No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power conference are considering requiring daily covid testing. P12 and Big 10 already require that. I assume that would flow down to like WSU if they want to play some power conference teams in non-conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      16% of Ncaa programs are in some type of covid protocol.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

16% of Ncaa programs are in some type of covid protocol.
        Hopefully, a certain eight of the remaining 84% of teams can make it another two days.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Hopefully, a certain eight of the remaining 84% of teams can make it another two days.
          Duke just lost their opener against Gardner-web. Because G-W tested positive

Comment

Duke just lost their opener against Gardner-web. Because G-W tested positive
            When I first read that I thought Duke had lost a basketball game to Gardner-Webb. Then I realized the post was reporting bad, not good, news.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Baylor has pulled out of the Empire classic at Mohegan sun. Not clear whether this was because covid infections or fear of infections?
              Their head coach tested positive

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Their head coach tested positive
                I bett u will start seeing more Baylor players test positive.

Comment

• I think we can safely put the absence of fans another way.

No fans will be allowed in Charles Koch Arena in the unlikely case that a home game might be played there prior to December 31. I don't think it's going to be any better after December 31.

We might get some games played prior to the end of the year, but the resistance to mitigation efforts had the predictable result of destroying the basketball season. A fall second wave was being predicted in April because people would be moving activities indoors, which increases the probability of spreading the virus.

Any discussion of what could have been done to save the basketball season would immediately deteriorate into a political argument rather than a discussion, so I'll leave it at - it was predicted, we didn't take it seriously enough to have a basketball season, and now we're seeing the consequences.

Predictions for healthy 18 - 22 year old people getting a vaccination is in the May-June range. We might have enough first responders and at-risk people vaccinated by baseball season to knock down the spread enough that a baseball season has a chance, but probably not starting in February.

If you want a baseball season, do anything you can to limit the spread of the virus.

Thank you.
                  Last edited by Aargh; November 24, 2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I think we can safely put the absence of fans another way.

No fans will be allowed in Charles Koch Arena in the unlikely case that a home game might be played there prior to December 31. I don't think it's going to be any better after December 31.

We didn’t take it seriously enough to have a basketball season, and now we're seeing the consequences.
                    Who didn’t take it serious enough? Wichita State fans? Sedgwick Countians? Americans, People of the World?

Comment

• Take it to the politics forum. Covid definitely plays a role in the discussion of our season, and is certainly okay to discuss. But opinions of the politics of how covid is/was managed doesn't belong in the basketball forum.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Seriously. Where are the mods? This conversation needs to be moved. We come to the basketball thread for basketball, we go to the politics section for politics. I've certainly had things moved for far less than this.
                        I have to agree. I'm not being left or right about this. If you want to talk about Democrats/Republicans, left/right, rallies/marches and so on, those are POLITICAL. If you have a different opinion, state it without such references. THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE.

Comment

• Comment

• Not a good year to lose 3 to 5 games at the beginning of the season. That's going to be tough to overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              I wonder how long those writers take combing through pictures to find the one they want for their article. I'm surprised the picture from this one hasn't become a meme or a 'caption this' discussion.
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Article from November 24, 2020. Talks about numerous things, including the investigation, coaching search, and covid:

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X