Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    The one thing Isaac Brown needs to work on and polish is how he speaks/answers questions. Content of the answers are great. Slow down for goodness sake. I know you are excited. When answering a question pause as if contemplating the answer and then answer slowly and deliberately. The winner doesn't necessarily win because he was able to speak more words per minute than the next guy. Slow and deliberate wins this race. Go IB Go Shocks
    Respectfully disagree. I like listening to IB interview and think he does a great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      The one thing Isaac Brown needs to work on and polish is how he speaks/answers questions. Content of the answers are great. Slow down for goodness sake. I know you are excited. When answering a question pause as if contemplating the answer and then answer slowly and deliberately. The winner doesn't necessarily win because he was able to speak more words per minute than the next guy. Slow and deliberate wins this race. Go IB Go Shocks
      I think Coach Brown was pretty pumped about this game. Can't always shut off the adrenalin so quickly and clearly he doesn't shed as much of it during the game as Coach Marshall typically did.

This is all new stuff for Coach Brown and I think we can cut him a little slack. If the team keeps winning no one is going to care very much. That said I think he does just fine in his post-game interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If we want a good press conference.... I think we have heard of a guy...
        What about Bob?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Games like this make the decision much harder.
          Not really.

The guy has spent years under some of the best (like the last 6).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

TBH, Isaac Brown is the front runner right now for AAC coach of the year.... Would be hard to not give him the job if this continues.

Comment

• If IB is not the head coach of the Shockers next year, it is getting more likely he will be one somewhere if he wants it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Respectfully disagree. I like listening to IB interview and think he does a great job.
                Me too. I like his post game interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  If IB is not the head coach of the Shockers next year, it is getting more likely he will be one somewhere if he wants it.
                  Oh yeah. He is not a johnny come lately. Brown's studied under some good coaches his entire career, which is what, 20 years on now?

I'm pretty sure some on here might not think it's a big deal but he countered every move Haith made tonight, quickly. He was like a sniper.

Against Houston it appeared they just got plain tired in the second half. I'll bet Sampson has his squad run their as**s off during practice; the very thing thing Stevenson complained about (or was it his dad, or both).
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 14, 2021, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Wow! Are we seriously critiquing his post game pressers? Who gives a flip how he answers questions? In the words of Al Davis...

Comment

• IMO, Isaac is playing himself into a short track for a good gig, like a Tulane or Butler or Vandy. I’m just not sure he could have sustained success at a Top 30 program. Sure, he helped build what WSU is, but he did it under the direction of Gregg.

What bothers me is he has been an assistant for so long when Gregg has been a head coach factory at WSU. Steve Forbes, Chris Jans, Dana Ford, Donnie Jones, and Earl Grant all left WSU and became head coaches. Why hasn’t Isaac?

Don’t get me wrong, he seems like a great guy, but would he have the same level of success without Lou and Billy?
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• We're in second place in the league with only one loss - to the first place team on the road. The 3rd place team has two losses - both to the Shox. We've only played one conference team that wasn't in the top half of the league. We've played road games against 3 of the top 6 teams in the league.

If things continue even close to the way they're going right now, the smart and easy move is DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING for next year.

It's still early, but the Shox are in a strong position to win the league. Houston has to travel to Tulsa and to WSU. WSU's toughest road games are against the #4, #5, and #7 teams in the league.

Brown isn't making the decision harder, he's making it easier.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I see what I see, and HCIB is doing a damn good job. What if Isaac Brown is Gregg's best understudy yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Wow! Are we seriously critiquing his post game pressers? Who gives a flip how he answers questions? In the words of Al Davis...

Sorry but he has some work to do to win press conferences like Bob Richey does.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Brown has said before that he’s had opportunities for head coaching gigs. Perhaps he was waiting for the right opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                We're in second place in the league with only one loss - to the first place team on the road. The 3rd place team has two losses - both to the Shox. We've only played one conference team that wasn't in the top half of the league. We've played road games against 3 of the top 6 teams in the league.

If things continue even close to the way they're going right now, the smart and easy move is DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING for next year.

It's still early, but the Shox are in a strong position to win the league. Houston has to travel to Tulsa and to WSU. WSU's toughest road games are against the #4, #5, and #7 teams in the league.

Brown isn't making the decision harder, he's making it easier.
                                Houston already lost at Tulsa.

Comment

Working...
                                X