2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I know no one of substance that's "ignoring the problem".

Douchenozzle.
    I'm sorry you got in the wrong line when God handed out brains. Again, harasssing and name calling, but nothing of substance. As empty as the space between your ears.

Have you ever been arrested or institutionalized? Do you have an anger problem?

Sure seems like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

It seems you have totally overlooked the fact that one individual can go from 10-14 days with the virus prior to them showing any signs of illness.

The entire team in that period of time could be be infected.

When you are gambling with other peoples' lives, it is an entirely different story when you are the one making these decisions.
      K state has had athletes on campus for the past month beginning around the first of July. Some came with Covid 19 but they have shown zero cases recently. They test three times a week so your timeline is irrelevant.

Comment

• Just for context, there have been 10 athletes in all sports in the B1G to develop myocarditis, total in all sports. The B1G, not counting walk ons, has 1,190 football players. This isn't an argument for or against playing, but how many football players in the B1G suffer career ending and life altering injuries each year?
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I'm sorry you got in the wrong line when God handed out brains. Again, harasssing and name calling, but nothing of substance. As empty as the space between your ears.

Sure seems like it.
          Did you just complain about somebody calling you names and then hurl out about 4 insults in the very next sentences?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Even I laughed at that irony. Too good.

Comment

Sure seems like it.
              The term "douchenozzle" (way underutilized by the way) was inserted so eloquently and brilliantly I felt compelled to join the crowd. My apologies if it hit a little too close to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Just for context, there have been 10 athletes in all sports in the B1G to develop myocarditis, total in all sports. The B1G, not counting walk ons, has 1,190 football players. This isn't an argument for or against playing, but how many football players in the B1G suffer career ending and life altering injuries each year?
                Conservative guess? 45.

Good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Conservative guess? 45.

Good point.
                  Also, myocarditis is caused by most viruses, influenza is a common cause. It is rare, but you can develop myocarditis from herpes.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

The term "douchenozzle" (way underutilized by the way) was inserted so eloquently and brilliantly I felt compelled to join the crowd. My apologies if it hit a little too close to home.
                    Apology accepted, just seems like when you engage with me you seem to be a little angry. Perhaps it's just your communication style and I need to understand that.

Funny thing is, when you factor politics out of the equation, we seem to agree on a number of topics. Just goes to show that if people try to filter the politics out of our conversations and focus on what we DO agree on, we normally discover that we have a lot more in common.

Comment

• The Athletic has a deep dive in the FC Dallas Saga. One of the most amazing aspects to me... how long it took for each player to test positive... it appears two weeks wasn’t uncommon based on the level of quarantine in place...

Comment

Funny thing is, when you factor politics out of the equation, we seem to agree on a number of topics. Just goes to show that if people try to filter the politics out of our conversations and focus on what we DO agree on, we normally discover that we have a lot more in common.
                        Normally I would agree with keeping politics separate from the sports forums. As we all know, nothing is normal about this year.
                        I don't know how we can talk sports this year, and 2020-21 schedule in particular, without politics filtering into those discussions.

Comment

• Garry Parrish solution to getting a basketball season and NCAA tournament.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...anceled-again/

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Garry Parrish solution to getting a basketball season and NCAA tournament.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...anceled-again/
                            I like the premise, but I don't see how it can work without radically changing the qualifications for the NCAA tournament (the primary goal of his plan), as there is no interconnectivity between the conferences. The 2nd place team in the SWAC would have to be considered equally with the 2nd place team every other conference. Even advanced metrics couldn't overcome the lack of non-conference games.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I like the premise, but I don't see how it can work without radically changing the qualifications for the NCAA tournament (the primary goal of his plan), as there is no interconnectivity between the conferences. The 2nd place team in the SWAC would have to be considered equally with the 2nd place team every other conference. Even advanced metrics couldn't overcome the lack of non-conference games.
                              Since the idea is getting something is better than nothing, there should be a limitation on how many teams from a single conference can participate so you don't end up with a P6, P5, or P4 tourney with 10-11 teams from a small handful of conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I've tried to think that through before and the only thing I could come up with is this. Look at the last 5-10 years (dunno the exact number) and average the number of bids that would be received from each conference. So AAC would likely end up with like 3 bids. Set that up at the beginning of the year and those are the targets for the year. One positive side effect of this is that mid-tier games in some leagues would start to become really interesting during the end of the year because they would actually be battling for the spots. Then if the conferences held a conference tourney and the winner wasn't one of the 'qualifying" teams, they would bump the lowest ranked team out from that conference. It's not perfect, but let's face it .. neither is any other year.

Comment

Working...
                                X