No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am impressed people can get this emotionally strung out over a college basketball game (that for all intents and purposes doesn’t count) in light of what the country has been through the last twelve months.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      I am impressed people can get this emotionally strung out over a college basketball game (that for all intents and purposes doesn’t count) in light of what the country has been through the last twelve months.
      When the powers that be take away other aspects of people’s life and/or ability to earn a living, people are going to get:

1) Board
      2) Pi$$ed

There you go
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

When the powers that be take away other aspects of people’s life and/or ability to earn a living, people are going to get:

1) Board
        2) Pi$$ed

There you go
        You’ve obviously not visited Shockernet.net very often if you think the post loss meltdown is a new feature in 2020-2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You’ve obviously not visited Shockernet.net very often if you think the post loss meltdown is a new feature in 2020-2021.
          Check my post count and join date and you’ll see if been around and more active than yourself, but I don’t think that was your true reason(s) for responding.
          The Assman

Comment

Check my post count and join date and you’ll see if been around and more active than yourself, but I don’t think that was your true reason(s) for responding.
            No, it wasn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              This was a terrible loss to a team who has been bad a lot. I’m still not anti-Brown, but it would appear that we need to win the League Tournament (If we have one) to have a chance to go to the NCAA Tournament. Now, for those on here who’ve been pushing for IB to be named the American COY, given a Head Coach contract, and all the while berating those of us who’ve said SLOW DOWN, you need to take a deep breath and calm down. Let’s see if he can recover. from this and wait until the year is over before we “crown” our new coach.
              Agree, this single bad game does not eliminate IB as HC any more than a handful of wins constitutes him as HC.
              If the team comes together and kicks ass after this drubbing, it will speak volumes towards hiring, but if they digress it also speaks volumes to make a few calls.

Comment

1) Board
                2) Pi$$ed

There you go
                How does one become a board

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

How does one become a board
                  If you have to ask, I can’t tell you ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
                    IB still acting like the “Hype Crew” and not a HC.
                    Now this I agree on.

Comment

• Kennedy in the pregame, and both the idiot announcers called for the "interim" word to be dropped, now. That's even stupider that refusing to consider him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Kennedy in the pregame, and both the idiot announcers called for the "interim" word to be dropped, now. That's even stupider that refusing to consider him.
                        Wrong as usual. I listened to the pregame and neither Kennedy nor Doug, the caller I assume you’re referring to, called for the interim tag to be removed.

What Doug actually said was he doesn’t care for the interim tag. Kennedy explained situations in which the interim tag would be applied and said there is a chance it might be removed at some point but that it’s too early in the year to make that decision. Bob complimented the job Brown has done so far but never said anything about removing the interim tag.

Doug may not be able to pronounce even the simplest player name and he sounds goofy as hell but he’s actually a pretty good caller who makes solid points and questions.

I would love to hear your dumb ass call in. Of course I doubt you’re smart enough to figure out how. Maybe your wife could help.

Comment

• You must be amazing at parties
                          The Assman

Comment

• Most of the hype hire IB NOW, crew is MIA on this discussion but I bet they come back when the Shocks win again.

Comment

• How the team responds the next game will be interesting.
                              Looking at current individual stats:
                              MU good FG% but poor defensively and 3.3 RPG - overall still not buying his stock because of defense
                              TW average rebounds, average defense at best, .338 FG% and .235 threes - underperforming overall
                              DD good defender, no doubt, but .316 FG % and .278 at threes, can't penetrate, - underperforming overall
                              TE pretty good defender, poor FG% at .365 and only a decent three % of .371 - slightly above average overall
                              AG pretty good defender, leads in assists, .325 FG%, .239% threes, - underperforming overall
                              Best bench players RC, Poor Bear, CJ and Porter but CJ going south fast. Bench overall, average at best
                              One bright spot - RC
                              Bottom line - lots of room for improvement
                              I think it was Dan who commented we just saw what many of us expected early on
                              Onus on IB and principle players to get the train back on the track...........big game Wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                Most of the hype hire IB NOW, crew is MIA on this discussion but I bet they come back when the Shocks win again.
                                I don't know if I'm a "hype hire IB NOW" guy, but I would say that there should never be one game that makes or breaks the decision for hiring IB. To highlight my argument, would you be ready to hire IB if WSU would have won by 20 at Memphis?

I would assume no, because Memphis has struggled and most who are not an "IB hire guy" would argue "yeah Memphis is not a good team with a bad coach, they should have won." Therefore, winning at Memphis doesn't justify hiring IB, so if a win doesn't justify hiring IB then a loss shouldn't take him out of being a strong contender.

Now if these type of games start occurring with frequency then that's when I would argue he can't be a consideration.

IB is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He wins: "Well we aren't sure, these are Marshall guys, this is Marshall's system, IB doesn't interview well."
                                He loses: "See, he's over his head."

To give IB a fair shake one needs to ask "Would I scrutinize Marshall for this?" "Did I scrutinize Marshall for this?" Is IB to blame for this game, of course...the buck has to stop with him, but this one game does not supersede a body of work, need the to see how the rest of the season goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X