No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a less positive note, Bob Gray recently passed.

One of my first memories of WSU basketball. Man could he play.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      On a less positive note, Bob Gray recently passed.

I figured you were there when the Olympic Oak was planted.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I figured you were there when the Olympic Oak was planted.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Nm

Comment

On a less positive note, Bob Gray recently passed.

Knew his sister Pam... so sad
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Going to put this in here. Free year of NBA league pass if you want it to watch some FVV/CPJ/Shamet games. You can go in immediately and set it to cancel in February 2025 so you wont get charged.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Couldn't find the video of the game above, but did come across this game from the 50's. The game hasn't changed as much as I was expecting. Cleo Littleton had a nice game. He was more of a jump shooter than a slasher. It appears the Shockers win on a last second basket. The video is pretty choppy towards the end.

​​​​​​​If you're short on time, jump to the 31:10 mark, Cleo makes a couple of nice defensive plays and scores 5 straight to put the Shockers up 5 heading into the 4th.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                      https://youtu.be/3qj8eGLduwg?si=ugw7qeadPKZuYrJm

Couldn't find the video of the game above, but did come across this game from the 50's. The game hasn't changed as much as I was expecting. Cleo Littleton had a nice game. He was more of a jump shooter than a slasher. It appears the Shockers win on a last second basket. The video is pretty choppy towards the end.

If you're short on time, jump to the 31:10 mark, Cleo makes a couple of nice defensive plays and scores 5 straight to put the Shockers up 5 heading into the 4th.
                      I saw a lot of crisp 2 handed passes! ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Happened upon a game account of Rutgers/ Minnesota … was not aware that Noah Fernandes was spending his graduate year with The Scarlet Knights…. Alwsys liked him!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          Happened upon a game account of Rutgers/ Minnesota … was not aware that Noah Fernandes was spending his graduate year with The Scarlet Knights…. Alwsys liked him!!!
                          Right there with you. He's had some good games with Rutgers, but he's a really solid teammate. Makes others better.

Comment

• I've said it many times before, but I was always a fan of Noah. Glad to see he's found success.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'll just put this here; referenced in another thread...

Fairmount College to induct three into Hall of Fame (wichita.edu)

"A coach’s son, his passion for sports began on his family’s farm near Ulysses, Kansas, where he spent long hours on the tractor. He used his vivid imagination to create and narrate play-by-play for games. Bender attended the University of Wichita on a football scholarship, and played fullback and defensive back positions until a shoulder injury took him off the field. Apart from sports, he acted in or worked as a crew member for several campus plays. He was also a member of Phi Delta Theta fraternity, where he participated in Hippodrome and served as treasurer. He eventually worked for KMUW, the university’s radio station, and covered Shocker football games."

Bender won three Emmys for his work in sportscasting. His book “Call of the Game,” shares broadcasting tips he learned firsthand. In 2008, Bender was inducted into the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame, and in 2012, the Kansas Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame. He received the President's Medal from Wichita State University in 2013.

Gary Bender (wichita.edu)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X