No announcement yet.

Tom Kosich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane Dennis was pretty good the time he filled in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      http://blogs.kansas.com/business/2008/04/29/51/

Note: I tried to have all links on same post, but edit did not work. If fact, the edit function seldom works for me.

From the article:

He was a role player the next season, where his main job was trying to get new coach Eddie Fogler — a Dean Smith disciple — to lighten up a bit. The famous story that season was when Fogler was telling the team before it departed for a trip to Hawaii that “Honolulu in December is not that great.” Kosich’s reported response: “Coach, I’ve been to Terre Haute in February and it’s not that great either.”
      That made me laugh.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I believe that in this time of Shocker greatness all rifts must be ended. Tom needs to be brought back into the fold.

Comment

what's the cause of the riff?

Comment

I could be wrong but Marshall didn't sign a ball for charity or something else charity related for Tom. That's pulling deep from my pathetic memory though. Seems like it was a thread on here a few years ago.

Comment

I was a bartender and Kosich came in about 10 minutes before close with two skanks. He plugged $10 into the jukebox and then wanted to start **** because he had to go before his money was played out. Took $10 from my tip jar and gave it to him just to get him out.

Good for Gregg.
              Last edited by BOBB; March 2, 2014, 12:34 AM. Reason: Fat Fingers
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Wow! I am sitting on a Boston - LAX flight and I read with great joy the nice comments from Shocker fans. For the record I am very blessed with 3 great kids and work for a fantastic company called Avaya. I have met Greg Marshall twice in my life and from what I am told he is a great guy and a fantastic coach, I wish him nothing but the best. I take tremendous pride seeing the city of Wichita finally get the winning program they deserve, there are no better fans.

All I can say is thank you Wichita. I think of you often and will always remember my time there fondly.

Go Shockers!

Thomas Kosich

Comment

Tom your call to Coach Fogler on his radio show is to this day laugh out loud funny. And your well wishes to Mike meant more than you'll ever know.

You are and will always be a Shocker. My question to you is will you return and enjoy the successes with today's program? Your talent and road to success are great things to share, especially with young people.

Thank you Tom

Comment

LOL,good to see Tom on the ol' interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Tom your call to Coach Fogler on his radio show is to this day laugh out loud funny. And your well wishes to Mike meant more than you'll ever know.

You are and will always be a Shocker. My question to you is will you return and enjoy the successes with today's program? Your talent and road to success are great things to share, especially with young people.

Thank you Tom
                      I was back last month to visit my dear friend and one of Wichitas greatest citizens, Frank Carney who is facing some health challenges

I promised Frank, Gary Cundiff and Brent Kemnitz we would all attend a game together this year

Yes I will return this season and look forward to seeing a game in the Roundhouse - it has been a long time!

Thanks for making this old Shocker smile

Comment

Tom was great at not pulling punches on the locker room show. That's what I loved about him. Woodward is a great guy but to say he doesn't editorialize is an understatement

Plus I burned Tom deep in a flag football game at Fairmount Park back in the day so I love him for making me feel good about myself

Comment

Like a Lebanese Jay Cutler! Go deep!

Comment

Working...
                          X