No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the "punch" was a slap, what if there is a difference of recollection between eye witnesses? Would that make a difference to anyone besides me?
    THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
      What if the "punch" was a slap, what if there is a difference of recollection between eye witnesses? Would that make a difference to anyone besides me?
      Not to me. I can't imagine HR would tolerate me only slapping my employees.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I think I condone all of the behavior by Gregg and Lynn, unless there is something bad I haven't heard about. I like the leader of my program to be a red ass.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Not to me. I can't imagine HR would tolerate me only slapping my employees.
          We haven't heard an entire side of the story (6 YEARS REMOVED) and basketball often requires untangling of bodies.

This is relatively minor compared to what's gone on in programs like Syracuse, who retain their coaches.

Comment

• Most of the stuff in *******'s reporting is gratuitous silly BS.. like the coffee beans or whatever that Echinique wasn't even offended by.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              People's willingness to suspend critical thinking because they are supporters of the program is so weird to me.
              Not agreeing with the premise that HC3GM punched Shaq doesn't mean you have "suspended critical thinking". In fact, blindly agreeing with the article IS suspending critical thinking. Though the article could be 100% correct. Time will tell.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I don't think this will hurt recruiting at all, it may help like a badge of honor to play for the most passionate meanest sob in the whole country.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• I've never heard of a coach body shaming their fat out of shape players. Absolutely Stunning!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yes. He is putting his name out there about his complaint against Coach M. But I don't hear Shaq saying anything or taking responsibility about his dirty flagrant foul against Zach Brown in practice. If you believe the reports, they say Coach M was immediately upset because he believed Shaq fouled Brown on purpose. Maybe Shaq was not himself and was upset that he had learned that his mother had cancer. They say that when people are very upset, that they sometime do things they normally would not do. But it is easy to sit in our chairs with our laptops and all the time in the world to think about how Coach M should have handled this issue, but real life doesn't work that way.

What should a coach do when he thinks one of his own players deliberately tried to hurt a team mate? I don't know the answer to this question because I was not there and I did not see it. Maybe its true that two wrongs don't make a right. But for now, I will await for the investigators to complete their investigation and maybe we will get both sides of this story.

I don't know what he should have done, but I'm going to say he shouldn't have punched him. There are no missing details where the end result of a punch would be okay. That's a really stupid argument. There's no other way to put it.

We should all want the full truth to come out, not just the truth that works for us. I hope there is a full and credible investigation done. I hope every player from those teams go on record and share the truth. There isn't going to be a video of it most likely, so we can't only be willing to believe it with that level of evidence.

I really don't want to believe this to be true, but it's really hard for me to believe there is a mass conspiracy against Gregg Marshall though. That's really the only option if these allegations are false. We haven't heard one player from the 2015-2017 years say this didn't happen. Just root for the truth guys, it's all that matters.

Comment

• Maybe people need to look at the physicality on Shaq as defending a vulnerable flying player from a 285 kid taking out the frustration of his mothers cancer diagnosis on his teammates without concern for their safety. Bottom line I'm good with it, push shove slap or punch.

You can call me Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Not agreeing with the premise that HC3GM punched Shaq doesn't mean you have "suspended critical thinking". In fact, blindly agreeing with the article IS suspending critical thinking. Though the article could be 100% correct. Time will tell.
                        I don't assume the article is 100% correct. We have regular posters verifying enough of it and a body of evidence over a decade to pick up the general thread.

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you believe that six players independently verifying the account is not enough, what would convince you?
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I think I'm starting to come down to "If I did it at my job, I would be gone." Why does GM get a pass? If this stuff is true, are we going to accept it? If GM was a .500 coach, would we accept it? Or are we just accepting it because he has a final 4? If that is the case, we lost the moral ground. Do we really need an asshole at the helm to be a winner, or are we better than that? I think we're better than that. I don't think GM is the only person in this country that can win at WSU.

But beyond that, what he did should not be acceptable behavior from anyone, much less the guy at the top. It's a pretty shitty example, and results in resentment among the organization.

Do the investigation, if it is all true, it should be no issue to fire him for cause and take our medicine. Show that we don't sell our souls for a winner. Be proud to be WSU and get back to basketball.

BTW, I am not one to cater to snowflakes, but I can't past the punch and the choke. You can cuss em out, call their girlfriends 'C's' do what you think they need to do to motivate them, but if you can't control your emotions to stop short of physical contact in anger, then you shouldn't be around impressionable kids.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• So a 50+-year-old white man sucker punches a black 6'8" 265 pound 20 year old twice

- somehow the old white man doesn't get his az5 beat

- for some reason, the 20 year old, who could transfer anywhere in the country, stays put another couple seasons

ok, assume that really happened. Sure that bothers me. The rest of it? - meh
                              Last edited by RajFaheen; October 10, 2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                                It seems to be the general assumption that the athletic department hasn’t done anything to address these issues with Coach Marshall, but what if that is not the case. 4 years have transpired since the known, alleged physical contact incidents. Suppose the university did have him go to some kind of counseling or therapy. In my opinion, it seems that since joining the American, Marshall has seemed less confrontational than in the past with players and officials. I have read this forum for years, and I know I have read many posts saying we don’t play angry like we used to and comments that Marshall doesn’t coach like he used to. I think he has changed his approach at least somewhat. So, what if the fans find out that he has received counseling? How does that affect things? As a business owner of 30 years, I can say for sure that if I was able to handle a similar situation privately that I sure wouldn’t go public. The injured parties did not go public so why would the university? There are privacy and contract considerations.

First post of a 40+ year season ticket holder.
                                Welcome aboard!

This is well thought out, what if the physical altercations were addressed internally? Can we go back and look to double down?

Comment

Working...
                                X