Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    You think Shaka is happy in Texas?
    he's happy making $3+ mill a year. He's not giving that up without a termination. If that happens, he'll get snatched up with a comparable salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Going to throw a name out that I don't think has been mentioned. Matt McMahon at Murray State. Young, promising coach.
      Murray State seems to always have promising coaches.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

he's happy making $3+ mill a year. He's not giving that up without a termination. If that happens, he'll get snatched up with a comparable salary.
        Shaka would be an outstanding fit at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Shaka would be an outstanding fit at WSU.
          Hopefully he still has some of his back and yellow attire in the back of his closet.
          Last edited by Shock Top; November 19, 2020, 11:17 AM.
          The Assman

Comment

• I like Jans best but another possible name is Ron Hunter. There are strengths and weaknesses. Not as much of an up and comer as McMahon but he has been a winner.

=From the AAC so he has more experience than just a low level conference.
            =56 years old so he isn't a youngster but he has another 10 years to coach.
            =He is aggressive and not afraid to recruit against anyone.
            =He has a vision to turn around Tulane so I'm sure he would have a vision for Wichita State
            =He is paid 566 K to coach at Tulane, so he could make more money and have more resources.
            =He has 457 wins so he's been a winner wherever he's been, and he's been a Head Coach for a good number of years.
            =He is a Head Coach still on his way up and not on the way down. Gone from IUPUI to Georgia State to Tulane

Just throwing it out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              I like Jans best but another possible name is Ron Hunter. There are strengths and weaknesses. Not as much of an up and comer as McMahon but he has been a winner.

=From the AAC so he has more experience than just a low level conference.
              =56 years old so he isn't a youngster but he has another 10 years to coach.
              =He is aggressive and not afraid to recruit against anyone.
              =He has a vision to turn around Tulane so I'm sure he would have a vision for Wichita State
              =He is paid 566 K to coach at Tulane, so he could make more money and have more resources.
              =He has 457 wins so he's been a winner wherever he's been

Just throwing it out there.
              There’s usually stipulations about school jumping within conference.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You honestly believe he is giving up an NBA assistant (top assistant mind you) salary to come "learn the ropes" of college coaching from an interim head coach who has also never been a college head coach? In the words of sleepy Hiden Joe "c'Mon man" "You a junkie?"
                Your probably right "junkie"....but I want a top notch recruit and this may be the path. One 5* will add 1 or 2 4* recruits as well.
                maybe I'm dreaming but if someone could sell this to these coaches, what a kickstart for the team next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Your probably right "junkie"....but I want a top notch recruit and this may be the path. One 5* will add 1 or 2 4* recruits as well.
                  maybe I'm dreaming but if someone could sell this to these coaches, what a kickstart for the team next year!
                  I wouldn't put much on AD's son leaving one of the best stages of Duke to showcase himself as a high NBA draft pick to play at WSU with his dad, particularly if he is a likely "one and done".

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I wouldn't put much on AD's son leaving one of the best stages of Duke to showcase himself as a high NBA draft pick to play at WSU with his dad, particularly if he is a likely "one and done".
                    On the other hand it could be a once in a lifetime event to play for his dad, and he would still have a big stage, maybe even bigger since he would be a key cog at WSU, where as Duke, he may be a key cog.

Comment

On the other hand it could be a once in a lifetime event to play for his dad, and he would still have a big stage, maybe even bigger since he would be a key cog at WSU, where as Duke, he may be a key cog.
                      Right.

If he is a likely one-and-done and top pick, it won’t matter where he plays.

He will have a better chance to win a Natty, sure, but Natties are hard to win anywhere.

Playing with daddy could be a guaranteed once-in-a-lifetime experience.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Right.

He will have a better chance to win a Natty, sure, but Natties are hard to win anywhere.

Change “daddy” to “brother” and tell me why Andrew Wiggins couldn’t have played at WSU. Could you imagine that squad of three NBA guys with Andrew Wiggins also on our side? One of my many “WHAT IF” scenarios of Shocker Athletics.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Change “daddy” to “brother” and tell me why Andrew Wiggins couldn’t have played at WSU. Could you imagine that squad of three NBA guys with Andrew Wiggins also on our side? One of my many “WHAT IF” scenarios of Shocker Athletics.
                          Yes, that would have been an incredible squad.
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Right.

No doubt there are pluses, but also minuses. Best thing I can say is to do a "T" graph for both "Duke and a top experience college coach" and also "WSU with Dad as an inexperience "college" coach" and write all the pluses on one side and minuses on the other for each case. Before you compare the results, keep in mind you could be risking a multi-million dollar contract before ever playing an NBA game yet Dad will always be your Dad. It really comes down to personal satisfaction risk vs reward.

Comment

The "why" probably had a dollar sign, and a couple numbers left of the comma in the number behind the $ sign.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Didn't the wiggins play together in hs?

Comment

Working...
                                X