Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

CP is no doubt well rounded but beyond an obscure blocks stat he does nothing else at an elite level. I question his defense. If you aren't an above average NBA shooter you better do something really well and I just don't see it. He's classic jack of all trades master of none.

Put me squarely in the TM over CP camp. At least he was well above average in one important category. Can't say the same about CP.
    I think CP is the smoothest and one of the most well rounded players since the mid 1990’s. I would draft him ahead of TM… the only element I saw missing was vocal A-type leadership
    Last edited by proshox; April 17, 2023, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Most of his blocks aren't from getting beat though. They're help and transition defense.
      That's what I saw as well.

Comment

• If we’re debating TM vs CP as a potential NBA PG, which both of them, were/would be, it’s CP hands down. CP has the ability to control the pace of a game, his hesitation style of getting into the lane and finishing mid range jumpers or at the rim are next level. Toure was a good long athlete and a plus defender, but his PG skills were mediocre, IMO.

Comment

• Yahoo! - Wichita State's Craig Porter gains NBA traction with performance at PIT tournament

If Craig Porter Jr. wasn’t on the radar for NBA teams before, then his performance this past week at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament likely changed that.

In a tournament featuring 64 of the top senior college basketball players in the country, the Wichita State point guard managed to turn heads with his defense and leaping ability. He tied the 70-year-old tournament’s record for steals with 10 in three games on top of averaging 9.0 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.3 blocks.

“I really just wanted to get my name out there as much as I could and put myself in the best position to get to the next level,” Porter said. “I think I showed I’m a player who can do it all. I don’t necessarily need to score or need the ball. I can still influence the game defensively. I can rebound. I can really do whatever a team needs me to do to help them win.”

Porter earned all-conference honors after he averaged 13.5 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks this past season, while registering just the second triple-double by a Shocker in the past half-century. Despite the success, Porter is currently not considered in contention to be among the 60 draft picks of the 2023 NBA Draft.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• NBA Scouts have their eyes on him now. Next step seems to be to get into the Summer G League.

Comment

• Probably a good bet to go undrafted and stick on an upper end team in their g league on a 2 way contract.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Can't be, his defense isn't any good.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Can't be, his defense isn't any good.
                  Ya, but that's how he gets his blocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Ya, but that's how he gets his blocks.
                    His blocks are misleading...

Comment

• Who wants to bet he won't get drafted or get invited to NBA camp? I've got nothing be appreciation for his Shocker career. Just don't think he's what the NBA looks for and I'm willing to entertain wagers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Who wants to bet he won't get drafted or get invited to NBA camp? I've got nothing be appreciation for his Shocker career. Just don't think he's what the NBA looks for and I'm willing to entertain wagers.
                        Are you betting for or against him getting a camp invite?

Comment

• He won't get a camp invite

Comment

• He's not getting drafted, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a summer invite
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• “Even if he doesn’t end up being drafted, Porter’s breakout performance in Virginia has created a buzz about his game. He said he met with eight different NBA teams while at the PIT, which could lead to an invitation to the NBA G League Elite Camp next month in Chicago and to NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July.”

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...274432340.html
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• When I say NBA camp that doesn't mean G League or summer camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X