No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaCrosse, Lyme, St. Louis, Zika, West Nile, Ebola, German, Guines, Rocky Mountain, Wuhan, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
      LaCrosse, Lyme, St. Louis, Zika, West Nile, Ebola, German, Guines, Rocky Mountain, Wuhan, etc
      German Measles is now called Rubella. West Nile isn't a place or country, nor is Ebola. Shall I continue discrediting you?
      "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

• They were all named for locations on the planet whether cities, mountains or rivers like Ebola.

Comment

• Originally posted by insaneykaney View Post

It's called Covid-19. You should consider referring to it as that. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

What was the Spanish flu?
            Hong Kong flu?

Comment

German Measles is now called Rubella. West Nile isn't a place or country, nor is Ebola. Shall I continue discrediting you?
              Are you sophisticated like the Obama’s? Are you from Martha’s Vineyard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                They were all named for locations on the planet whether cities, mountains or rivers like Ebola.
                The point is, Americans of Asian descent and Asians living legally in this country were getting attacked, verbally abused and viewed with suspicion because of that term. No medical authorities called it "China Flu", as was the case from your examples from less-enlightened times. Don't be a dick and propagate language that puts innocent people in danger. Don't magnify the dickery by getting off on it. This is just basic human decency.

"Mean people suck."
                - Jesus Effing Christ
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Is enlightened what you call typing the Lord’s Name in vain? All I did was present examples of originating places being used to name diseases. Enlightened is not the word I would use for doing gain of function work on a virus with the safety protocols of a dentist’s office in Wuhan, China.

Comment

• IGTV labeled it SARS-Co-2. But that didn’t grab people’s attention. So they named it after a beer.

I realize now I have been drinking Modelo and not Corona ever since. I agree, we should stop with the discriminatory terms.

Comment

• China Virus
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Jaime played just 4 minutes last night against the Kings and had a rebound and a block and was +8. Hopefully he gets some more playing time.

Mit and the Magic play at 5 PM Central today on ESPN 2.

Comment

I get the feeling if the tables were turned and it was called the "American virus" "Wichita virus" or something to that end you would take offense to that. If so, then the Golden Rule should apply. If you disagree, then enjoy your ignorance.
                          Some sheep actually believe the Communist China Propaganda. The same regime that murders their own people on a consistent basis.
                          Facts are troublesome and hard to refute. If you believe otherwise, then your SN name truly fits.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I get the feeling if the tables were turned and it was called the "American virus" "Wichita virus" or something to that end you would take offense to that. If so, then the Golden Rule should apply. If you disagree, then enjoy your ignorance.
                            Excuse me for being slow to respond but I am puzzled regards your response; what in my post leads you to ​​​​​​"get the feeling if the tables were turned" I would take offense to identifying an engineered virus by the location of the research facility that created the strain and subsequently permitted it to escape the facility?

IMO the logic behind supporting such a naming process is not ignorant but affords clarity to the casual reader of the origins of the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Jaime played just 4 minutes last night against the Kings and had a rebound and a block and was +8. Hopefully he gets some more playing time.

Jaime at least led his team in +/-, which isn't much, but it is something. They looked pretty bad honestly, which might make them more willing to open the bench and give him some minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Jaime played just 4 minutes last night against the Kings and had a rebound and a block and was +8. Hopefully he gets some more playing time.

Maybe Midtgaard will get some playing time today or tomorrow. According to this article - https://gculopes.com/news/2021/7/30/...er-league.aspx - he was in Wichita on Saturday getting married. Maybe he missed practice over the weekend which affected his playing status on Monday.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X