Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall going to offer SMU 5 years $1/
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
      I’m curious when the statement from previous players will be released.
      They were likely holding that in case he didn't' get fired. We will likely never see that as they no longer have to risk anything to get what they wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Marshall going to offer SMU 5 years $1/
        Yup .. would not be surprised at all. Would fit in there and they obviously have no problem taking troubled coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

LOL this effen guy...no axe to grind though.
          should have just said, “Dan Muller, D-1 coach, says ....”

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
            If there's karma in this world, there's a dead girl or a live boy somewhere in Jeff's past, present or future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

should have just said, “Dan Muller, D-1 coach, says ....”
              Are we sure he qualifies as a D1 coach?
              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

That is the perfect analogy for this situation. The current age is fertile ground for it too. Nobody knows the complete truth, but for those who revere due process and aren't prone to knee-jerk reactions because of today's climate, this just all feels really off. I really think ******* and the rest of the media had their hands on the scale from the get go and there was really only one, inevitable outcome no matter what the facts were.
                How do we know HCGM didn't get due process and that the settlement isn't reflective of contributory negligence on the part of the Athletic Department?

Boatright is gone once we get a permanent president.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

Are we sure he qualifies as a D1 coach?
                  ******* would think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

How do we know HCGM didn't get due process and that the settlement isn't reflective of contributory negligence on the part of the Athletic Department?

Boatright is gone once we get a permanent president.
                    God I hope so.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• ESPN Article

Gregg Marshall agreed to a settlement of $7.75 million over the next six years to resign as Wichita State men's basketball coach after an internal investigation into his behavior following allegations of physical and verbal abuse by former players.

"This was a difficult decision, but one I feel was necessary for my family, the university and, most importantly, the student-athletes," Marshall said. "I remain grateful for my years spent at Wichita State. I wish to thank the coaches, student-athletes, the university, the community, and all of Shocker Nation for their unending dedication, support and loyalty. I am incredibly proud of this men's basketball program and all it has achieved over the past 14 years and am confident of its continued success."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If there's karma in this world, there's a dead girl or a live boy somewhere in Jeff's past, present or future.
                        Over/Under on both?! ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Really? Does everything have to be political? Does everything have to be the liberal's fault?

You're one of Shockernet's best posters. But this comment is kind of asinine at a time like this.
                          I agree with Doc. I guess you'll have to put me in your asinine basket since you are labeling us.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Just waiting for ANYONE to explain how all the political correctness and left shift in thinking at WSU, from top to bottom, has benefited one single person.

Clearly it's been an unmitigated disaster as a whole, but if you can document a winner, anywhere, I'm interested.

Stop looking for excuses. WSU did what it had to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

I interpret it differently. If they could have kept him, they would have IMO. That $$ tells me that the AD knew about it and didn’t do anything.
                              They were going to pay him something soon after it happened or today. The time it happened matter very little in today's litigious society. It may have been less but he wasn't going away with no buyout.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Stop looking for excuses. WSU did what it had to do.
                                Obviously not since the one that took action was HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X