Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

-9 +/- though and the L. I hope he can get on the positive side of the +/- and some W's -- then he'll start getting some serious p.t.
    Can someone remind exactly how the +/- is measured? I believe it is the net point change when the particular player is in the game. Is that the case? If so, one player can only do so much to impact that, it would seem to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Can someone remind exactly how the +/- is measured? I believe it is the net point change when the particular player is in the game. Is that the case? If so, one player can only do so much to impact that, it would seem to me.
      IMO it's more important for a point guard, who is dictating the plays. In the NBA -- as in pretty much all pro sports -- he'll need to figure out which guys will reliably finish and figure out how to use and abuse them. I think a couple of the starter bigs were out as well, so he'll get grace if the bigs weren't finishing. I didn't watch the game so I don't know why his +/- was so low.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

-9 +/- though and the L. I hope he can get on the positive side of the +/- and some W's -- then he'll start getting some serious p.t.
        A look at the box score has more of the story: The 5 starters were -19 (29 minutes), -12 (33 m), -11 (29 m), -9 (25 m), and -5 (only 16 minutes) and from the bench -12 (24 m), -9 (23 m), the other 4 players (other than Porter) minutes totaled 29 minutes and much of their time was most likely after the damage had already been done as the Knicks played 14 players. Exception was the Knicks PG who played the most of any player on both teams at 34 minutes and lead everyone with a +21.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          We've seen this a time or two around here...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

A look at the box score has more of the story: The 5 starters were -19 (29 minutes), -12 (33 m), -11 (29 m), -9 (25 m), and -5 (only 16 minutes) and from the bench -12 (24 m), -9 (23 m), the other 4 players (other than Porter) minutes totaled 29 minutes and much of their time was most likely after the damage had already been done as the Knicks played 14 players. Exception was the Knicks PG who played the most of any player on both teams at 34 minutes and lead everyone with a +21.
            Yeah, I think they were missing several starters, which would definitely affect the PG in a negative way -- no proven finishers on the floor. Hopefully he will get some quality minutes with starters that can finish.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Paul was indeed a good man. A few of us drove down to watch him play at Cowley before he came to WSU. They called him "hot dog fingers." I talked with him several times. I told him if he could act that he should get into pro wrestling. In my wildest dreams I never thought if he did so that he would become so famous. I'm still awaiting for my commission. I was happy for him because he was always nice to me on every encounter, just like Dave Stallworth was.
              ... and "banana fingers"...
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This was shared by Conner on Twitter.

Translation:

"All of us who form CB Breogán share our feelings with our colleague Conner Frankamp after receiving the sad news of his brother's death. You have all our strength and encouragement, Conner. DEP"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      "All of us who form CB Breogán share our feelings with our colleague Conner Frankamp after receiving the sad news of his brother's death. You have all our strength and encouragement, Conner. DEP"
                      Sad news. I just saw Conner around town a couple of weeks ago. Condolences to him and his family.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Freddy really has his jumper looking sweet.

Comment

• Poise on and off the court.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• FVV
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                Nice find forever!
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X