X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    So, is ESPN+ available on Cox? App you have to download to computer at a monthly cost?
    Are 2021 games going to be ESPN+ also ?
    ESPN+ will be a big thing going forward for the AAC. It has nothing to do with COX. 5 bucks a month and you just stream it on whatever streaming device you likely already have (apple tv, fire stick, chromecast, shield, smart tv etc)

Leave a comment:

• Shockersarelife
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Obviously the rules vary from team to team and perhaps for locale to locale depending on where the teams are from or where the game is being played. In the Shocks' situation my understanindintg is the the rules applied were established by the organizer of the tournament and not the teams themselves.

Furthermore, I can see situations where one team wirh some kind of Covid-19 exposure thinks it is okay to play but its opponent doesn't think it is okay to play and declines to play.

In any case, my expectations are that the cancellations will continue to be a regular feature of this season.for many, if not all, programs around the country. Hopefully, we are back to normal by next fall.
    The rules for the tournament are clear what is not clear is the policy for games going forward why should we need to not play any games for 2 weeks and Gonzaga can play immediately?????????

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    Say an old article on the The Sunflower site talking about unusual reports from the WSU police log, so I figured the log must be online somewhere, and sure enough, it's at police.wichita.edu. You can actually use the "In This Section" part on the page to look at logs going back to 2003. Anyway, I just looked through the last couple months to see if there was anything interesting (you can search on Koch Arena for example) and thought maybe some on the board could relate to this one :)

Date - 10/19/2020
    Time - 2:30 pm
    Location - Koch Arena
    Offense - Assault
    Description - Male upset over basketball seat changes threw a cane towards an employee

That's definitely has to be a member of this board

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    So, is ESPN+ available on Cox? App you have to download to computer at a monthly cost?
    Are 2021 games going to be ESPN+ also ?

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied

Date - 10/19/2020
    Location - Koch Arena
    Offense - Assault
    Description - Male upset over basketball seat changes threw a cane towards an employee
    Dennis?

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Say an old article on the The Sunflower site talking about unusual reports from the WSU police log, so I figured the log must be online somewhere, and sure enough, it's at police.wichita.edu. You can actually use the "In This Section" part on the page to look at logs going back to 2003. Anyway, I just looked through the last couple months to see if there was anything interesting (you can search on Koch Arena for example) and thought maybe some on the board could relate to this one :)

Date - 10/19/2020
    Location - Koch Arena
    Offense - Assault

I know it shouldn’t be funny, but that’s hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• Ted Lasso's Neighbor
    replied

Date - 10/19/2020
    Location - Koch Arena
    Offense - Assault

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

He didn't say what specifically was a surprise to him. Maybe what surprised him is that these incidents came back to haunt the program 5 years after the fact when he thought they had dodge that bullet.

Still wonder though if the investigation found additional incidents/issues/concerns that have not been made public. We don't have the needed transparency to know that at this point and perhpas we never will.
    Early on in he interview Baker made a comment that he had seen Marshall cross the line before. Now Gottlieb did not follow-up, but that made me wonder if there was more situations than that have talked about or was a bad choice of words by baker, or Baker has different standard crossing the line.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm lost with how the rules vary from team to team.
    Obviously the rules vary from team to team and perhaps for locale to locale depending on where the teams are from or where the game is being played. In the Shocks' situation my understanindintg is the the rules applied were established by the organizer of the tournament and not the teams themselves.

Furthermore, I can see situations where one team wirh some kind of Covid-19 exposure thinks it is okay to play but its opponent doesn't think it is okay to play and declines to play.

In any case, my expectations are that the cancellations will continue to be a regular feature of this season.for many, if not all, programs around the country. Hopefully, we are back to normal by next fall.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If it truly was a surprise to him... He's either lieing or horrible at his job... Maybe both.
    He didn't say what specifically was a surprise to him. Maybe what surprised him is that these incidents came back to haunt the program 5 years after the fact when he thought they had dodge that bullet.

Still wonder though if the investigation found additional incidents/issues/concerns that have not been made public. We don't have the needed transparency to know that at this point and perhpas we never will.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    So we have a member of our travel party test positive and we can’t play for 2 weeks. Other teams can just sit out the player(s) that test positive. Am I understanding this correctly?
    This is how they get around it. It's all in the wording.

Last edited by wichshock65; November 27, 2020, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    So we have a member of our travel party test positive and we can’t play for 2 weeks. Other teams can just sit out the player(s) that test positive. Am I understanding this correctly?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Win at all costs?

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    I don't get it

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

I'm lost with how the rules vary from team to team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X