X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Is there a schedule somewhere? 27 games ? Don't see how we win north of 20.
    A 20 win season, this season, with our schedule, would be a spectacular, if not historic success.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Got mine 3 days ago, was first offered Row 25 and about had a stroke (which is literally what I'd have if I was forced to climb the stairs to 25 every game) lol. I divided up my tickets and got 2 relatively close to where my tickets have been since the remodel. The others are all in the upper bowl.

I'm fortunate and thrilled to have 2 really good seats. I know I will be sharing my others with those here from time to time throughout the season. #PayitForward

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Is there a schedule somewhere? 27 games ? Don't see how we win north of 20.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Heard from a basketball ticket holder he got to pick his seats today. This is a week before I am slated to pick. He got to choose tickets sixth row from the top and on a corner. Needless to say it looks like my viewing will be on the ol' TV this year. This was great news to my wife due to her concerns about the 'rona' Go Shox. So when does Shocker Baseball start up ?
    Whelp... Considering I don't get to go until November.... Better look at the tv schedule lol

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm in boat #1, except neither he nor myself inherited any points. That the rub. We get to keep our seats and our parking as long as we continue the same level of SASO. He's probably been building his points back longer than us. I'm Charter Guardian and I don't get to choose for a couple of weeks away. As I've stated here before, I do not like how they treat family businesses (they keep their points through the generations) versus families (who do not). We are seriously considering taking our money to benefit other sports if we will know it will go only to the support of those sports. My way of protest if you will.
    There are inequities in most systems that depend on support for fans. A friend of mine had to buy k-who football tickets so he could still buy his basketball tickets. Thank you for your support of our Student Athletes by being a member of the Charter Guardian for all these years. It will be hard on lots of people in business as well as the University with all of the shortfalls due to the pandemic but supporting SASO at the level I do I try to help keep our Student Athletes on campus doing the things they love to do. Again, thanks to you and every other Shocker fan that continued their support this year.

Leave a comment:

• Rixtoy1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

You were in the Peace Corps?

Now, THAT's a Shocker.
    I guess the Marine Corps IS a peace corps at the end of the day, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Rixtoy1
    replied

My wife says fine..if I can button my Dress Blue uniform from the Corps. So I guess that's not happening.
    You were in the Peace Corps?

Now, THAT's a Shocker.

Leave a comment:

• Rixtoy1
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm in boat #1, except neither he nor myself inherited any points. That the rub. We get to keep our seats and our parking as long as we continue the same level of SASO. He's probably been building his points back longer than us. I'm Charter Guardian and I don't get to choose for a couple of weeks away. As I've stated here before, I do not like how they treat family businesses (they keep their points through the generations) versus families (who do not). We are seriously considering taking our money to benefit other sports if we will know it will go only to the support of those sports. My way of protest if you will.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I am sure that continuation policy is the subject of many conversations internally within the athletic department/university. It would seem in an average program it is an easy way to continue the revenue stream from that family or business. But, in recent years there has been no shortage of people willing to drop 6 figures plus to buy season tickets and get lower bowl seats. I get that, - "If they wanna buy their way onto the band wagon, we'll take their money". Don't know how those fans will fit into this picture.

As someone whose contributions to SASO for the last 10 years, by "policy" should have had seats at least down to Row 18, we have been in row 24 for 8 of those years due to a "shortage" of seats in that lower area (I was told by someone in the ticket office when I increased our donation to move up two levels "Well, if you think this will help your chances to move down, it would take probably $100,000 to get into the lower bowl". I get that, it's all about the money. but, I have to laugh about someone I know who has had 6 seats on Row 8 at half-court for years and got whatever the new limit is in row 18 somewhere. They are livid because it has nothing to do with the view from those seats - it is all about the "look" of them not being lower. I find it hilarious.

As I face the challenges I will at work today, it will be nothing like the ticket office must be facing from irate ticket holders on this situation. Would not want to be them.

I feel worse for my friends in their 80's who have built their points position on their own over 50 years of contributions and may get shut out.

Final thought: independent of the coaching situation and strength or weakness of the team, I think many people will find it ain't so bad watching from home for a lot of reasons. That could be a marketing/sales challenge to try and get everyone back when this all over - jus' sayin.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied

Hey, Pogo-
    Had dinner with some ticket holders tonight-
    #1 inherited his Dad's many, many years points and was sitting 4 rows behind Lynn Marshall last year - he got Row 24, section 111.
    #2 has had his own tickets for 54 years and picks tomorrow. They were in Row 12 , Section 108 for a long time. He thinks if they get in it will be near the top.

Looks like your guess is likely to happen . . .

We can trade watch parties at our houses. But, the wives have to wear the cheerleader outfits we bought them (Finally!)
    My wife says fine..if I can button my Dress Blue uniform from the Corps. So I guess that's not happening.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied

Hey, Pogo-
    #1 inherited his Dad's many, many years points and was sitting 4 rows behind Lynn Marshall last year - he got Row 24, section 111.
    #2 has had his own tickets for 54 years and picks tomorrow. They were in Row 12 , Section 108 for a long time. He thinks if they get in it will be near the top.

We can trade watch parties at our houses. But, the wives have to wear the cheerleader outfits we bought them (Finally!)

Leave a comment:

• Rixtoy1
    replied
    Heard frpm a basketball ticket holder he got to pick his seats today. This is a week before I am slated to pick. He got to choose tickets sixth row from the top and on a corner. Needless to say it looks like my viewing will be on the ol' TV this year. This was great news to my wife due to her concerns about the 'rona' Go Shox. So when does Shocker Baseball start up ?
    Hey, Pogo-

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Heard from a basketball ticket holder he got to pick his seats today. This is a week before I am slated to pick. He got to choose tickets sixth row from the top and on a corner. Needless to say it looks like my viewing will be on the ol' TV this year. This was great news to my wife due to her concerns about the 'rona' Go Shox. So when does Shocker Baseball start up ?
    Last edited by pogo; October 16, 2020, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Plenty of space...

Spaces are both opening and getting filled thanks to COVID....

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Just give the mortuary a call. I'm sure there are still passes available.
    Plenty of space...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X