Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No need to be puzzled. We were visiting, he mentioned your email, I said "I know who that is", showed him your posts, he laughed and hit the delete button. Good times!
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Adrian is a catch 22 hire right now. WSU would need to do extra homework on the allegations against him (so hard to move super quick on it) but they also can't wait until his season is done as that could be as late as July this year.
      I believe the allegasions against him are of domestic type. UT's Herman had those type things and the just blew over on a windy day. With the wind in wichita, it would take about 5 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Imagine you are Isaac Brown. Now imagine you are Adrian Griffin. Why would either person agree to the scenario you’re suggesting?
        Adrian wants to be in wichita but has no D1 head coaching experience, so may appreciate the time to get ahold of the administrative ropes while getting to know the players and their abilities.
        isaac could be a tougher sell but being a players coach he would probably feel some responsibility in staying with the kids, plus he could add to his resume the fact that he was the one who actually managed the team. He may also need the job right now.
        It would definitely need to be a conference discussion with he and Adrian to establish roles and responsibilities for this year and forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I believe the allegasions against him are of domestic type. UT's Herman had those type things and the just blew over on a windy day. With the wind in wichita, it would take about 5 minutes.
          Different situation when you just had a coach resign over abuse allegations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Different situation when you just had a coach resign over abuse allegations.
            True, but I'd like to see him and hope his son would follow. If not I'll go for jans

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Adrian wants to be in wichita but has no D1 head coaching experience, so may appreciate the time to get ahold of the administrative ropes while getting to know the players and their abilities.
              isaac could be a tougher sell but being a players coach he would probably feel some responsibility in staying with the kids, plus he could add to his resume the fact that he was the one who actually managed the team. He may also need the job right now.
              It would definitely need to be a conference discussion with he and Adrian to establish roles and responsibilities for this year and forward.
              You honestly believe he is giving up an NBA assistant (top assistant mind you) salary to come "learn the ropes" of college coaching from an interim head coach who has also never been a college head coach? In the words of sleepy Hiden Joe "c'Mon man" "You a junkie?"

Comment

• I wouldn't fault Boatright, or whoever the AD might be in April, for taking a shot with Griffin. High risk/high reward. A guy with 10 years exp coaching in the NBA and a championship ring doesn't need to know a lot of recruiting ropes. He can get into living rooms. Jans would be nearly automatic if he would be interested.

Both guys have some baggage, but their baggage doesn't involve players they were coaching.

Griffin could deliver FVV as an absolute ambassador for WSU. FVV was a borderline top-100 HS guy, undrafted free agent, now looking at a potential 5-year, $100 mill contract in the NBA. That's the desired career path of any HS baller who's not an automatic NBA prospect. Griffin would have a legitimate shot at recruiting 4* and 5* guys. If he's also the X's and O's guy he's said to be, he's got the potential to take WSU to continued national prominence.

Got to give Marshall credit for recruiting VanVleet (Dana Ford was the main recruiter for VanVleet) and you've got to give Marshall credit for taking a borderline top100 guy and turning him into an AA. After that, Griffin was on the staff that turned an undrafted AA into a probable NBA All-Star.

With either Jans or Griffin, I'd love to see Baker pursuing a graduate degree in Sports Administration. That would make him eligible to be the graduate assistant.

Then there's the possibility of bringing in a top 10 national recruit decommit from Duke. Wouldn't be a bad replacement for losing Chapman.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Its been a while since I've heard of Matt Braurer.
                  Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                    Its been a while since I've heard of Matt Braurer.
                    Braeuer is killing it in the c-USA.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No need to be puzzled. We were visiting, he mentioned your email, I said "I know who that is", showed him your posts, he laughed and hit the delete button. Good times!
                      If true do you take any credit for DB getting his a** kicked by President Golden? And, as importantly, will your participation play a role in ADDB's departure for dereliction of duty in managing Marshall?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

If true do you take any credit for DB getting his a** kicked by President Golden? And, as importantly, will your participation play a role in ADDB's departure for dereliction of duty in managing Marshall?
                        Who is this "Golden" you speak of?

Comment

• Going to throw a name out that I don't think has been mentioned. Matt McMahon at Murray State. Young, promising coach.

Comment

• He is one to put on the list, Shocks02. McMahon should get a look.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              As far as I am concerned we HAVE a coach - IB and the job should be his until there is cause to let him go.
                              Should not be any formal search right now.
                              While I agree to some degree, it would be foolish not to compile a list of available candidates and then check on their interest. If you have a home run coach available, but only for a narrow window, then you have a tough choice to make. I think we are just discussing the definition of a coach that would meet those guidelines for taking the jump now.

Comment

• You think Shaka is happy in Texas?

Comment

Working...
                                X