Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Didn't the wiggins play together in hs?
    No. They were several years apart and then Our Wiggins went to Juco.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Change “daddy” to “brother” and tell me why Andrew Wiggins couldn’t have played at WSU. Could you imagine that squad of three NBA guys with Andrew Wiggins also on our side? One of my many “WHAT IF” scenarios of Shocker Athletics.
      He didn’t come to WSU because we would not pay him.

Comment

• [404] Juuuuuuuuuuuuust missed it… Sorry we can’t find the page you are looking for! Time to grab your ball and

Some different names on this list. Hadn't thought about John Cooper but he hasn't had a ton of success as a head coach. H to the ell no to Tim Miles and Turgeon.

Comment

• Shocker Shaka Smart.

Go from 3Gs to 3Ss.

Play Angry to HAVOC.

Already know he looks good and can coach in the Black and Yellow.

Only 43, with over a decade of HC experience.

Lots to like and makes a lot of sense.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Shocker Shaka Smart.

Go from 3Gs to 3Ss.

Play Angry to HAVOC.

Already know he looks good and can coach in the Black and Yellow.

Only 43, with over a decade of HC experience.

Lots to like and makes a lot of sense.
            Yeah but it takes two to tango.

Also, have you seen him lately? He grew his hair out.

EDIT: He might not appreciate playing in a stadium named after Charles Koch.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• WSU would be better off taking a coach from the GGG coaching tree than several of the names that are being thrown around on the internet. They've had success.

Comment

• Still think we should look at Cliff Levingston
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• With all due respect to those suggesting Cliff Levingston, Antoine Carr, or Xavier McDaniel, do any of those guys have any coaching experience? Know how to relate to today's players? Have existing relationships with high school coaches in key parts of the country for recruiting? Can they break down film? It would be nice to bridge the gap between the MTXE era and today's players, but they have to be able to do something other than just be a figurehead coaching players who never grew up watching any of them. Otherwise, it's a wasted salary and a wasted spot on the bench.

I'm guessing the guy who got the call checks all of those boxes.

EDIT: I guess Cliff has done some coaching. But there's a lot that still applies.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    With all due respect to those suggesting Cliff Levingston, Antoine Carr, or Xavier McDaniel, do any of those guys have any coaching experience? Know how to relate to today's players? Have existing relationships with high school coaches in key parts of the country for recruiting? Can they break down film? It would be nice to bridge the gap between the MTXE era and today's players, but they have to be able to do something other than just be a figurehead coaching players who never grew up watching any of them. Otherwise, it's a wasted salary and a wasted spot on the bench.

EDIT: I guess Cliff has done some coaching. But there's a lot that still applies.
                    I think you’re seeing a lot of logic-clogging nostalgia going on. Just cuz X owned the gym in 1985 doesn’t mean he belongs on a coaching bench in 2020.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 1. Ron
                      2. Anyone that has a nice recruit in their back pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        With all due respect to those suggesting Cliff Levingston, Antoine Carr, or Xavier McDaniel, do any of those guys have any coaching experience? Know how to relate to today's players? Have existing relationships with high school coaches in key parts of the country for recruiting? Can they break down film? It would be nice to bridge the gap between the MTXE era and today's players, but they have to be able to do something other than just be a figurehead coaching players who never grew up watching any of them. Otherwise, it's a wasted salary and a wasted spot on the bench.

Check, check, check, check. All boxes checked.

Comment

• I know a lot of us here have fondness for the old timers, but this will be a fairly low paying gig and we need some youth on the bench. Someone these kids can relate to and someone with credibility with the young recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Check, check, check, check. All boxes checked.
                            Well heck, since it's so easy to have you check all the boxes, why don't we just ask for someone with major accolades.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Well heck, since it's so easy to have you check all the boxes, why don't we just ask for someone with major accolades.
                              Check
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Also needs to have Twelve 5 star kids spread across the next 12 recruiting seasons. Yes I want a rated 5 star 5 year old.

Comment

Working...
                                X