No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So he's going to get an extra year at WSU's expense for a scholarship, eh? Good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      So he's going to get an extra year at WSU's expense for a scholarship, eh? Good.
      WSU will offer it. He's not required to take it.

Comment

• Correct. He could choose to forego it and begin his (likely) overseas professional basketball career. Same with Trey Wade.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          Can someone please verify that.

I''m not doubting anyone at all, but as much as I follow Shocker hoops I think I would have heard that information before just 15 minutes ago. Why didn't Taylor say this season "and next?"
          It is true.

NCAA Division I athletes who participate in winter sports will be given another year of eligibility, and football teams will be allowed to compete in bowl games regardless of record in one-time rule changes passed Wednesday.

Comment

• Assuming that Gilbert and Trey Wade both decided to take another year and assuming everyone else returns (not likely, but if they did), then what happens to Chapman, our local recruit?

Of course, all this could be moot if we end up having to get another coach.

Comment

• Holy sheets- now that I am looking over it, it reads that ALL athletes are granted an additional year of eligibility. I was assuming SR only, but the NCAA is basically creating a mulligan season.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• My guess is that any senior that has the ability to play pro ball takes it. Not many seniors wanna stay another year unless they’re just seeing the court for the first time and want another year to be a bigger contributor and/or work on an advanced degree with a scholarship.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  Assuming that Gilbert and Trey Wade both decided to take another year and assuming everyone else returns (not likely, but if they did), then what happens to Chapman, our local recruit?

Of course, all this could be moot if we end up having to get another coach.
                  Nothing. There is an exception for seniors that would be returning that would allow their scholarships to go over the limit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nothing. There is an exception for seniors that would be returning that would allow their scholarships to go over the limit
                    That's good to know.

Comment

• Any idea when the schedule will be released?

Comment

• Anyone pick out their seats this week? Wondering if anything is left or if a lot of people are passing on this season?

Comment

• So, would AG be granted the right to do another graduate transfer if he desires?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                            So, would AG be granted the right to do another graduate transfer if he desires?
                            No. The extra year is only if you stay at your present school.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Anyone pick out their seats this week? Wondering if anything is left or if a lot of people are passing on this season?
                              Got a call from the ticket office as a reminder of my assignment to select seats on Tuesday the 27th. Heard from an acquaintance who went in Wednesday this week and the best options were row30/31. They’re elderly and opted to watch from the couch this year.

Comment

• Got my seats Thursday afternoon, center court row 31, four seats together. We got the softer folding seats like we had last year. You can go a few rows lower if you want the fixed non-folding seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X