Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    Not at all interested in Prohm. Iowa State is now a complete dumpster fire under his watch.
    Agreed. Not in the slightest (no slight intended).

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Guessing Iowa State fans hoping someone/anyone is interested in him?
      yes

i take no offense to you guys crapping on him. i want him gone at ISU and if your AD hired him cuz theyre buddies i would be pissed if i was a Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Agreed. Not in the slightest (no slight intended).
        A thesis studying the success, or lack thereof, of mid major coaches thrust into major rolls would be an interesting way to obtain a doctoral degree.

But you still wouldn't be a Doctor. Looking at you Jill. And Brandon.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

it would surprise me if he's not on the short list
          How could we be serious about a coach who is 18-41 in conference over the last 3 1/2 years???

Comment

• It's the fans in Wichita who built this program. Even GGG said he was just performing some renovations.

The atmosphere at the Roundhouse should not be too hard of a sale; either to a prospective coach or a prospective recruit. WSU is not, and should not be, no matter what, in the position of being a distraught flame seeking out companionship desperately (anyone will do). The fogler days, and their aftermath, should still be fresh in the minds of those who matter in this decision.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 20, 2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

How could we be serious about a coach who is 18-41 in conference over the last 3 1/2 years???

See what happens when you make real contact with the ball? Thank you shocktalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

A bunch of us are real serious about a guy who has never led so much as a high school program until a couple weeks ago...
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  A bunch of us are real serious about a guy who has never led so much as a high school program until a couple weeks ago...
                  Why shouldn’t we be serious about Isaac Brown? Other than he gave a compliment you disagree with and he’s not been a head coach before now.

I agree WSU should consider all its options when hiring its next head coach and that Brown would come with more question marks than an established guy like Jans (just as an example).

I’ve yet to see anything this year performance wise that would indicate he’s not ready to be a head coach. There is still plenty of season left but I also don’t see much “hire him now” sentiment on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by paWALKrk View Post

yes

i take no offense to you guys crapping on him. i want him gone at ISU and if your AD hired him cuz theyre buddies i would be pissed if i was a Shocker
                    Then let's all not be pissed and lobby for Prohm to be the next coach at Drake after someone hire's their coach away this offseason.

Comment

• I watched Iowa State lose to a miserable K-State team earlier this year. Hard to justify hiring the coach from a team that's in last place in their conference
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Imagine a scenario where we pass on Brown and he gets the head gig at a place like Tulsa or ECU. I would hate to face his teams. The only acceptable scenario is one in which Jans is our guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          If Prohm is hired I’m out until Boatright is gone.

bye bye

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I watched Iowa State lose to a miserable K-State team earlier this year. Hard to justify hiring the coach from a team that's in last place in their conference
                            I'd like to see boatright sell that hire to the big donors. Not going to happen.

Comment

• #KeepShaving
                              The Assman

Comment

• Jans

Comment

Working...
                                X