No announcement yet.

2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With no games until Saturday and getting some of the Covid guys back, we need to schedule a fill in game this week with anyone who is willing to come on down. I don't care who it is. Boatright or whoever need to get someone in here to make up for the lost tourney games and to get the kids some game exposure.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      With no games until Saturday and getting some of the Covid guys back, we need to schedule a fill in game this week with anyone who is willing to come on down. I don't care who it is. Boatright or whoever need to get someone in here to make up for the lost tourney games and to get the kids some game exposure.
      After being shorthanded the last two weeks I think a week of practice together along with scouting/prep for OSU will be more beneficial than a game. Might make more sense to try and schedule one between the 12/15 and 12/22 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

After being shorthanded the last two weeks I think a week of practice together along with scouting/prep for OSU will be more beneficial than a game. Might make more sense to try and schedule one between the 12/15 and 12/22 games.
        I think a game against Newman, Washburm, ESU, or FHSU would be a helpful "scrimmage" type game but I get what you're saying.

Comment

• Isn't this finals week?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Isn't this finals week?
            If that’s the case, I take it back. Hit the books fellas.

Comment

I think a game against Newman, Washburm, ESU, or FHSU would be a helpful "scrimmage" type game but I get what you're saying.
              That’s what Bruce Weber said.

78-65

Comment

Problem is they don't have the same type COVID protocols. We are seeing how difficult it is just to play with D1 teams. Risk is you scrimmage them, they have somebody not showing symptoms and pass covid, or they have somebody that comes up positive after the game and the county requires quarantining and here we go - another 2 weeks short handed.

I suppose WSU could work out something where they test the other team before playing, but still see to much risk without reward.

Comment

• On the WSU ESPN page the schedule shows a game against Emporia State on 12/18 at 6pm. Has that been announced?
                  Probably not correct, ESU has home games scheduled for the 17th and 19th.
                  Last edited by shocktown; December 11, 2020, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Emporia State has a win over Ft. Hays State, 68-66. At least we'd have a better opponent than K-State had.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Florida's Keyontae Johnson collapsed during a timeout in the Florida/FSU game. He had to be stretchered off the court and is said to be in the hospital in critical but stable condition.

First of all... All the best to him and hope he will have a full quick recovery.

The reason I put this in this thread is that Keyontae had COVID earlier in the fall. With one of the major concerns of COVID being myocarditis, this incident and covid is already being linked in reports. This one incident has the possibility to change how the rest of the season is handled depending on what comes from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Florida's Keyontae Johnson collapsed during a timeout in the Florida/FSU game. He had to be stretchered off the court and is said to be in the hospital in critical but stable condition.

First of all... All the best to him and hope he will have a full quick recovery.

The reason I put this in this thread is that Keyontae had COVID earlier in the fall. With one of the major concerns of COVID being myocarditis, this incident and covid is already being linked in reports. This one incident has the possibility to change how the rest of the season is handled depending on what comes from it.
                        Very scary and hope that he is ok.

It is very rare for something like this to happen. Also, it remains to be seen if this was related to COVID. However, I would think this would be example #1 why NCAA, conferences, and teams have been what some would deem overly cautious in regards to return to play as it relates to COVID.

Comment

• Did I miss when Emporia State @ WSU was announced?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Did I miss when Emporia State @ WSU was announced?
                            Hasn’t been officially announced yet but likely soon according to Kennedy.

Comment

Did I miss when Emporia State @ WSU was announced?
                              edit: nvm
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Eastern Kentucky beat D3 Transylvania College (Lexington, KY) today 81-60. But Transylvania wins the school logo competition but why they are the Pioneers and not the Vampires I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X