No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With COVID-19 affecting programs around the country, the Wichita State Shockers are no exception despite net having football.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• The expense of bubbling teams would be too great for most conferences. So only the bigger conferences could do it. I'd be shocked if AAC could foot the bill.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        The expense of bubbling teams would be too great for most conferences. So only the bigger conferences could do it. I'd be shocked if AAC could foot the bill.
        Could depend. Gotta figure ESPN/CBS will be hurting for content and might be willing to help shoulder some of the cost if the other option is no sports.

Comment

• True

though they could just have the ACC bubble brought to you by Budweiser and ESPN. Who underwrites AAC? BeIn sports and Chico's bail bonds?

Comment

• The NCAA could also equally distribute the tournament proceeds to every conference (instead of basing it off of member schools' games played in the tournament) to help cover the costs of bubbling.

This will be such an atypical season, might as well shake up the whole model in an attempt to make it work.

Comment

True

though they could just have the ACC bubble brought to you by Budweiser and ESPN. Who underwrites AAC? BeIn sports and Chico's bail bonds?
              I think Chico's has established itself as more of a baseball brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Could depend. Gotta figure ESPN/CBS will be hurting for content and might be willing to help shoulder some of the cost if the other option is no sports.
                All forms of media were bleeding money long before Covid showed up. There's simply no money to do what it would take to make it 100% safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

All forms of media were bleeding money long before Covid showed up. There's simply no money to do what it would take to make it 100% safe.
                  It will never be 100% safe. It can be workable though. And they may be hurting for money .. but they will be hurting for money even more if they don't have any content to show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Nobody is 100% safe from a virus.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I think Chico's has established itself as more of a baseball brand.
                      chico.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm curious, did they mention anything about heart issues from the players that have tested positive? One of the things that swayed the Big 10 was the fact that 10 B10 players have developed myocarditis after testing positive for COVID and "recovering". Once they have that diagnosis, part of the medical treatment is no strenuous activity for 3-6 months or you are at an elevated risk of heart failure. I think I saw that part of the Big 12s plan is to do heart testing after a player has tested positive. I'm curious of how the logistics of that is going to work. Also, can the schools AFFORD to run those types of tests on multiple players. I'm assuming they wont be cheap. Will be interesting to see going forward.
                        I'd like them to test all Big-10 football players WITHOUT antibodies for myocarditis and other heart injuries. I think they'd be shocked at the percentage of football players taking anabolic steroids (which causes heart issues) and using cocaine (which can cause myocarditis).
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'd like them to test all Big-10 football players WITHOUT antibodies for myocarditis and other heart injuries. I think they'd be shocked at the percentage of football players taking anabolic steroids (which causes heart issues) and using cocaine (which can cause myocarditis).
                          Cocaine and steroids are expensive, how could a college kid without a job...never mind.

Comment

Cocaine and steroids are expensive, how could a college kid without a job...never mind.
                            :)

It's a really nasty problem that nobody really wants to acknowledge or discuss.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Not trying to take sides, but douchenozzle IS underutilized. I would encourage everyone to use douchenozzle 10 times in a sentence before the day is over.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Anabolic steroids mixed with this virus could very well cause myocarditis even without cocaine use. Isn’t that true? How often does cocaine have to be used with the steroids to cause myocarditis?

Comment

Working...
                                X