• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Bingo.

I know he’s a WSU fan and he wanted to play for Marshall, but if he was hell bent on WSU, he’d have waited a few days for the dust to settle.
      Actually, he waited until the final day of the early signing period. However, he could have waited until the Spring signing period but obviously he did not want to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Actually, he waited until the final day of the early signing period. However, he could have waited until the Spring signing period but obviously he did not want to do that.
        Ah, fair point.

I guess I didn’t realize it was the last day.

My bad.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Would you sign with a school that didn't have a full Head Coach under contract for the year you would be arriving?
          No, I would not. If he or his Dad really wanted to sign with WSU they could easily have contacted IB or LG and asked them if they are still interested and, if so, please send over a LOI. And we don't know what messages Sterling and his Dad had sent to WSU. They may conveyed in one way or another that he would not be signing with WSU if 3G was not going to be the head coach. 3G resigned on the 17th, Chapman signed his LOI on the 18th (the last day of the early signing period. In any case, as you point out, WSU did not have a permanent Head Coach under contract upon 3G's resignation.

Although if I was a very sought after player I would consider waiting until the spring signing period and see where the chips fall and what other opportunities might open up. Now whether or not I would have the patience and confidence to do that as a 17 or 18 year old kid maybe not.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Quotables: Isaac Brown Preseason

https://goshockers.com/news/2020/11/...preseason.aspx

So far I like everything I am hearing from Coach Brown. However, will have to see how his approach and leadership translates onto the court. I am really, really pulling for Coach Brown to do well.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No, I would not. If he or his Dad really wanted to sign with WSU they could easily have contacted IB or LG and asked them if they are still interested and, if so, please send over a LOI. And we don't know what messages Sterling and his Dad had sent to WSU. They may conveyed in one way or another that he would not be signing with WSU if 3G was not going to be the head coach. 3G resigned on the 17th, Chapman signed his LOI on the 18th (the last day of the early signing period. In any case, as you point out, WSU did not have a permanent Head Coach under contract upon 3G's resignation.

Although if I was a very sought after player I would consider waiting until the spring signing period and see where the chips fall and what other opportunities might open up. Now whether or not I would have the patience and confidence to do that as a 17 or 18 year old kid maybe not.
                True. If he wasn't happy with the HCGM situation and coach not being at WSU, he could wait to sign in the spring when a) the WSU coaching situation might be figured out and / or b) his recruitment picks up and he has more choices.

Comment

• Only one conference game will fall at home during the current "no fans" games and that is ECU.

Comment

• NM
                    Last edited by Wuzee; November 20, 2020, 04:05 PM. Reason: nm
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• The RoundHouse: Isaac Brown Takes Over at Wichita State (By Paul Suellentrop)

"He really cares all of us, one through 16," Shocker guard Tyson Etienne said. "He is always checking on us. Making sure we're feeling all right. How are we doing in our day-to-day lives? Making sure if we need anything. I'm grateful he's come into my life."

Comment

• I don't fault Sterling at all. Best of wishes! I _hope_ you regret it some day, because that will mean that HCIB panned out. But I don't fault ya, kid!
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Here's how Haslametrics sees it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            Here's how Haslametrics sees it.

77 seems pretty fair. I think I would take that. Not that I don't want much more than that, because I do. Just being realistic.

Comment

• Comment

• Baylor has pulled out of the Empire classic at Mohegan sun. Not clear whether this was because covid infections or fear of infections?

Comment

Working...
                                X