X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn’t TE invited to Hawks NBA camp?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Who wants to bet he won't get drafted or get invited to NBA camp? I've got nothing be appreciation for his Shocker career. Just don't think he's what the NBA looks for and I'm willing to entertain wagers.
      Maybe he won't, but either way he ended his college career admirably and will be playing professionally somewhere.

Comment

• I’d bet with CP that he gets a camp invite after summer camp, if not before. Craig is flying under the radar big time since he had very little exposure in college. He’s a guy that can be the best player on the floor on any given night against any competition.

Comment

• It appears that Durant has seriously impacted Shamet's minutes.

Comment

CP is no doubt well rounded but beyond an obscure blocks stat he does nothing else at an elite level.
            CP is in the Top-20 of the AAC in darn near every stat there is. The only ones he isn't in the Top-20 that I could think of are 3 point shooting and Offensive rebounds. One could argue he does EVERYTHING at an elite level.

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            I question his defense.
            CP was #14 in the country last year in "Box Defense +/-".

2021-2022 NCAA #14 in Defense Box +/-
            2022-2023 AAC 10th in defense rating
            2022-2023 AAC 14th in defensive rebounds
            2022-2023 AAC 11th in steals
            2022-2023 AAC 8th in steals per game
            2022-2023 AAC 4th in blocks
            2022-2023 AAC 3rd in blocks per game
            2022-2023 AAC 18th in defensive rebound percentage
            2022-2023 AAC 13th in steal percentage
            2022-2023 AAC 5th in block percentage

And nearly every one of those was better the year prior. The narrative that CP's defense is questionable is kinda crazy.

Last edited by Kung Wu; April 19, 2023, 07:47 AM.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

CP is in the Top-20 of the AAC in darn near every stat there is. The only ones he isn't in the Top-20 that I could think of are 3 point shooting and Offensive rebounds. One could argue he does EVERYTHING at an elite level.

And nearly every one of those was better the year prior. The narrative that CP's defense is questionable is kinda crazy.

The only ‘chink in his armor’ might be free-throw shooting; something he needs to improve on, however he’ll likely improve considerably with a 100% focus on basketball.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I’d bet with CP that he gets a camp invite after summer camp, if not before. Craig is flying under the radar big time since he had very little exposure in college. He’s a guy that can be the best player on the floor on any given night against any competition.
                How about $50 bet to the winner's organization of choice. Loser has to make a direct online payment to that organization. Bet is CP receives 2023 NBA (not summer league or G League) camp invite. You say yes, I say no. Let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

None of that translates to NBA skills. The only stats he jumps off the page is the obscure blocks. It means something if you're big man. He's not going to make the NBA off blocks.

Comment

How about $50 bet to the winner's organization of choice. Loser has to make a direct online payment to that organization. Bet is CP receives 2023 NBA (not summer league or G League) camp invite. You say yes, I say no. Let me know.
                    done

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

done
                      Cool. All in fun. A lot better than throwing out mindless stats to back an opinion.

Here is a list of key dates from https://www.nba.com/news/key-dates (2022 was the latest info available)

July 6, 2022: NBA teams may begin signing free agents to contracts -- JUST FOR CLARIFICATION ANY TYPE OF CONTRACT SIGNED DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS BET. THIS IS SOLELY WHETHER CP PHYSICALLY ATTENDS A FALL 2023 NBA CAMP WITH ANY OF THE 30 NBA TEAMS (NOT SUMMER OR G-LEAGUE). IF HE'S PRESENT THEN YOU WIN. IF HE ISN'T THEN I WIN. LOSER PAYS $50 ONLINE PAYMENT TO THE WINNER'S ORGANIZATION OF CHOICE.

For reference, the 2022 NBA camps took place over the following dates.
                      • Sept. 24, 2022: Training camps open for all teams participating in preseason games outside North
                        America
                      • Sept. 26, 2022: First allowable date for all other veteran players to report to their teams (no earlier than
                        11 a.m. local time)
                      • Sept. 27, 2022: NBA training camps open

So in all likelihood this bet will remain open until September.

Some good tidbits here explaining NBA training camp https://franchisesports.co.uk/nba-tr...mp%20contracts.

What is an NBA training camp contract?

The NBA training camp roster limit is 20 players only. This includes players who have signed guaranteed, partially guaranteed, and non-guaranteed contracts.

Players who are invited to training camp without existing contracts are given non-guaranteed training camp contracts. This allows teams to pay the player the minimum salary and terminate the contract before the start of the regular season.

According to the NBA’s CBA, these contracts must cover one season, provide for the minimum player salary or two-way salary without any compensation protection, and include an Exhibit 9. Moreover, teams are only allowed to give up to six non-guaranteed training camp contracts.

After the training camp, teams will determine the final 15-man roster for the regular season. This means that five players in the training camp will be cut from the team. However, teams can still sign up to two players on a two-way contract outside of the 15-man roster.
                      Last edited by BostonWu; April 19, 2023, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Where's the popcorn? Lol This will be fun to watch. I'm not a betting type of guy...but imo I think it's 60% chance he's on a NBA roster. Just my .02
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                          Where's the popcorn? Lol This will be fun to watch. I'm not a betting type of guy...but imo I think it's 60% chance he's on a NBA roster. Just my .02
                          The bar is lower than that. He only needs to be a camp participant, not make the regular season roster. Basically 20 guys are invited to camp and 15 make the roster. He just needs to be one of 20 camp attendees.

Comment

The bar is lower than that. He only needs to be a camp participant, not make the regular season roster. Basically 20 guys are invited to camp and 15 make the roster. He just needs to be one of 20 camp attendees.
                            Isn't this the path of TE last year? He was at camp but was not kept? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Comment

Ahhh gotcha - I must've read it wrong originally. I'll go with a 67.3% chance then. Haha. :)
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Isn't this the path of TE last year? He was at camp but was not kept? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?
                                I don't recall TE getting a camp invite. Maybe you're thinking summer or G-league.

Comment

Working...
                                X