X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    Taylor says we are playing on Wednesday. Only eight scholarship players, though, due to positive tests or quarantine. Don’t foul!
    The Shocker women's team played with 8 players in their opener against Texas A&M - Corpus Christi (who had 14 players in attendance). The pretty much played zone the whole way probably to avoid foul trouble. They had no trouble winning that game but they lost one of their starters to a sprained ankle in the 4th quarter. I think they had a couple of players injured, three due to postive tests or quarantine and one foreign recruit that they weren't able to get here for the 1st semester. Apparently, they have had players in and out of practices throughout the preseason.

We'll see how many players the Lady Shocks will have available Monday but they should be able to handle Alcorn State.

The Lady Shocks were fortunate in that the 8 players they had available were probably their 8 best players or close to it. The question is which 8 guys will be available for ORU.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    Taylor says we are playing on Wednesday. Only eight scholarship players, though, due to positive tests or quarantine. Don’t foul!
    In the year of our lord 2020, eight outnumber Shockers, charged the court at Charles Koch Arena. They fought like champions and opened up a can of whoop-a$$ on Oral Roberts.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker Mama
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Is Wednesday’s game still on?

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Taking the silent approach is probably best. There’s too many opinions out there about how to handle this, no win situation.

Leave a comment:

• kcshocker
    replied
    So, have we been able to practice this week? What is the prospect of playing a game anytime soon?

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    So who has the inside scoop on the team? Whole team quarantined? If not, how many? Are the rest still hooping and working out? Been dead silent. Need something, anything!

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm lost with how the rules vary from team to team.
    Florida has a pretty lax attitude toward mitigation. Same goes for SDak. Once the organizers comply with state guidelines, I imagine it's up to the organizers making whatever rules they want and the schools agreeing to whatever protocol they're playing under.

Then, when the players get back to where they came from, the rules THERE kick in, and those are going to have a lot of variation.
    Last edited by Aargh; November 27, 2020, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    So, is ESPN+ available on Cox? App you have to download to computer at a monthly cost?
    Are 2021 games going to be ESPN+ also ?
    The ESPN+, Hulu, Disney bundle is a decent deal

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    Say an old article on the The Sunflower site talking about unusual reports from the WSU police log, so I figured the log must be online somewhere, and sure enough, it's at police.wichita.edu. You can actually use the "In This Section" part on the page to look at logs going back to 2003. Anyway, I just looked through the last couple months to see if there was anything interesting (you can search on Koch Arena for example) and thought maybe some on the board could relate to this one :)

Date - 10/19/2020
    Time - 2:30 pm
    Location - Koch Arena
    Offense - Assault
    Description - Male upset over basketball seat changes threw a cane towards an employee

Pin?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

This is how they get around it. It's all in the wording.

I am sure Doucheman will do a 6 month investigation and get to the bottom of it.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Bottom line, it was Gonzaga vs. KU in prime Thanksgiving viewing. That game was NEVER going to be cancelled. Despicable that there are two sets of standards when it comes to this crap.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post

The rules for the tournament are clear what is not clear is the policy for games going forward why should we need to not play any games for 2 weeks and Gonzaga can play immediately?????????
    I think the why is obvious. The rules vary all over the place. Is that the way it should be? That is arguable but with Covid-19 you will have rules in place that vary from locale to locale and your have a varying degree of risk aversion from one instittution to the other. I don't think it's going to change. Let's face it this season is already locked in as a clusterfart, especially for the Shockers, hopefully we are about bottomed out but I guess it could get worse.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    So, is ESPN+ available on Cox? App you have to download to computer at a monthly cost?
    Are 2021 games going to be ESPN+ also ?
    No ESPN+ is not available on Cox. It is extra fee and is streamed from your favorite streaming device (e.g. phone, webpage, apple TV, etc). I believe you can either subscribe to it ala cart or through the Disney+ bundle (Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+).

ORU and OSU game is on ESPN+. Missouri is ESPN2

All other games have no TV status, but I think will be on ESPN+ if not picked up by other channels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X