Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    Myself being a shocker basketball fan, longhorn football fan and conservative trump supporter, am fed up with media and all this cancel culture. What are they teaching kids these days.
    sports and news is my mainstays in life. Especially now with all this covid-19 crap.
    Marshall, Herman and Trump are all dealing with crap that would have never been issues 20 years Ago.
    Lets just pray for our children and their children to see the light, and quit believing everything they see, read or hear.
    ​​​​​​
    Hitting a student would have been news 40 years ago. Choking an assistant would have been news 60 years ago... some of the recent articles are just piling on...

As for Trump.... it was a Fox News scandal when Obama wore a tan suit. There is a near-infinite list of similar examples that wouldn’t be included in the top 100 obscene actions Trump has done on tape. So I am not sure how you think scrutiny is a recent issue.

Bottom line - If you do stupid stuff and you are high profile.... your going to make the news.

Don’t be a snowflake

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Hitting a student would have been news 40 years ago. Choking an assistant would have been news 60 years ago... some of the recent articles are just piling on...

As for Trump.... it was a Fox News scandal when Obama wore a tan suit. There is a near-infinite list of similar examples that wouldn’t be included in the top 100 obscene actions Trump has done on tape. So I am not sure how you think scrutiny is a recent issue.

Bottom line - If you do stupid stuff and you are high profile.... your going to make the news.

Don’t be a snowflake
      Take your own advice.

Comment

• BOBB is crawling around again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          That Penn State story is ****ing stupid.

Focus on the three alleged assaults not all this other chatter about HCGM.
          Five year old alleged assaults. Kind of an important distinction to distinguish or judge truth.

Comment

• This is all illustrative of the power media has to influence public opinion. We see it in this case. We see in politics from both sides. The media knows this and exploits it. Eff them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
              BOBB is crawling around again.
              I'm looking for your integrity down here.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                (Can't help myself)

Some things we know, some things we think we know, and somethings we don't know at all.

Gregg is the boss. I care what his current players, coaches and staff say and think. I care what ADDB says and thinks, and to a much lesser extent, other staff under ADDB. My point is, when did it become so ****ing important what some douchenozzle half way across the country feels about what goes on here. I'm just so SICK of other people being offended by things that are NONE of their business. If Kyle was offended, he should have said something. He wasn't. They were 2 men, they got over it.

And when did we stop trying to fix things? How many of you have been in a scrape in your life? I'm guessing most if not all of us. How many got over it? Again, most if not all. Even if this "is what it is", it cannot be fixed? It just has to be over because snowflake #756 in Bum****, Nowhere is offended? I'm so OVER revisionist history and cancel culture. OVER.

And frankly, IDGAD at this point if everything he's accused of he did. Gregg has personally and individually done more good for student athletes, by a large factor, than any bad he's accused of......he's done more good for WSU, the city of Wichita and the State of Kansas than ALL of his so called transgressions put together have done harm, by a factor of several thousands.

Oh and AC....you were my hero growing up. I doubt you'd want the world to know all the mistakes you've made during your lifetime. Gregg went WAY out of his way to make you a part of the program and treat you like a KING. WAY out of his way....and that's the thanks he gets? I hope you sleep well at night. Maybe it's time for you to stop asking for things from so many people?

If Gregg is let go, just think about how many young minority kids will suffer. He's helped so many, and could help many more. But because people not involved are offended, those kids will suffer and some won't get a chance, or won't learn to take advantage of their chance. And that's the real loss.

Gregg is NOT a racist. Of all the comments, all the accusations, this one is so out of bounds it's not even funny. He's the complete opposite, certainly in today's world. It's beyond laughable to try and stick that label on him.

And honestly, here's the real thing. Gregg is a man who is brutally honest and he has a long memory. If you don't like that, I suggest you steer clear of him, but he has every right to be that way. He's successful that way. Lots of people want to be told they are nice and handsome or pretty or that they did a good job, even if they are incompetent. Gregg's filter doesn't work that way. You do a bad job, you're going to hear about it. Why? Because he's a jerk? Or because he demands the same from you that he does from himself? Again, I get that some people don't like it. That doesn't mean he's wrong. Or that you are right.

If you're going to interview him, I suggest you know his record. Even if it's 1-5 and you think it's 1-4. I know I want my name spelled correctly and so does Gregg. He may be a bit more tenacious about it, but again, that's his choice.

