Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Lmao, delusional.

If we were in the Valley right now after this debacle, we’d truly be effed. Our pool of candidates would’ve ranged from your mom to Steve Eck.
    We wouldn’t be in this situation. Winning solves chemistry issues. Would have been to the tournament every year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

we also were in danger of not making the tournament if we lost only 1 game to a bad team. There were too many variables out of our control playing in such a weak conference. The AAC gives us much more cushion, better TV coverage, access to higher profile recruits, etc. Not even debatable.
      The data shows that isn’t the case

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

You mean about the time I posted I "had my fill" of Marshall?
        You got me;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

The data shows that isn’t the case
          Is Dominion compiling the data?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is Dominion compiling the data?
            How many NCAA’s in a row did WSU go to once Creighton (the only school with similar resources left the league)?

WSU wasn’t going to lose enough games against the MVC to get knocked out of the tournament. In fact, it worked out for us in years in which we struggled through the pre-conference. Nothing like piling up W’s while mid-level power conference teams beat each other up.

Comment

How many NCAA’s in a row did WSU go to once Creighton (the only school with similar resources left the league)?

WSU wasn’t going to lose enough games against the MVC to get knocked out of the tournament. In fact, it worked out for us in years in which we struggled through the pre-conference. Nothing like piling up W’s while mid-level power conference teams beat each other up.
              We were seeded 11th and 12th with Fred on the team his final year, and Landry on the team as a Fr.R. Not a good omen for the future. Landry’s final year as a SoR when in the AAC, we were a 4 Seed. Which is best?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We were seeded 11th and 12th with Fred on the team his final year, and Landry on the team as a Fr.R. Not a good omen for the future. Landry’s final year as a SoR when in the AAC, we were a 4 Seed. Which is best?
                We were losing a lot of non-con games those years.

Comment

We were losing a lot of non-con games those years.
                  Occasionally, and occasionally we didn’t win the MVC Tournament, and almost always the other MVC teams either didn’t win any non con games against highly ranked RPI teams or lost to other LOW RPI teams. We were always fighting for respect with at least one arm tied behind our back with no help from our conference cohorts.

What you expected from the Shox was PERFECTION.

Comment

• proshox needs some Prozac.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• All things considered - what is WSU’s relative standing within the American when it comes to:

1) Sustainable Resources
                      2) Recruiting Footprint
                      3) Legacy / Prominence
                      4) Fan support
                      5) Overall (you can include X factor not captured above)

I will track submitted answers and determine overall rankings

Note: This would not have been an interesting question within the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Occasionally, and occasionally we didn’t win the MVC Tournament, and almost always the other MVC teams either didn’t win any non con games against highly ranked RPI teams or lost to other LOW RPI teams. We were always fighting for respect with at least one arm tied behind our back with no help from our conference cohorts.

What you expected from the Shox was PERFECTION.
                        I just expected to be the favorite within the MVC to reach the NCAA... basically penciled in through out the year in Joe Lunardi’s bracket. Consistently being in the tournament is more important than conference affiliation.... and once you are in the dance... who cares about the seeding? The players dream about the trip.. not much else.

Comment

I just expected to be the favorite within the MVC to reach the NCAA... basically penciled in through out the year in Joe Lunardi’s bracket. Consistently being in the tournament is more important than conference affiliation.... and once you are in the dance... who cares about the seeding? The players dream about the trip.. not much else.
                          In this case we should have moved to the so con or lower because they don’t care about playing on TV and getting their brand out there, they only care about the NCAA. Lol
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

You don’t know what you are talking about. I never said he told them to hit them.
                            This is what you said:

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                            recall that a opposing player got beaned in the on deck circle by WSU pitcher under the instruction of said coaching staff.
                            You tried to do a Good-man and disparage the WSU HOF baseball coach by spreading lies. How many lies were in that sentence?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              In this case we should have moved to the so con or lower because they don’t care about playing on TV and getting their brand out there, they only care about the NCAA. Lol
                              To game the NCAA - You want to compete against good basketball programs that are one level down in terms
                              of recruiting and resources. Just as KU has done for years in the B12.

Comment

I may be out on a limb by myself but if your top goal is to be a #15 Seed in the NCAA, you are not showing a vision for WSU or Shocker basketball. I think that influential Shocker alumni don’t share your vision. You sound more like a Drake fan than Shocker fan imo. and our baseball team would suffer from a vision like yours too. Wedge wouldn’t be here sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X