Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Also needs to have Twelve 5 star kids spread across the next 12 recruiting seasons. Yes I want a rated 5 star 5 year old.
    Ooops, no check there

Comment

• Jans

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        With all due respect to those suggesting Cliff Levingston, Antoine Carr, or Xavier McDaniel, do any of those guys have any coaching experience? Know how to relate to today's players? Have existing relationships with high school coaches in key parts of the country for recruiting? Can they break down film? It would be nice to bridge the gap between the MTXE era and today's players, but they have to be able to do something other than just be a figurehead coaching players who never grew up watching any of them. Otherwise, it's a wasted salary and a wasted spot on the bench.

I'm guessing the guy who got the call checks all of those boxes.

EDIT: I guess Cliff has done some coaching. But there's a lot that still applies.
        I think it is a bit risky to assume that great players will automatically make great coaches especially with little or no coaching experience. Now great recruiters. Maybe if they want to put in the work and the grind.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think it is a bit risky to assume that great players will automatically make great coaches especially with little or not coaching experience. Now great recruiters. Maybe if they want to put in the work and the grind.
          This is a good take. I read a golf article years ago talking about why the great golfers of our time don't attempt to be great golf teachers. Fred Couples was quoted as saying he couldn't more teach up a golfer than walk on the moon. He suggested that great players, in any sport, have a special gift to produce greatness, but the great majority just don't have it in their DNA to reproduce it in others. You just can't assume Fred, Ron, X, Antoine, Cliff or any other great player have what it takes to reproduce said greatness in others. Not everybody has that ability to communicate to a myriad of different personalities and create the requisite environment to put together a successful group of athletes. Don't equate an athletes career results to being able to do the same for others.

Comment

• JT Durley posted this on Facebook:

Why not PJ Couisnard for Head Coach at Wichita State

⁃ High Character
            ⁃ Wichita State Alum
            ⁃ Played for the last 2 HC’s
            ⁃ Developed 2 National Programs n 3yrs
            ⁃ Can relate to the players
            ⁃ A Winner
            ⁃ High pulls in grassroots
            ⁃ Knows How to coach
            ⁃ Has sent 24 Kids to D1’s in 3yrs
            ⁃ Would be a Splash Hire
            The Assman

Comment

• I am still waiting for a verified Danny Ainge sighting.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I think it is a bit risky to assume that great players will automatically make great coaches especially with little or no coaching experience. Now great recruiters. Maybe if they want to put in the work and the grind.
                That's exactly what Tim Grunhard (former KC Chiefs Center who coached high school football at Miege and then at Kansas) said. He said that he didn't want to continue coaching because it required so much time and he didn't need to do that. He already was taken care of monetarily. He went on to say that most players have to start out making peanuts for a whole of time that they have to put in, and begin on the bottom rung of the ladder. Therefore, many who think about coaching after playing decide to do other things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  JT Durley posted this on Facebook:

Why not PJ Couisnard for Head Coach at Wichita State

⁃ High Character
                  ⁃ Wichita State Alum
                  ⁃ Played for the last 2 HC’s
                  ⁃ Developed 2 National Programs n 3yrs
                  ⁃ Can relate to the players
                  ⁃ A Winner
                  ⁃ High pulls in grassroots
                  ⁃ Knows How to coach
                  ⁃ Has sent 24 Kids to D1’s in 3yrs
                  ⁃ Would be a Splash Hire
                  All are good qualifications to be considered for a 3rd assistant position.

Comment

• Would be a great hire for Director of Player Development or 3rd Assistant....if he's interested. You need college experience to coach UT Grand Valley State or Alabama A&M. You need a lot to coach at a place like WSU. Would LOVE to see PJ back here, if he's interested. SUPER guy. Great passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Would be a great hire for Director of Player Development or 3rd Assistant....if he's interested. You need college experience to coach UT Grand Valley State or Alabama A&M. You need a lot to coach at a place like WSU. Would LOVE to see PJ back here, if he's interested. SUPER guy. Great passion.
                      Same here. If becoming a college coach is a goal of his then I would be ecstatic to see him fill the 3rd assistant role! Talk about re-uniting a fan base, has been building a solid resume and has done some networking. Would be a valuable hire, no doubt.

Can 76 email Boatright and make sure he is aware?!
                      Last edited by shockerfan; November 20, 2020, 02:08 PM.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Same here. If becoming a college coach is a goal of his then I would be ecstatic to see him fill the 3rd assistant role! Talk about re-uniting a fan base, has been building a solid resume and has done some networking. Would be a valuable hire, no doubt.

Can 1972 email Boatright and make sure he is aware?!
                        I'm assuming you want the guy 4 years behind me. I have even less pull with ADDB than 1976 or just about anyone else for that matter.

Comment

Can 1972 email Boatright and make sure he is aware?!
                          76 is the one with the in to the AD. He and Boatright are buds.

Comment

I'm assuming you want the guy 4 years behind me. I have even less pull with ADDB than 1976 or just about anyone else for that matter.
                            Lol I thought I did 76. That was MY bad. I will change it.

#fail
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Cooz would be an excellent candidate for one of the assistant positions if he desires. He has connections and is by all accounts a good dude.

Comment

Lol I thought I did 76. That was MY bad. I will change it.

#fail
                                I don't mind emailing ADDB but the potential impact probably is not worth the required effort. But bringing PJ on staff at some point is not really a bad idea at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X