Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbrrrinnng!

Comment

• I trust Darron Boatright to make the right decision.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Be interesting to hear his post game comments/excuses.

Tbh, I was in his camp...until tonight. Tonight’s team needs a Marshall butt chewin’.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
          Be interesting to hear his post game comments/excuses.

Tbh, I was in his camp...until tonight. Tonight’s team needs a Marshall butt chewin’.
          “Just didn’t play well”.

Hmm, ok.

Comment

• This was a terrible loss to a team who has been bad a lot. I’m still not anti-Brown, but it would appear that we need to win the League Tournament (If we have one) to have a chance to go to the NCAA Tournament. Now, for those on here who’ve been pushing for IB to be named the American COY, given a Head Coach contract, and all the while berating those of us who’ve said SLOW DOWN, you need to take a deep breath and calm down. Let’s see if he can recover. from this and wait until the year is over before we “crown” our new coach.

Comment

• IB still acting like the “Hype Crew” and not a HC.
              When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                Be interesting to hear his post game comments/excuses.

While that might have helped. We have never beat Penny in Memphis. We always drop a turd there.

Though to be clear ... I agree... This game was bad. Definitely hurts Browns chances.

Comment

• Brown’s stock was going straight up, tonight it dipped by about 50%. He has to win about 4 straight games now just to get back to even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    This was a terrible loss to a team who has been bad a lot. I’m still not anti-Brown, but it would appear that we need to win the League Tournament (If we have one) to have a chance to go to the NCAA Tournament. Now, for those on here who’ve been pushing for IB to be named the American COY, given a Head Coach contract, and all the while berating those of us who’ve said SLOW DOWN, you need to take a deep breath and calm down. Let’s see if he can recover. from this and wait until the year is over before we “crown” our new coach.
                    Yes, it would have been a good win for our resume in March but a loss, albeit a beat down, on the road against Memphis is unlikely to be something the committee points at as to why we shouldn’t be in. It’s one game. Just like people should chill out on anointing Isaac Brown we should also chill out on overreacting to one game, no matter how ugly it was, and it was ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Yes, it would have been a good win for our resume in March but a loss, albeit a beat down, on the road against Memphis is unlikely to be something the committee points at as to why we shouldn’t be in. It’s one game. Just like people should chill out on anointing Isaac Brown we should also chill out on overreacting to one game, no matter how ugly it was, and it was ugly.
                      Depends on if second Half Memphis plays the rest of their games or First half Memphis. This could end up being a bad loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

How much will our NET go down? In our league, a 60 something won’t get it done. The only team we have left to pull it up is Houston.

Comment

How much will our NET go down? In our league, a 60 something won’t get it done. The only team we have left to pull it up is Houston.
                          Our NET gonna hurt after this. But we still have a lot of games left. We HAVE to win some of those convincingly like we did against Tulsa. Preferably on the road. It won't help our quadrant records but beating up bad teams makes the NET look better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Depends on if second Half Memphis plays the rest of their games or First half Memphis. This could end up being a bad loss.
                            Yes, it’s possible, but I doubt it. We shall see.

Comment

There’s still so many games to be played and it’s impossible to say how it’s going to shake out.

Memphis is full of talent. They were picked 2nd pre season. They’ve played 11 games. I say they’re more likely to finish the season strong than not but it’s a guess either way.

Comment

It will take a pretty good hit. Our offensive efficiency will be hit (0.74 vs. Memphis), Defensive efficiency will take a hit (1.03 vs Memphis) plus a loss in the books. It not over if the Shox bounce back and don't let 1 loss become 2 then 3, etc.

Cincy, UCF, SMUx2, Memphis and Houston are all quality chances. Plus WSU needs to do some beat downs on ECUx2, Tulane x2 , Temple x2,

Comment

Working...
                                X