We just can't wave to common sense. And trust me, I get the issues going forward. I do. At some point though, we just have to stop.

The good FAR OUTWEIGHS the bad and the bad, whatever it really is, isn't as bad as many are making it out to be.

I doubt it's going to be here though.

I know I don’t matter and it’s been a while since I’ve been active on here but we need to keep sharing this. Doc is the man and says what a lot of us are thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  (Can't help myself)

Some things we know, some things we think we know, and somethings we don't know at all.

Gregg is the boss. I care what his current players, coaches and staff say and think. I care what ADDB says and thinks, and to a much lesser extent, other staff under ADDB. My point is, when did it become so ****ing important what some douchenozzle half way across the country feels about what goes on here. I'm just so SICK of other people being offended by things that are NONE of their business. If Kyle was offended, he should have said something. He wasn't. They were 2 men, they got over it.

And when did we stop trying to fix things? How many of you have been in a scrape in your life? I'm guessing most if not all of us. How many got over it? Again, most if not all. Even if this "is what it is", it cannot be fixed? It just has to be over because snowflake #756 in Bum****, Nowhere is offended? I'm so OVER revisionist history and cancel culture. OVER.

And frankly, IDGAD at this point if everything he's accused of he did. Gregg has personally and individually done more good for student athletes, by a large factor, than any bad he's accused of......he's done more good for WSU, the city of Wichita and the State of Kansas than ALL of his so called transgressions put together have done harm, by a factor of several thousands.

Oh and AC....you were my hero growing up. I doubt you'd want the world to know all the mistakes you've made during your lifetime. Gregg went WAY out of his way to make you a part of the program and treat you like a KING. WAY out of his way....and that's the thanks he gets? I hope you sleep well at night. Maybe it's time for you to stop asking for things from so many people?

If Gregg is let go, just think about how many young minority kids will suffer. He's helped so many, and could help many more. But because people not involved are offended, those kids will suffer and some won't get a chance, or won't learn to take advantage of their chance. And that's the real loss.

Gregg is NOT a racist. Of all the comments, all the accusations, this one is so out of bounds it's not even funny. He's the complete opposite, certainly in today's world. It's beyond laughable to try and stick that label on him.

And honestly, here's the real thing. Gregg is a man who is brutally honest and he has a long memory. If you don't like that, I suggest you steer clear of him, but he has every right to be that way. He's successful that way. Lots of people want to be told they are nice and handsome or pretty or that they did a good job, even if they are incompetent. Gregg's filter doesn't work that way. You do a bad job, you're going to hear about it. Why? Because he's a jerk? Or because he demands the same from you that he does from himself? Again, I get that some people don't like it. That doesn't mean he's wrong. Or that you are right.

If you're going to interview him, I suggest you know his record. Even if it's 1-5 and you think it's 1-4. I know I want my name spelled correctly and so does Gregg. He may be a bit more tenacious about it, but again, that's his choice.

We just can't wave to common sense. And trust me, I get the issues going forward. I do. At some point though, we just have to stop.

The good FAR OUTWEIGHS the bad and the bad, whatever it really is, isn't as bad as many are making it out to be.

I doubt it's going to be here though.

Before we are too hard on Antoine, below is a short email exchange I had with *******. Apparently he hasn't made it home yet, as the article has not been updated :)
                  This could be a reason why Ron, Fred, Evan, etc. have not spoken publicly.

Read the article first, then the exchange I had with Jeff Goldman. He has not responded to my last email, yet.

Read from the bottom up:

My last email. As yet, the article has not been updated nor has this email been replied to.

Jeff,

Clarifying thought, (and thanks in advance for helping me understand your viewpoint.)

When you quote Antoine as saying “That doesn’t sound like the Gregg Marshall that I’d been around,” you seem to want the reader to presume that Antoine has been around Gregg and knows him. Then you rely on this presumption to quote, I think out of context, Antoine as saying, “He should be done.” Wanting the reader to infer that Antione has personal knowledge of Gregg and that he should be “done.”

Am I understanding the intent correctly?

I think most everyone would agree, if a coach punched, hit, etc. a player, they should be “done.” So Antoine adds nothing to that narrative.
                  If Antoine “doesn’t know Marhsall all that well,” and he certainly doesn’t know the facts of the case, then what is his value?

