Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calfan
    replied
    Pie, I would feel a lot better because we caused it and not someone else.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by calfan View Post
    There are other teams in power 5 conferences having that discussion as well. One thing to think about for them and Houston would be "How would you feel if you went to the conference tournament and your team got Covid-19 and could not play in March Madness"? What would you tell your team, fans, and athletic director?
    On the other hand, how would you feel if you didn’t go to the conference tourney and your team got Covid-19 and could not play in March madness?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Posting again for emphasis. We can't rely on UH opting out of the tourney to get in.

Leave a comment:

• calfan
    replied
    There are other teams in power 5 conferences having that discussion as well. One thing to think about for them and Houston would be "How would you feel if you went to the conference tournament and your team got Covid-19 and could not play in March Madness"? What would you tell your team, fans, and athletic director?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by GoShox View Post

So does this mean if Houston was not to play the conference would get two teams in for sure? Maybe they should just sit out for the betterment of the conference!
    We would FOR SURE get the conference tourney winner in. If Houston opted out .. the NCAA could always leave them out. Would be interesting optics from both sides though.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by GoShox View Post

So does this mean if Houston was not to play the conference would get two teams in for sure? Maybe they should just sit out for the betterment of the conference!
    Sampson has already said they are playing in the conference tourney.

Leave a comment:

• GoShox
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I will never say never again but as far as I know there haven’t been any pauses, contract tracing or transmission due to actual games played. I maintain they are less likely to have issues while at the American tournament bubble where every minute is planned and precaution taken vs staying home. As long as each program can qualify their team leading up to the tourney, which is the biggest concern in my opinion, and actually get there, they should be fine. All caveats that, however unlikely, anything can happen of course.

I can’t remember where I heard it but I recall someone mentioning that teams will likely go straight from conference tourneys to the NCAA bubbles to avoid potential exposure.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Take care of business tonight and I see a path going forward. A rusty SMU could be just what the doctor ordered.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

SMU will now have been off for 17 days when they come to Wichita on the 25th

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    One of Cincys players opting out the rest of the year
    But, he's not ending his sophomore season. He will still be a sophomore next season.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

A little surprised, but we all know there is at least some TV money on the line for the conference (which benefits everyone).

The downside for Houston is some sort of contact tracing mess where they play against a player in the AAC tournament who tests positive or something and can’t play in the big dance.
    I will never say never again but as far as I know there haven’t been any pauses, contract tracing or transmission due to actual games played. I maintain they are less likely to have issues while at the American tournament bubble where every minute is planned and precaution taken vs staying home. As long as each program can qualify their team leading up to the tourney, which is the biggest concern in my opinion, and actually get there, they should be fine. All caveats that, however unlikely, anything can happen of course.

I can’t remember where I heard it but I recall someone mentioning that teams will likely go straight from conference tourneys to the NCAA bubbles to avoid potential exposure.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Sampson pretty much nixed the possibility of them sitting out the conference tournament today. Glad to hear and I appreciate his take on the situation.
    A little surprised, but we all know there is at least some TV money on the line for the conference (which benefits everyone).

The downside for Houston is some sort of contact tracing mess where they play against a player in the AAC tournament who tests positive or something and can’t play in the big dance.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied

Sampson pretty much nixed the possibility of them sitting out the conference tournament today. Glad to hear and I appreciate his take on the situation.

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied
    Really surprised nothing has been said of WSU traveling to Temple on Sunday. Seems like an easy solution.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Tulsa beat Temple last night in Oklahoma

Leave a comment:

Working...
X