Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I "Liked" your post but have a question. In what way does the program not claim him at all? In what ways would you consider as the program "claiming" a past player?

Some fans maybe wouldn't cheer for him, but I follow all former Shockers, even TP (maybe not for the "right" reasons however).
    I just based it on the Athletic Department not mentioning the other two-way players who were on opening day rosters
    Left off Dexter, which seems petty as he spent 4 years in Wichita and got a degree. Now, guys like Ricky / Austin don't really bother me, but Ricky did spend 66% of his career in Wichita and committed to play for Marshall. Honestly its splitting hairs, but I'd rather have more guys on that graphic than less.

Comment

• I have no problem with them only using those that finished their college playing days in Wichita. It truly does make the most sense for them.

As fans, we can follow the others. Ricky left because he was poorly used and had a better opportunity at the NBA elsewhere. Dex got to play a little closer to home for a year. Being that Dex got his degree here, I could see him getting an exception and being added.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• You can always put the years they played ay WSU under their names and leave it at that. Add Austin, Ricky and Dex. Helps more than it hurts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          You can always put the years they played ay WSU under their names and leave it at that. Add Austin, Ricky and Dex. Helps more than it hurts.
          Must admit I wasn’t thrilled with any of them leaving. Austin was my favorite player. Ricky was my favorite player. Dex was one of my favorite players. The bitterness wore off as I realized it was probably best for each of them. Austin might have got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. Ricky wasn’t good enough to start (wink). Dex needed a change of scenery and could see the train wreck coming.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Must admit I wasn’t thrilled with any of them leaving. Austin was my favorite player. Ricky was my favorite player. Dex was one of my favorite players. The bitterness wore off as I realized it was probably best for each of them. Austin might have got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. Ricky wasn’t good enough to start (wink). Dex needed a change of scenery and could see the train wreck coming.
            Also Dex really doesn’t count since he spent 4 years here.

Comment

• I think it would be kinda weird to include guys that have transferred. Do any of the three in the NBA claim WSU when they're announced, tv graphics, etc? If no, they shouldn't be included.

Personally, I consider Dexter a shocker. He graduated from the university. 4 year grad transfers sting less. However, he interacts with everything that TA&M posts and doesn't seem to care about anything WSU. Rickey frequently talked about how much he loved Wichita, still interacts with social media stuff, and has been to a WSU game. Austin has had nothing to do with WSU since he left.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post

I just based it on the Athletic Department not mentioning the other two-way players who were on opening day rosters
                  Left off Dexter, which seems petty as he spent 4 years in Wichita and got a degree. Now, guys like Ricky / Austin don't really bother me, but Ricky did spend 66% of his career in Wichita and committed to play for Marshall. Honestly its splitting hairs, but I'd rather have more guys on that graphic than less.
                  If I look a guy up on ESPN or NBA.com and it doesn't list their college as Wichita State, I have no problem not including them in this. However, I do keep track of those guys in the NBA, I just don't put them on the same level (as Shockers) as FVV, Landry and CPJ.

Comment

• He was half a world away when Forbes got shocking news from his daughter: "Mom's had a stroke." Now he is coaching her through the fight of their lives.

I know this article was posted on that website that shut down shortly after.

But this is a reposting of it, the story of Steve Forbes and his family enduring the challenges of his wife having a stroke this summer.
                    78-65

Comment

• Thanks for reposting this, everyone should take a couple of minutes to read this. This is a life lesson that could happen to any of us. There is a lot more to life than just basketball. Hope for the best for the Forbes family.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dam*, that was a good, bad game. Early was GREAT! 39 minutes, 12-17 FG, 4-6 3pt, 3-3 FT, 31 points, 7 rebounds, 0 TO, 1 block, 1 steal.

Comment

• Even in heartbreak , Sports illustrated named it the number one event of the year … high praise

Comment

It will always be too soon!

Comment

It was a great game to watch. Fred struggled against their size going 0 for 4 from 3, including the potential game winner. Baker and Early were tremendous. Great times for WSU basketball.
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X