This piece seems to be a bit “sensationalism” in its nature, but that is only my view.

I look forward to you helping me understand if you are so inclined.

Thank you for your time,

Below is Jeff

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:25 AM

Subject: Re: curious about title

I thought I did, but maybe I forgot to. Will add when I get home later. Thanks.
                  Sent from my iPhone

Below is me:

On Oct 21, 2020, at 12:09 PM, wrote:
                  Would it make sense to put that in the story, about him not knowing him that well, to give that part context?
                  Sent from my iPhone

Below is Jeff

On Oct 21, 2020, at 11:05 AM, Jeff ******* <goodmanhoops@gmail.com> wrote:

Because he said he doesn't know Marshall all that well, so I felt it was more appropriate and more newsworthy about his view on Marshall's future rather than talking about someone's character when he told me he doesn't know Marshall exceptionally well.

Thanks -

Jeff

Below is me

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 12:01 PM wrote:

Curious why the title of the article is “He should be done,” without the nuance of what was said. “If everything is true” puts the title in context.
                  Or you could have lead with “That doesn’t sound like the Gregg Marshall that I’d been around”…
                  Just curious about the reasoning behind the title.
                  In my humble opinion, you underminer the story when you attempt to get views with an inflammatory headline.
                  Hopefully, you have the time to help me understand.

Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You sound like a good guy, except the whole Longhorn thing.
                    I'd say the same thing, but even as someone who's been to 20+ OU Texas games, I respect the heck out of UT and I adore their band. It's ridiculous what they are going through right now.

Comment

• You can watch KAKE's Chris Lilly's report via his Twitter account or you can find the video and transcript at https://www.kake.com/story/42799427/...se-allegations

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Don’t be a snowflake
                        We had a teacher that grabbed one of my friends by the hair, threw him against a wall and put his knee in my friends crotch. The entire class witnessed, nothing was ever said about it, but everyone knew not to break that teachers rule. Oh, why did the teacher do it you ask? Because my friend had an American flag patch sewed on the ass of his pants, which meant he sat on the flag. The teacher was a ww2 vet who wore scars in place of sideburns because they shaved his sideburns off in prison camp.
                        So don't tell me this would have been a deal 40 years ago.

Comment

We had a teacher that grabbed one of my friends by the hair, threw him against a wall and put his knee in my friends crotch. The entire class witnessed, nothing was ever said about it, but everyone knew not to break that teachers rule. Oh, why did the teacher do it you ask? Because my friend had an American flag patch sewed on the ass of his pants, which meant he sat on the flag. The teacher was a ww2 vet who wore scars in place of sideburns because they shaved his sideburns off in prison camp.
                          Sounds like your teacher needed help.

They used to stone suspected adulterers and drown witches too. Don't forget the pillorying of knaves.

How many players and assistants do you think Wooden hit?
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Duh. He was a WW2 tortured POW. Nazi Germany and The Empire of Japan didn’t stop with water boarding. They broke arms and legs, they put fingers in a mechanism with a screw that they would screw into a finger knuckle until the finger would break off, etc. Your empathetic statement was overwhelming.

Comment

They used to stone suspected adulterers and drown witches too. Don't forget the pillorying of knaves.

How many players and assistants do you think Wooden hit?
                              That teacher was one of the great influencers of thousands of young people. That one lesson taught us not to disrespect our nation's flag. Something not taught these days.
                              sometimes a hard delivery of a message is the best and longest lasting, where as running laps just kind of blends in with normal routine.

Comment

I grew up 50% raised by WWII Marine Scout, with the nickname Stud, from the hills of Kentucky. Things could get pretty freaking intense, but I wouldn’t trade him with anybody.

When my father asked me about the recent headlines... I said “imagine your dad’s ability to run a little hot, with $$$ sitting in the bank, and god status.... from the outside looking in he might come off as bad person, but many know better.”

So I understand your perception that this shouldn’t be that big of a deal, but the concern WSU leaders will have to evaluate will be how future students and players will view HCGM... Assuming part of the physical allegations are deemed credible - HCGM has made it really hard for leadership to give him a second chance due to his flat-out denial.

OTOH, if they don’t find merit in the physical allegations and determine no action should taken...and the big guns stay quiet or better yet publicly back the decision (Fred, Landry, Ron)... we will move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X