so we’ll see.

Comment

• Tulane beating Tulsa 54-44 with 2 to go .... In the game ... Not the first half

Comment

Working...
                                X