Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Not sure it was the same year, but a fan in the cheap seats (top row) hurled a loaded wienie towards the floor after a horrible call… the aluminum foil and bun came off the dog and the naked wienie almost made it to the court. The perpetrator received an immediate ‘pink slip’ from security. Still one of the funniest things I’ve witnessed in the arena. I might have coined it Weinergate. Those were the days…
    It's a testament to the Roundhouse and it's fans that WSU survived Cohen, Thompson and Smithson. Dark, dark days for us all...

Comment

• Jamie Echenique giving props to Wichita State, and Gregg Marshall (all of his coaches) for making him who he is as a basketball player.

Three years into his professional career, the former Shocker big man credits his two years under former WSU coach Gregg Marshall as the reason why his toughness is now a strength in his game. Echenique, 26, has returned to Las Vegas to play in the NBA Summer League for the Portland Trail Blazers, as he continues to try to earn a spot in the G League and ultimately the NBA. “I take a lot of pride in Wichita State and my coaches,” Echenique told The Eagle following Sunday’s game. “I play with a lot more toughness and energy now. I can still remember (Marshall) coming into the locker room at halftime and trying to push me to be better. He got the best out of me and I’m still thankful for that.”

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...277156523.html
      Last edited by Shockm; July 11, 2023, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        Jamie Echenique giving props to Wichita State, and Gregg Marshall (all of his coaches) for making him who he is as a basketball player.

Three years into his professional career, the former Shocker big man credits his two years under former WSU coach Gregg Marshall as the reason why his toughness is now a strength in his game. Echenique, 26, has returned to Las Vegas to play in the NBA Summer League for the Portland Trail Blazers, as he continues to try to earn a spot in the G League and ultimately the NBA. “I take a lot of pride in Wichita State and my coaches,” Echenique told The Eagle following Sunday’s game. “I play with a lot more toughness and energy now. I can still remember (Marshall) coming into the locker room at halftime and trying to push me to be better. He got the best out of me and I’m still thankful for that.”

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...277156523.html
        Nope. Doesn't deserve to ever coach again. What a meaniehead dictator.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Not sure he wants to coach again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I know that. Just being sarcastic about the narrative against 3G.
            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Someone should tell more stories like JE had.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                I’ll just put this here…

Ma and I were one of the first to get the SSC (Shocker Sports Channel) or SSN (Shocker Sports Network); those were the days my friends…
                I believe it was called the Shocker Sports Superchannel (or SSS). Pure Ted Bredehoft gold (and in some cases, fool's gold).

Pops was definitely on that first list to get Cablevision to add SSS to the lineup. Good times. One could never see Arkansas Very Little Rock take their beating too many times.

Comment

• I hope I don't lose all my memory, but if I do, I suspect of all the greats I've had the privilege and joy to watch play here, and play their last game here, Jamie bending down to kiss center court will likely be the last memory to fade. The sheer joy and appreciation that young man had for his opportunity is burned into my soul. He deserves the best that his future has to offer imho.

Comment

• If Etienne, Council, or Porter can make the league at some point, the Shocks will have had a player on every roster for the last 15+ years who ended up in the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                      If Etienne, Council, or Porter can make the league at some point, the Shocks will have had a player on every roster for the last 15+ years who ended up in the NBA.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb.../men/2007.html
                      2 of them have a good shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I don't blame him with the way he was treated on his way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't blame him with the way he was treated on his way out.
                          A lot of people going to shut up, and go away, when you say that. They deserted him, and left him out by himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I hope I don't lose all my memory, but if I do, I suspect of all the greats I've had the privilege and joy to watch play here, and play their last game here, Jamie bending down to kiss center court will likely be the last memory to fade. The sheer joy and appreciation that young man had for his opportunity is burned into my soul. He deserves the best that his future has to offer imho.
                            100% agree

Comment

• Nice long series of Tweets from a Cavs twitter follower breaking down CPJ's game.

Comment

• Wow, just wow!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X