No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If our relationship with GGG comes to an end my list is...

1) Jans
    2) Jans
    3) Jans
    4) Jans
    5) Jans

Throw the kitchen sink at him. The guy is a top 10 college coach imo (however you want to define that - X & O's, development, evaluation, scouting, etc..., etc... etc...).

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Might as well prepare yourself. It will be impossible for anybody to follow Marshall with any success. This person will last 3-4 years, unless the AD does a Todd Butler contract. He will be fired. Then maybe after that they will be able get someone who can turn things around, or maybe not.

Maybe the athletic office could make some DVD of our undefeated season and give them away to season ticket holders so they can have some hope as we go through the dark ages.
      I don't think this will be the case. With some choices, yes. But there are coaches out there that could succeed from day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post

I don't think this will be the case. With some choices, yes. But there are coaches out there that could succeed from day 1.
        I agree. Just some of the “rumored” are just very underwhelming and make me a little cynical.

Comment

• Will the $$$ be there to hire the next guy now or will the boosters back off after their guy had to step down??
          The Assman

Comment

• I think I'd be on the Tad Boyle train. Jans is interesting, but would the university have any interest in someone with baggage after this and the women's hoops situation a few years back?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post

Maybe. But even GM didn't post winning seasons his first two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Maybe. But even GM didn't post winning seasons his first two years.
                When GM came into the program we were not nearly at the level we are today. GM left us in a much better place than when he started.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• Jans is cheap. Give him a $500k base + incentives, commercial money, etc.

Comment

• Hire Adrain Griffin and get his son to commit.

At least a temporary boast of excitement.
                    The Assman

Comment

• For me, the list goes: Griffin, Matta, Beilein, Jans, Brown, and Eck. I would not be happy if I heard Boyle, Manning, Rick Pitino, or either of the Kyles Keller or Linsted were the best option we could get. Griffin is by far and away the most exciting to me.

Comment

• Obvious and interesting names are Jans and Forbes.

Adrian Griffin is intriguing.

Outside of the box is LeVelle Moton.

Will be interesting to see how Coach Brown does this year.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Obvious and interesting names are Jans and Forbes.

Adrian Griffin is intriguing.

Outside of the box is LeVelle Moton.

Will be interesting to see how Coach Brown does this year.
                          I don't see Forbes being on the table. Too soon after taking an ACC job.

Comment

• Eck?! Didn't he have his own anger management issues, or am I confused?

Comment

• My biggest concern is that IB does fairly decent and we are quick to cement him as the HC without doing a serious search for candidates.

I am fine with Isaac Brown for the year, but want to be sure that WSU looks for candidates.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                                Eck?! Didn't he have his own anger management issues, or am I confused?
                                I haven't heard any such rumors. Though maybe there are some skeletons from his departure from Cowley to go to Hutchinson. Wouldn't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X