Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    my concern is the Marshall will apply for the SC job when Martin is terminated. Marshall was raised in Greenwood, SC and he is a popular figure among certain groups and held in low regard by a smaller group.
    I don't give a damn who has the SC job

Comment

You need to quit beating that dead horse; Richey would be a better hire for WSU than any of the coaching possibilities mentioned on this thread - including Jans. Richey's three year stint as HC of Furman is superior to anyone mentioned as a possible replacement for Marshall and importantly he is a fine example of a role model for the players and citizens in Wichita.
      I’m not disputing this - yet - but do you want to include any rationale, logic, or facts to him being better than Jans? You’ve got a lot of wood to chop to overcome Jans’ familiarity with what most people would believe is the most successful decade in Shocker history.

Unrelated but not worth posting separately:

Wichita State 2013 NCAA Tournament Highlights 2013 NCAA Tournament

On Fred’s news I felt a pull to watch old highlights. Not to bring up a sore subject or names, but the players who transferred out should watch some of this and maybe understand why Marshall was so pissed off. Tekele and Malcolm and Early glided. Ron and Fred and Carl got down and dirty. And nobody hit the side of the f***ing backboard or jacked up ridiculous 3s or shot 28% from distance....

ERIK. Yeah I’m looking at you you f***ing clown.

Okay I’m done. Just a little frustrated. Have a nice evening!

Comment

Actually Bob Richey's name did not enter the conversation; primarly as Bob has no interest in Wichita.

Without mitigation in Marshall's severance agreement, my concern is the Marshall will apply for the SC job when Martin is terminated. Marshall was raised in Greenwood, SC and he is a popular figure among certain groups and held in low regard by a smaller group.
        So... why exactly are you “concerned” about Marshall applying for or getting the SC job? Just that he’s getting compensated for being good at what he does?

Being paid by two schools at the same time? When there is an absence of evidence against him (please don’t insult us with the evidence of absence response) and we’re still in America where everyone is allowed to make a living?

I eagerly await your response.

Comment

• People don’t “apply” for jobs at this level. Schools talk to agents and discussions happen and offers are made. If Martin gets canned, SC would be foolish to not go after Marshall. If they can hold off for a year and let the dust settle, even better.

Comment

You need to quit beating that dead horse; Richey would be a better hire for WSU than any of the coaching possibilities mentioned on this thread - including Jans. Richey's three year stint as HC of Furman is superior to anyone mentioned as a possible replacement for Marshall and importantly he is a fine example of a role model for the players and citizens in Wichita.
            Someone needs to quit beating a dead horse.... But it isn't me

Comment

• I am scared to speak.
              I do not know.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Not enough talk about AG from the Raptors here. Will have recruiting power, possibly bring 1 and done son with him, which would more than likely lead to more 4/5 recruits. Would need to surround himself with people who know the college game like BB Coach EW did. Seems to be a no brainer if he really wants the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                  Not enough talk about AG from the Raptors here. Will have recruiting power, possibly bring 1 and done son with him, which would more than likely lead to more 4/5 recruits. Would need to surround himself with people who know the college game like BB Coach EW did. Seems to be a no brainer if he really wants the job.
                  It’s a no brainer alright. Whoever would do that has no brains.
                  Last edited by Ashockalypse; November 22, 2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Actually Bob Richey's name did not enter the conversation; primarly as Bob has no interest in Wichita.
                    Feeling’s mutual.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

LMAO and you wonder why you get ridiculed on this site. You wonder why your emails to the athletic department go unanswered. How many NCAA Tournaments has GodRicheyGod been to?

You’re a Class A moron.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

F Bob Richey. He's queerer than a $2 bill

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

I’m not disputing this - yet - but do you want to include any rationale, logic, or facts to him being better than Jans? You’ve got a lot of wood to chop to overcome Jans’ familiarity with what most people would believe is the most successful decade in Shocker history.
                          A question which I have answered previously; given the childish posts from some less than stellar intellects on Shockernet let me refer you to one source posted previously -

Ky McKeon, Three Man Weave April 10 2020, did this for us when he wrote "..to undertake the ambitious process of ranking every Division I coach in America. This list will no doubt ruffle some feathers, but please note (if you read this introductory section) this process was almost entirely objective in nature. Were I to do this ranking purely off my own gut feelings, this list would look totally different. But in the spirit of fairness, I wanted to make this a results-based ranking - not just results like “NCAA Tournament bids” or “Final Four appearances”, as those opportunities skew heavily towards the Power 6 leagues, but relative results based on program history and preseason expectations."

Richey was ranked #22 overall ahead of Jans and #1 in "Relative Performance (57% of total score)

Ky's prediction that "feathers would be ruffled" by readers who refuse to accept an objective analysis has proven accurate on Shockernet.
                          Last edited by Shocker1976; November 22, 2020, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LMAO and you wonder why you get ridiculed on this site. You wonder why your emails to the athletic department go unanswered. How many NCAA Tournaments has GodRicheyGod been to?

You’re a Class A moron.
                            One of your best examples - thanks for demonstrating again the clueless bully you are. ROFLMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

F Bob Richey. He's queerer than a $2 bill
                              Are you aware a two dollar bill is legal tender? Consequently your posts makes no sense but appears to accurately reflect your contributions to Shockernet.

Comment

• I'm not getting into this because it doesn't warrant attention except for one thing. It is a huge step from Furman to Wichita State. It is a difference between night and day.

Niko Medved was an Assistant at Colorado State from 2007-2013. He left to become the head coach at Furman. It took Medved 4 years to build Furman into a winning team (Bob Richey took over a winning program from NM). Niko Medved then went to Drake for a short time and was successful, and now is at Colorado State. Niko Medved would seem to be more prepared to coach at Wichita State than Bob Richey.

Bob Richey was an Assistant on Charleston Southern and then became the head coach at Furman (took on a program that was on the incline and winning from Medved). His experience is not imo where it needs to be. Hardly Major College Basketball, let alone High Major College Basketball

Comment

Working...
                                X