Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
    One of your Twitter pros needs to dox Good-man into doing a hit piece on KU. There’s got to be a positive way to use that POS journalist....
    My man...

Comment

• So when Marshall gets hired by someone else, is ******* and the rest of the underlings gonna cry fowl for letting it happen?

That’s what I don’t understand with all of these fuzzy resignations for “wrongdoing”. Everybody wants the culprit fired but then another school comes right in and hires them and nobody cares. It’s bizarre.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• lmao, is good-man blocked out?? Excellent work KW!
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

EDIT: I had to try it for myself. I like it!
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Sure, but you said A told B that C happened so if you don’t believe C happened you are calling B a liar when all B is doing is relaying what A said.

I’m saying everyone perceives things differently. Certain words elicit different responses. Push vs shove, hit vs punch, POS vs Goodm@n, cheater vs jayhawk, hair vs rug, douchbag vs Dan, recruiter vs penny. Should I keep going?
            Eh... The thing is, and maybe I'm wrong...but I absolutely believe that many here (who are defending Marshall) would, in an alternate reality where this is happening at KU instead of WSU, be attacking Bill Self. If that were the case, that would mean it's 100% about what you want to be the truth and not a desire for the actual truth. That's all we should care about. What is the truth? It's the same thing that happens in politics. When you zoom out to a bird's eye view, you will often see people on the right and left attacking and defending the same things, just in different times and in different places. Too often people see the world through confirmation bias, and it's crazy. I don't want to believe it happened, but it seems most likely to me. Just because I liked Gregg Marshall doesn't mean this can't be the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
              One of your Twitter pros needs to dox Good-man into doing a hit piece on KU. There’s got to be a positive way to use that POS journalist....
              I was thinking he could probably just pull up one of his articles on Arizona and the FBI and just replace Arizona with Kansas. Granted Arizona is his alma mater, but I'm sure he's done some articles on the FBI and Arizona for ESPN. Let me do a quick google search.....and hmmm, it doesn't look like he's written anything about it. Oh wait, here's an article. Oh no, my bad, it's an article where he says the higher ups at ESPN told him not to write about the FBI investigation. Well he's no longer at ESPN, so I'm sure he has the freedom to write about Arizona and the FBI now, so let me search his current site, and ..... nope, nada. Wow, that's odd. WTF does this guy do all day??
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

Eh... The thing is, and maybe I'm wrong...but I absolutely believe that many here (who are defending Marshall) would, in an alternate reality where this is happening at KU instead of WSU, be attacking Bill Self. If that were the case, that would mean it's 100% about what you want to be the truth and not a desire for the actual truth. That's all we should care about. What is the truth? It's the same thing that happens in politics. When you zoom out to a bird's eye view, you will often see people on the right and left attacking and defending the same things, just in different times and in different places. Too often people see the world through confirmation bias, and it's crazy. I don't want to believe it happened, but it seems most likely to me. Just because I liked Gregg Marshall doesn't mean this can't be the truth.
                I like to rug- I mean, rag on KU just because it’s KU. We can pretend things are purely black and white but they rarely ever are.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I like to rug- I mean, rag on KU just because it’s KU. We can pretend things are purely black and white but they rarely ever are.
                  I think the point is we would all see this situation very clearly in black and white if it was KU. You can’t convince me any WSU fan would be saying, “Ah well he has no credibility with anonymous sources” or “Goodman just has an axe to grind with Self, Self should keep his job” or whatever other excuses we’ve heard. Nah, we would all be taking a collective crap on KU.

Which, by the way, I love to do. I hope the FBI sends them into the sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I think the point is we would all see this situation very clearly in black and white if it was KU. You can’t convince me any WSU fan would be saying, “Ah well he has no credibility with anonymous sources” or “Goodman just has an axe to grind with Self, Self should keep his job” or whatever other excuses we’ve heard. Nah, we would all be taking a collective crap on KU.

Which, by the way, I love to do. I hope the FBI sends them into the sun.
                    Oh I absolutely would drag KU, but I like bashing KU. It has nothing to do with if I thought he was getting a raw deal or not. This is a forum, not a jury. It is our duty as shocker fans to hang dong on KU at every chance.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm not pretending it's black and white. Obviously, all the details are fuzzy and grey without video, but that doesn't change the fact that there is an exact thing that occurred. That's the absolute truth. We don't know everything, but our desire should be for that to be revealed. The details we have seem to lean a certain way. That's all I have to go off at the moment besides bias, and I'm trying to remove my personal biases from the situation. That's all I have to say really. It seems reasonable to me, but maybe I'm off. Who knows.

​​

Comment

• By now, I think it's likely that Baker and VanVleet are among those who corroborated Shaq's story. I wish things weren't black and white, but that's the way things seem to be working out.

If my choice is to support Baker and VanVleet or to support a coach who put his hands on a player, I'm putting Baker's and VanVleet's unis in the rafters. Marshall goes into the HoF.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          By now, I think it's likely that Baker and VanVleet are among those who corroborated Shaq's story. I wish things weren't black and white, but that's the way things seem to be working out.

If my choice is to support Baker and VanVleet or to support a coach who put his hands on a player, I'm putting Baker's and VanVleet's unis in the rafters. Marshall goes into the HoF.
                          They all hang. Screw the haters.

Comment

They all hang. Screw the haters.
                            I don't think hanging coaches/players is acceptable these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't think hanging coaches/players is acceptable these days.
                              I knew it when I hit post

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

You are a little wrong.

I loathe the Chickens, but in real time it was easy to see ku was the one screwing up by running off Mangino. The circumstances are a little similar (gruff and insensitive coaching style).

Comment

Working...
                                X