No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, back to being the underdogs where we belong!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• OF

Comment

• Bunch? No.
        Piece? No.
        Clog? No.
        Shoe? No.

CROC!!!! Yes!!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• With everything going on and then adding this to the equation, I’m not sure the chip on the shoulders could get any bigger.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm usually in full on delusional mode this time of year thinking we'll be 40-0, national champs, etc. but I get why they picked us 7th this year. We're still better off than we were during McDuffie's senior season and I think they're overestimating what we lost.

A crapload of new faces once again will make it tough, but Gilbert, Etienne, Dennis, Wade is a great foundation to go into the season with. Really surprising that none of them were on the pre-season conference teams. Just what the doctor ordered to get these guys full of piss and vinegar just in case they weren't already.

Comment

• Hopefully we have a big effective chip on our shoulders.

Definitely missing the non-stop NCAA Tournament world we used to live in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                I'm usually in full on delusional mode this time of year thinking we'll be 40-0, national champs, etc. but I get why they picked us 7th this year. We're still better off than we were during McDuffie's senior season and I think they're overestimating what we lost.

A crapload of new faces once again will make it tough, but Gilbert, Etienne, Dennis, Wade is a great foundation to go into the season with. Really surprising that none of them were on the pre-season conference teams. Just what the doctor ordered to get these guys full of piss and vinegar just in case they weren't already.
                That's the part that gives me hope. Our starting group is one of the best in the conference .. truly believe that. It really comes down to how much depth we have/need with that group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's the part that gives me hope. Our starting group is one of the best in the conference .. truly believe that. It really comes down to how much depth we have/need with that group.
                  Yep, that's the wildcard for sure and will determine if we end up 7th or towards the top of the pack. I bet the rotation will be a tad smaller this year.

Comment

• Also .. I'm interested to see if Vogt lives up to the hype this year. I wasn't real impressed with him last year. Seemed like most of his attempts were 1000% created by Cumberland drawing multiple defenders on the pick and roll. I never really saw him creating his shot that much. I don't see him as an all-conference player

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        Hopefully we have a big effective chip on our shoulders.

Definitely missing the non-stop NCAA Tournament world we used to live in.
                        Too bad we aren’t in the Valley anymore, amirite?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I believe they underestimated the value of the departure of ES. That should be a gain equal to a 4 star recruit coming in. Chemistry and the attitude is everything. Departure of ES will fix those issues.

Comment

• This will make a hell of a movie. Hit piece, exaggerated claims, huge chip, national championship. Just think of it, last scene shows locker room celebration with 3G and then cuts to ******* strung out in a dark alley with a crack pipe. Glorious!

Comment

• Our 3 new guards appear to be more than capable. Throw in Tyson and you have a pretty decent guard rotation, and that's what D1 basketball is all about.

I'm hoping that Udeze and Poor Bear make a decent leap to upper class status and are now self-motivated enough to clean the glass and need no extra motivation to do so, like Shaq did back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                I'm hoping that Udeze and Poor Bear make a decent leap to upper class status and are now self-motivated enough to clean the glass and need no extra motivation to do so, like Shaq did back in the day.

I'm hoping that too, it's going to be crucial for those guys to have made a big leap from last season. If Jobu can come in and be an impact immediately, that would really turn that 7th place prediction on it's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X