Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Completely agreed - my mother would have told us after the first time to quit it, and second time we'd been on the floor if we didn't listen.
    My mother would have ‘knocked me into next week’. Seriously, I’ll always remember going to church with my parents when I was grade school age. Mom had well manicured fingernails and had a way of digging them into my arm when I was acting goofy (I’ve always been goofy) during church… I would immediately say, “amen”.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Watching the lady next to Derozan's daughter (assuming it's her mom but I don't know) encourage her was the worst thing I saw yesterday. I don't blame the little girl.

My daughter would have done that once............once.
      Yeah, Mom (or whatever adult was supposed to be supervising her) needed to put a quick stop to that.

Comment

• I think WSU should be flying Derozens daughter to away games and paying per missed free throw. That was an elite level of fan psych ops by the girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

My mother would have ‘knocked me into next week’. Seriously, I’ll always remember going to church with my parents when I was grade school age. Mom had well manicured fingernails and had a way of digging them into my arm when I was acting goofy (I’ve always been goofy) during church… I would immediately say, “amen”.
          Im confused, so we're anti chearing, screaming and being loud at basketball games? Don't we always chastise the home crowd for being to quiet. Doesn't every student section in America scream and yell at opposing free throw attempts?

Comment

• Yeah, I guess I'm in the minority. If my kid was screaming at an NBA game (or college game), I'm not getting mad. As shock-it-to-me said, isn't that like, the point, of even going to games? Help provide a boost (however little it might be) to your team?

Comment

• I know some people love Levelle Moton, but one of the things that stuck out to me when NC Central played at CKA was that their female assistant coach would always yell at the last second when one of our players was shooting free throws. Think that was 13-14? Really bugged me.

I’m not as worried about fans although depending on the situation, it may not be apropos.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                I know some people love Levelle Moton, but one of the things that stuck out to me when NC Central played at CKA was that their female assistant coach would always yell at the last second when one of our players was shooting free throws. Think that was 13-14? Really bugged me.

I’m not as worried about fans although depending on the situation, it may not be apropos.
                Agree. Coach conduct is definitely different than fan conduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  Yeah, I guess I'm in the minority. If my kid was screaming at an NBA game (or college game), I'm not getting mad. As shock-it-to-me said, isn't that like, the point, of even going to games? Help provide a boost (however little it might be) to your team?
                  My wife and I went to a WSU Creighton game back when we had AC . My buddy was going to Creighton med school, so he and his wife went to the game with us.
                  Creighton sucked at the time and barley turned out a crowd. Everytime WSU did something good, my wife would scream like she always did at home games. But her voice would be the only one rooting for the shocks in Omaha, so the entire crowd would turn and glare at us. My buddy and his wife found new seats midway through the first half.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Man Gregg is such a meany SOB that none of his players liked…
                    Lol at one of the comments made on Ramon’s post and his response

Comment

• Here's a review of all 64 players at the Portsmouth Invitational. 4 of them (Porter, Udeze, Sherfield, and TP) started their D1 careers at WSU. Of those 4 the reviewer pretty much expressed his opinion that only Porter had a chance to sniff the NBA, Porter seemed to have a better review and evaluation than Kendric Davis.

Edit: Kudos to MKR for pointing out that I missed Burton in the list of former Shox at Portsmouth

P.S. That player list reminds me of the original cast of SNL. The "Not Quite Ready For Prime Time Players".

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/the-...itational?s=04
                      Last edited by Aargh; April 13, 2023, 08:07 PM.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Here's a review of all 64 players at the Portsmouth Invitational. 4 of them (Porter, Udeze, Sherfield, and TP) started their D1 careers at WSU. Of those 4 the reviewer pretty much expressed his opinion that only Porter had a chance to sniff the NBA, Porter seemed to have a better review and evaluation than Kendric Davis.

https://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/the-...itational?s=04
                        I discredit anyone who says this about TP:

"Simply put, he’s a great shooter."

But on second thought, he is a great shooter, just not a great maker.

Also, you forgot to mention Jamarius Burton who is also in the PI.

Comment

Crap - I did. I knew he was in there, just spaced it out when I was posting.

Comment

They also say they think TP needs to be a 1 in the NBA.

What's the NBA record for shots taken in a game? TP will break that the first game he gets to play a full game at the 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They also say they think TP needs to be a 1 in the NBA.

What's the NBA record for shots taken in a game? TP will break that the first game he gets to play a full game at the 1.
                              Saying TP would need to be a 1 is saying he has not a whisper of a chance to get the slightest consideration for the G-League. I'm skeptical of coaches or players putting up with his attitude in international ball.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X