Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    Interesting read about Larry Bird being the best trash talker in the history of the NBA. Mostly about Bird, but Cliff Levingston and X are mentioned so it sort of fits the thread.

https://www.poncacitynews.com/sports...er-nba-history
    Larry Bird was among the nastiest to ever play at the roundhouse but he could really shoot the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Check dates on tweets. It sounds like he was one the the last cuts.
      Is he going to play in the G league?
      Last edited by WeWillShockU2; October 20, 2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Larry Bird was among the nastiest to ever play at the roundhouse but he could really shoot the ball.
        All I know is the first time I saw Bird play in person was at Koch Arena. (At the time it was Levit Arena) They had the jump ball and Indiana State won the tip . Bird runs very fast down the court catches the pass in the deep corner all in one motion fades away and hits nothing but net. I knew immediately that the Shocks were in trouble. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

All I know is the first time I saw Bird play in person was at Koch Arena. (At the time it was Levit Arena) They had the jump ball and Indiana State won the tip . Bird runs very fast down the court catches the pass in the deep corner all in one motion fades away and hits nothing but net. I knew immediately that the Shocks were in trouble. Go Shocks.
          He was something else for sure. Very physical player. I also saw him play in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Indeed.

The brand is the Roundhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Is he going to play in the G league?
              The Wizards have released Jaime Echenique, Jordan Goodwin and Devontae Shuler, the club announced on social media today (Twitter link). …

Echenique, Goodwin and Shuler all signed Exhibit 10 contracts, making them strong candidates to play with the team’s G League affiliate this season.

Comment

• TP is establishing himself with the Gamecocks.

Nothing has been really that hard. The toughest thing, which hasn’t been that complicated, has been learning Frank’s system. But it hasn’t really been that hard of a transition
                I have pretty much established myself as a leader on the team. When it comes to my role on the court, I’ve got to make shots and got to defend. I’m a vet, it is my fourth year of college basketball, so I know what it takes to win. I just want to help these guys win and improve every day.
                https://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...255267991.html

Comment

• He knows what it takes to win?

LMAO.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "You better get there on the catch..." Why, letting you shoot is typically the best possible defense!?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      TP is establishing himself with the Gamecocks.

Oh boy. I have seen this cockiness in the past and it hasn't gone good for him. Good to know he has been humbled...

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        TP is establishing himself with the Gamecocks.

Bezjak: Frank Martin’s best advice or best coaching tip to you so far?

Stevenson: It hasn’t been basketball-wise to be honest with you. He is a great basketball coach. But he is preparing me for my future, my basketball career after college. He talks to me about being a coach and that is what I want to do when my career is over. So things along that line help me be a coach when my career is over.

Erik .. I think Frank is trying to tell you that you suck and maybe coaching is better than playing for you ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The Wizards have released Jaime Echenique, Jordan Goodwin and Devontae Shuler, the club announced on social media today (Twitter link). …

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Austin Reaves' NBA season is progressing nicely with the Lakers - 10 points and 30 minutes in the Lakers victory over the Spurs last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                                Austin Reaves' NBA season is progressing nicely with the Lakers - 10 points and 30 minutes in the Lakers victory over the Spurs last night.
                                As a Lakers fan...he's probably not going to stick once the injured guys return, but he's showing out nicely. He's on the floor every game more than a stripper in Vegas.

Comment

Working...
                                X