Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I just have a hunch his name isn’t Thomas.
    It is.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

I just have a hunch his name isn’t Thomas.
      Agree. He didn't try to steal Dickie V's shtick one time in that post.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

He's not on contract for a full year, so we got him for a lot cheaper than his annualized salary.
        $7,000 dollars per paycheck is not cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It is.
          Is his middle name Harry?
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
            I was not in favor of getting rid of Marshall and still do not like how disloyal our school was to someone who was nothing but loyal.
            But he is gone and now for the future.

I did not expect us to do so well under an interim coach. Is this like Gary Thompson inheriting Ralph Miller's players and winning for a few years?
            Or whoever came after Gene Smithson?
            Can the new coach compete successfully year after year?

As to ICIB, don't know yet.

But I like what I see so far.
            He doesn't yell at the players after every mistake. They are not looking to the bench every time they toss up an early 3 or have a turnover.
            I think this is good.
            He can discipline them without forcing the joy of the game out of them. and it appears he is doing just that.

Obviously, we wait until later in the year, even the offseason.

Marshall has groomed many a successful coach and there is no reason to believe Isaac Brown is not the next one in the line.
            I would have no problem sticking with him if he gets us to the Big Dance, top 1/3 of the conference, gets us to the champioinship game of the conference tournament, or more than one of these.

It appears Mr. Brown is a good recruiter, but he recruited them and Marshall closed them. Can he do the entire job? Don't know.

So far I am very happy and am rooting for Coach Brown to force us to give him the job
            David, I don't know you, and I've admired your 'no baloney' approach, and I like your whole take here...especially the last line.

Comment

Welcome to the board Thomas.
              Wait, wait, wait.....the REAL Tom Kosich?????

It can only be true if he says "Is the caller there?" from his radio time!!!!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

I know there are some Boatright "haters" on this board; how does this idea set with them and the possibility he may fall due to fHCGM's situation?
                No one knows but I predict this won’t happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No one knows but I predict this won’t happen
                  "This" being Boatright's... departure?

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

"This" being Boatright's... departure?
                    I don't believe an interim President is going to appoint an interim Athletic Director when we have an interim head basketball coach.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 17 coaches who have improved their stock includes Coach Brown and 2 coaches from MVC ( Brian Wardle @ Bradley and Darren Devries @ Drake). The article is on espn plus website.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Wait, wait, wait.....the REAL Tom Kosich?????

It can only be true if he says "Is the caller there?" from his radio time!!!!:)
                        Ask him ...

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                          17 coaches who have improved their stock includes Coach Brown and 2 coaches from MVC ( Brian Wardle @ Bradley and Darren Devries @ Drake). The article is on espn plus website.
                          Link? I must be terrible at finding content on ESPN+...don't see it anywhere.

Comment

Ask him ...
                            This was from way back.... 2014 I believe.

Originally posted by kosich View Post
                            Wow! I am sitting on a Boston - LAX flight and I read with great joy the nice comments from Shocker fans. For the record I am very blessed with 3 great kids and work for a fantastic company called Avaya. I have met Greg Marshall twice in my life and from what I am told he is a great guy and a fantastic coach, I wish him nothing but the best. I take tremendous pride seeing the city of Wichita finally get the winning program they deserve, there are no better fans.

All I can say is thank you Wichita. I think of you often and will always remember my time there fondly.

Go Shockers!

Thomas Kosich

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

This was from way back.... 2014 I believe.
                              Also legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                Here's the possible kicker. Billy Kennedy has a strong relationship with Boatright too. Boatright either coached with him or for him. It may be that Kennedy is someone he trusts to give him a good report on how IB is doing, and whether he has the "chops" for a fulltime head coaching gig at this level.

I'm not saying that anyone's evaluation is fool proof, but it would be good info.
                                When and where?
                                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                                X