2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Anabolic steroids mixed with this virus could very well cause myocarditis even without cocaine use. Isn’t that true? How often does cocaine have to be used with the steroids to cause myocarditis?
    Do what? You don't have to mix cocaine with anything for it to cause myocarditis. You don't have to mix anabolic steroids with anything for it to cause nasty heart disease.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I dont see how the NCAA can go two years without a tournament. Too much $$. $900 million per tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Do what? You don't have to mix cocaine with anything for it to cause myocarditis. You don't have to mix anabolic steroids with anything for it to cause nasty heart disease.
        Sorry. I shouldn’t have asked. It was a stupid question. You obviously know more about health issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm curious, did they mention anything about heart issues from the players that have tested positive? One of the things that swayed the Big 10 was the fact that 10 B10 players have developed myocarditis after testing positive for COVID and "recovering". Once they have that diagnosis, part of the medical treatment is no strenuous activity for 3-6 months or you are at an elevated risk of heart failure. I think I saw that part of the Big 12s plan is to do heart testing after a player has tested positive. I'm curious of how the logistics of that is going to work. Also, can the schools AFFORD to run those types of tests on multiple players. I'm assuming they wont be cheap. Will be interesting to see going forward.
          The article I saw said 10 players had myocarditis and myocarditis is linked to Covid. The implication was that they thought the players got Covid and then myocarditis, but I didn’t read that they actually had Covid.
          Last edited by wufan; August 13, 2020, 08:53 PM.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

It seems you have totally overlooked the fact that one individual can go from 10-14 days with the virus prior to them showing any signs of illness.

The entire team in that period of time could be be infected.

When you are gambling with other peoples' lives, it is an entirely different story when you are the one making these decisions.
            The kids get concussions. Surely they could sign a waiver. I had to sign a medical waiver to play collegiate sports 20 years ago.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• The bubble is stupid, IMO. I can't watch MLB in empty stadiums and the NBA bubble is just lame. I don't think I'd watch college basketball held in a bubble.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• What a bizarre time to be alive. 2020 the year of nothing going on.

Comment

• Maybe Trump can take on the role of Nero Caesar and give us great spectacles in the coliseum to entertain us while Portland burns.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• 1. The “students” would have to opt of of classes for the spring semester. I guess this would put an end to the debate of whether they are students or professionals.
                      2. I really don’t think many athletes are doing cocaine. This isn’t 1985. Kids are smarter now.
                      3. I know that guy Rossi Caron. I’d be shocked if he could pull that off. Big dreamer, not very experienced though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        1. The “students” would have to opt of of classes for the spring semester. I guess this would put an end to the debate of whether they are students or professionals.
                        2. I really don’t think many athletes are doing cocaine. This isn’t 1985. Kids are smarter now.
                        3. I know that guy Rossi Caron. I’d be shocked if he could pull that off. Big dreamer, not very experienced though.
                        so people don't do cocaine anymore? That's good to know. Whew!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          1. The “students” would have to opt of of classes for the spring semester. I guess this would put an end to the debate of whether they are students or professionals.
                          Every college is offering all of their classes online, so I’m not sure why they have to opt out of school. They could take all of their classes online remotely

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Absolutely NO reason for them to opt out of classes. As you mentioned, almost every class that the players would take is going to be taught online. They also have professional tutors working with the players. I am assuming those tutors would be in the bubble as well. The university has a ban on all faculty travel this year (as well as student groups). This doesn't appear to be true for athletes. If they traveled to this bubble, there is no reason why the proper support staff couldn't be with them as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

did I say that? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Comment

• NCAA president floating the idea of a bubble for the March Madness. But he is for limiting it to 32 teams - if that the case might as well cancel it the season IMO. This is just their way to move forward with the splitting of the P5 with the rest of the NCAA.

"Starting with 64 teams is tough," Emmert said of the regular NCAA Tournament format. "Thirty-two, OK, maybe that's a more manageable number."
                                https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...nt-manageable/

Comment

Working...
                                X