X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter with the vision

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      from what I've seen, that Cavs G-League team has a lot of talented guards.

Meanwhil, on the other end of the court, Grady Dick is 5/13 and Marquis Nowell is 2/11.
      You can’t tell our local sportscasters on Channel 12, 10, or 3 that Grady Dick, and Nowell aren’t any better than CP Jr. They think that CP isn’t nearly as good as the NE Ks kids. They will have none of it. The only nuance to Craig Porter, that they fail to recognize through their NE KS bias, is that he not only has points, and assists on his stat sheet. He also has Rebounds and Block Shots on his.

Comment

• Whatever happened to Jace Robertson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You can’t tell our local sportscasters on Channel 12, 10, or 3 that Grady Dick, and Nowell aren’t any better than CP Jr. They think that CP isn’t nearly as good as the NE Ks kids. They will have none of it. The only nuance to Craig Porter, that they fail to recognize through their NE KS bias, is that he not only has points, and assists on his stat sheet. He also has Rebounds and Block Shots on his.
          I think Craig Porter could be a decent NBA player in the future, but Dick was a lottery pick and evaluated highly for a reason. I think you’re looking for something that isn’t there, not to mention that Dick is from Wichita. I can’t speak to Nowell.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I think Craig Porter could be a decent NBA player in the future, but Dick was a lottery pick and evaluated highly for a reason. I think you’re looking for something that isn’t there, not to mention that Dick is from Wichita. I can’t speak to Nowell.
              I mentioned Nowell too. You didn’t mention the extra love that the Wichita sportscasters have been giving to Nowell. Was he a Top 10 pick too? He also was an UFA as was Craig Porter. But, that doesn’t stop CP from being mentioned last, and least with no interviews. Sounds like a Big 12, KSU, KU bias to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Yep, lots of talent on that team. Also on that team

Two PG's who both thought they were going to be the starter
                An offense that didn't work well for either PG
                A "team leader" who hadn't figured out what was needed for that, but claimed it any way
                A player who went into a huge pout if he was disciplined or chastised by his coach
                A player who shot a poor % but if he got the ball late in a close game would ALWAYS take the shot and never pass the ball
                A locker room with tension and, apparently, major dissatisfaction with the coaching staff
                Enough transfers to attract the attention of a national writer who already despised Marshall

That could have been a special team. Instead, it became the end of an era.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Enough transfers to attract the attention of a national writer who already despised Marshall
                  Yeah I wonder about that a decent amount. If 3G had kept that roster happy then maybe none of the other stuff even comes out.

Of course there was probably not any making Stevenson happy.

That 2020 team was a bubble team and should have been much better.

Comment

One of those guys is welcome back in Wichita anytime.

One of those guys can **** the **** off.

78-65

Comment

• I’ll just put this here…

Ma and I were one of the first to get the SSC (Shocker Sports Channel) or SSN (Shocker Sports Network); those were the days my friends…
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yep, lots of talent on that team. Also on that team

Two PG's who both thought they were going to be the starter
                        An offense that didn't work well for either PG
                        A "team leader" who hadn't figured out what was needed for that, but claimed it any way
                        A player who went into a huge pout if he was disciplined or chastised by his coach
                        A player who shot a poor % but if he got the ball late in a close game would ALWAYS take the shot and never pass the ball
                        A locker room with tension and, apparently, major dissatisfaction with the coaching staff

That could have been a special team. Instead, it became the end of an era.
                        We didn't really have two PG's on that team. Maybe zero Pg's. Jemarious wasn't really a PG, and GM knew that, so he continued to look, thus Sherfield who had the skills to be a really fine PG, but wanted to average 30 ppg., and didn't like being coached, thus he wasn't really a PG either. And TP was TP wherever he went (UW, SC, and WV). Really bad chemistry and still won 20 games.

Comment

I’ll just put this here…

Ma and I were one of the first to get the SSC (Shocker Sports Channel) or SSN (Shocker Sports Network); those were the days my friends…
                          Same here, we had season tickets but still got the shocker channel for VCR. Atmosphere at Levitt and game dissection at home. Great stuff.

Comment

• When was the last year of the Shocker Channel?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              When was the last year of the Shocker Channel?
                              I don't actually recall, but maybe 3-4 years? I recall the 3-year probation kinda took the 'wind out of the sails'.

I don't have an Eagle account....

Shocker Summer: When 10,666 seats weren’t enough, there was cable TV | The Wichita Eagle (kansas.com)

(7) Wichita Eagle - Remember the Shocker Sports Channel? Wichita State... | Facebook
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Schaus cancelled it in 97 or 98, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X