X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I can say why they might choose not to play - If they feel safe as far as at-large, they could argue they risking their NCAA appearance by playing in meaningless tournament for them where they could contract covid.

Parrish/Norlander have been arguing that conference tournaments push right up to selection sunday are a risk and they should either be pushed back or gotten rid of entirely. They have even said they wouldn't be surprised to see some team drop of out conference tournaments. They even thought this might be a league strategy to steal an additional bid.
    I believe I read somewhere that the AAC has rules preventing this scenario and a school would not be allowed to opt out of the conference tournament. I don't know exactly what the repercussion might be though.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Why would Houston choose to or be allowed opt out?
    I can say why they might choose not to play - If they feel safe as far as at-large, they could argue they risking their NCAA appearance by playing in meaningless tournament for them where they could contract covid.

Parrish/Norlander have been arguing that conference tournaments push right up to selection sunday are a risk and they should either be pushed back or gotten rid of entirely. They have even said they wouldn't be surprised to see some team drop of out conference tournaments. They even thought this might be a league strategy to steal an additional bid.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Listening to Talk Angry today and the coaches show yesterday I now think the best case scenario is to cancel the second ECU game and the USF game. We don’t really stand to benefit from a win in either game. I would still like to see them try to reschedule @Cinci since that would be another Q2 opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Here is something to ponder about the tournament. What if Houston opts out? Some experts have said the
    league is a one team league but that would insure at least two. Then, would the format be changed with the
    #2 seed the new #1 or would the team slated to play Houston get a bye? That doesn't seem right.
    Why would Houston choose to or be allowed opt out?

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Here is something to ponder about the tournament. What if Houston opts out? Some experts have said the
    league is a one team league but that would insure at least two. Then, would the format be changed with the
    #2 seed the new #1 or would the team slated to play Houston get a bye? That doesn't seem right.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    49 all with 8:22 to go. Gardner with 17 points.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Watching ECU and SMU now. SMU up 21-16. But basically the only big guy option for ECU just got ejected for a bush league ankle stomp on Chagrois from SMU who was on the ground. Idiot move.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    23 turnovers to 21 made FG in this first half of UC vs Tulane.
    Last edited by Stickboy46; February 7, 2021, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    It's probably a good thing most AAC games are on ESPN+ ... There is some ugly basketball this year.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

By a combined 2 points or something? I think they caught Memphis at the right time.

Are you saying that Tulsa is a top half AAC team?
    Looking at their remaining schedule I guess they’ll go 6-2 or 5-3 if they get all the games rescheduled. 12-8 or 11-9 would probably put them somewhere in the top 6, so yeah I guess I do consider them top half of 11 teams.

They won @ Memphis by 7.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Also swept Memphis.
    By a combined 2 points or something? I think they caught Memphis at the right time.

Are you saying that Tulsa is a top half AAC team?

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Tulsa was never a threat. They just had some early season schedule breaks (who knew Cincy would be bad?) and lucked out a win over Houston. They’re settling into the team everybody thought they were. And no easy schedule for them this year since everybody plays everybody twice.
    Also swept Memphis.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Tulsa was never a threat. They just had some early season schedule breaks (who knew Cincy would be bad?) and lucked out a win over Houston. They’re settling into the team everybody thought they were. And no easy schedule for them this year since everybody plays everybody twice.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Tulsa continues to disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    UCF jumped out to a 15 point lead at Tulsa with 10 minutes left in the game. But Tulsa went on a 14-0 run to pull within 1 with 2 minutes left but UCF pulled away at the end for a 65-58 win.

Tulsa falls to 6-6 in AAC play. UCF is 3-8.
    Both of these teams are poorly coached. Mark Adams is really annoying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X